CCRP steering mode?

WildBillKelsoe

I can get the hud to show the CCRP symbology. I always hit pickle and everything drops off. What should be used to ground designate? The gun cross?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I can get the hud to show the CCRP symbology. I always hit pickle and everything drops off. What should be used to ground designate? The gun cross?

It's been a long time but isn't the TDC what you use to mark the target. Forgot what key you needed to press (O?). It used to be that you moved it over the target and pressed ENTER. This designated the target and the TDC was replaced by the target mark. The cuing mark appeared at the top of the bomb fall line, etc etc.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Here is the thing. there is no TDC when cycling between CCIP and CCRP modes. I will recheck tonight and report again. I will also recheck controls and the O button.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Here is the thing. there is no TDC when cycling between CCIP and CCRP modes. I will recheck tonight and report again. I will also recheck controls and the O button.

Quick video. I forgot that there's a range/slant range limit for the system (haven't seriously flown this aircraft since LOMAC/FC). I'm not targeting anything in particular. Just making sure the system works and it does.

Key command sequence in the video: "7", "O", slide the TDC down toward the bottom of the HUD with "." Pressed ENTER and nothing happened. That's when I remembered that there used to be range limitations and dropped the nose to place the TDC over a closer patch of ground. Pressed ENTER, the patch of ground was locked and proceeded from there. Crappy flying but, then again, haven't bothered to set up my stick for the A-10. So no curves, etc.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 2 years later...
Quick video. I forgot that there's a range/slant range limit for the system (haven't seriously flown this aircraft since LOMAC/FC). I'm not targeting anything in particular. Just making sure the system works and it does.

Key command sequence in the video: "7", "O", slide the TDC down toward the bottom of the HUD with "." Pressed ENTER and nothing happened. That's when I remembered that there used to be range limitations and dropped the nose to place the TDC over a closer patch of ground. Pressed ENTER, the patch of ground was locked and proceeded from there. Crappy flying but, then again, haven't bothered to set up my stick for the A-10. So no curves, etc.

Oh my god, so sorry.. :huh:

Didnt notice it until well over two years..

Oh my god, so sorry.. :huh:

Didnt notice it until well over two years..

:) Better late than never. How did you even run across this thread again after all this time?

_____

• 2 weeks later...
:) Better late than never. How did you even run across this thread again after all this time?

I clicked my name top right and about find threads started by to see last poster and reply. Once again, thank you.

Besides that I have been on and off lately.