[CANT REPRODUCE] Performance problem in Quick Start mission Bomber Intercept - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 01:34 PM   #21
Greyman

I've just returned to DCS, after a few months off, and i am also seeing the ODCSParticleSystem.... error in my log. There is a slight difference however, in that my client CTD, after a very short period where the performance drops dramatically.

I can reproduce the error, despite having repaired DCS. The CTD occurs just as my first AGM65D maverick hits the bridge in the easy spring A10C instant mission.

I play in VR btw, in an Oculus Rift.

Edit: My issue appears to have gone away. I'm not sure which was the cure, but i both removed all mods as well as installing the very latest Nvidia drivers for my GPU. My money, if i had any left, would be on the latter.

Last edited by Greyman; 07-30-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Greyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #22
funkyfranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporg View Post
Does anyone else have similar problems?
Yeah, FPS tanked to single digits in VR as soon as I came close to the bombers. Anyone tried without the wake turbulence activated (just a wild guess)?
funkyfranky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:24 PM   #23
toutenglisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfranky View Post
Yeah, FPS tanked to single digits in VR as soon as I came close to the bombers. Anyone tried without the wake turbulence activated (just a wild guess)?
That's it. With wake turbulence fps go down to 8, without fps stay at 45 with some deeps to 40' at closest relative to bombers' flight.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:19 AM   #24
Alec Delorean

Oh, i have to check this. Was flying the Anton yesterday and those bomber missions were completely unplayable because of the fps drops.
Alec Delorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:35 AM   #25
Alec Delorean

Yep, there is a connection. Before switching off wake turbulence, the frame drop was extreme. Now the bomber groups still cost fps, but not that much anymore. I wish they wouldn't cost any fps...
Old 08-05-2019, 06:32 PM   #26
Alec Delorean

It's definitely a global problem, just tested a mission with the F-86. Huge fps drop with wake turbulence enabled. I'm on the latest beta.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #27
Alec Delorean

double post
Old 08-06-2019, 09:52 AM   #28
Sporg

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfranky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by toutenglisse View Post
That's it. With wake turbulence fps go down to 8, without fps stay at 45 with some deeps to 40' at closest relative to bombers' flight.
Thank you very much!

I will test this, as it can very well be my problem:
I tested F-14 on OB when it came out, and of course enabled wake turbulence to try out the new feature.

However, I didn't test F-14 on my release version, so I didn't think of switching on wake turbulence there.

Another thing is, if it was playable, it could be marvellous to have the added challenge of having to fly through the turbulence from a massive bomber formation as well.
Sporg is offline   Reply With Quote