Hi Guys i desperatly search for some help with my Saitek/Logitech X-55.

The situation is that switching the modes on the throttle module of the X-55 does not affect the stick module. The stick itself works perfectly well i.e. axis and buttons can be configured within the Saitek software.

My idea was to use the different modes for different situations e.g. m1 for landing/starting/taxiing m2 for nav and m3 for combat.

To my regrets i can bind only one key to each button of the stick and can't switch the bindings unsing the modeswitch on the throttle.

I have already deinstalled the drivers and the software and installed the newest ones from the Saitek website (7.0.55.13). I also have tried various combinations of USB connections cause i read that the X-55 can be very picky about in which USB plug it is put.

A symptom of my problem is also that the lights on the stick are not lit and that in the windows configuration window (joy.cpl) i can either configure the throttle or the stick but not both at the same time depending on which USB combination I chose.

I am using windows 10 64 bit and as i said version 7.0.55.13 of driver and software.

I would really appreciate every help of you guys especially those of you who maybe already know this problem. Many thanks in advance.

cheers Jolly

Afaik the modes require the software in order to function, and the stick has to be configured with keyboard macros. It doesn't turn ''button 1'' into ''button 10'' by turning the knob. It switches keyboard macros from 'set 1' to 'set 2', it's all done in the software, but it's a major pain.

I often had problem with the lights flickering and had to adjust the setting in the software to fix it temporarily. That's what you get with Saitek, sorry.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Afaik the modes require the software in order to function, and the stick has to be configured with keyboard macros. It doesn't turn ''button 1'' into ''button 10'' by turning the knob. It switches keyboard macros from 'set 1' to 'set 2', it's all done in the software, but it's a major pain.

Hi zhukov, many thx for your fast reply. You are totally right and my post was misleading. I have configured keyboard makros resp. keybindings in the software. E.g. i have bind the letter "a" to the trigger in mode 1, the letter "b" in mode 2 and the letter "c" in mode 3. With my stick i only get the letter "a" regardless of which mode I use. BTW the throttle works perfectly in that regard. with the throttle i get electrical systems on/off on toggle switch 1 in mode 3 and cockpit open/close also on toggle switch 1 in mode 2.

Nonetheless many thx for your reply.

cheers Jolly

Oh, I think the mode switch ONLY applies to the throttle. But I think you can use the brake lever or pinky switch as a modifier for the stick.

As far as I know the mode switch is also meant for switching the stick. There exist many vids showing this and also profiles even here which rely on this function. To be correct I faced this issue only because I tried to use one of those profiles. It never occured to me playing different games than DCS because I didnt need so many buttons e.g. in elite dangerous.

The use of modifiers directly in DCS would probably work but would be some kind wof workaround for me in other words I would prefer to do my keybindings directly in the saitek software if possible. Thank you for your good advice anyway mate.

Cheers Jolly

Oh, I think the mode switch ONLY applies to the throttle. But I think you can use the brake lever or pinky switch as a modifier for the stick.

Nope, Mode covers both throttle and joystick

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.