Auto Hover and auto collecting not working for me

Simon1279

Hi everybody, whenever i press RCtrl + Enter i can see the "red square" showing trim, throttle exc. but if i try to press Q key and C key nothing happens to the chopper and there's nothing written on the red square, but if i turn on the slave i can see the word slave in white color on the red square, meaning that the slave mode is activated, what's wrong here ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Gyro is on?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Remember to be under this conditions:

• Ground speed lower than 18km/h.

• Roll and pitch lower than 30°.

• Vertical speed lower than 60m/minute.

I`v noticed that the "window" when you can activate the AH mode is very tiny, map AH button to your stick and press is multiple times when trying to steady the Gazelle.

thank you everyone, yes Gyro is on, GS lower than 18 Km/h, roll and pitch less than 30°, Vertical speed lower than 60m/m and every button as it is on the chopper stick mapped in the same way on my HOTAS

Ok now works, wow really difficult

Edited by Simon1279

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Ya a little more leeway with this would be nice. I have had it in a perfect stable hover and it just refuses to turn on sometimes. Seems like it is buggy.

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

Ya a little more leeway with this would be nice. I have had it in a perfect stable hover and it just refuses to turn on sometimes. Seems like it is buggy.

Did you make sure you have the Gyro system on? If not, it seems that you can't enable the auto hover without any apparent reason.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Remember to be under this conditions:

• Ground speed lower than 18km/h.

• Roll and pitch lower than 30°.

• Vertical speed lower than 60m/minute.

I`v noticed that the "window" when you can activate the AH mode is very tiny, map AH button to your stick and press is multiple times when trying to steady the Gazelle.

Is there any indication in the cockpit when the auto-hover mode is on? The 18km/h ground speed condition is difficult to achieve, and it is often not clear to me whether the auto-hover mode has caught (I know there is the RALT ENTER "cheat" but I would prefer not to use it). Also, am I right that there is no cockpit indication that could allow one to judge whether the airspeed is less than 18km/h (there is no Doppler radar like in the Mi-8). :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Is there any indication in the cockpit when the auto-hover mode is on? The 18km/h ground speed condition is difficult to achieve, and it is often not clear to me whether the auto-hover mode has caught (I know there is the RALT ENTER "cheat" but I would prefer not to use it).

I usually wiggle the rudder a bit. If it is not responding, autohover is active.

Also, am I right that there is no cockpit indication that could allow one to judge whether the airspeed is less than 18km/h (there is no Doppler radar like in the Mi-8). :helpsmilie:

Of course the Gazelle has a doppler radar. ;)

If you put the navigation system mode selector to "V.S. DER." the display will display ground speed in km/h and ground track.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

That is a great trick! I'll have to remember that. I usually fly with the control indicator on so I can see the message on there. But with the oculus rift there is no control indicator so would be nice to confirm it's on.

I usually wiggle the rudder a bit. If it is not responding, autohover is active.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

• 2 years later...

Of course the Gazelle has a doppler radar. ;)

If you put the navigation system mode selector to "V.S. DER." the display will display ground speed in km/h and ground track.

I know thats an old thread....but holy cow how much is this little advice helpful...awesome...+1000 :)

so easy now to engage auto hover.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I know thats an old thread....but holy cow how much is this little advice helpful...awesome...+1000 :)

so easy now to engage auto hover.

Here's an even easier way, set the selector switch highlighted below to "dop" and use the bars on the artificial horizon.

PF3gvXw.jpg

After few hours with the Gazelle I really feel the requirements for AH should be little less strict. I can fly it and land with no issues but keeping it steady (yaw especially) is really hard.

The auto hover tolerances are just fine.

Once you get experience, you will bring that chopper in fast and hard behind tight and restricted cover and instantaneously engage the auto hover.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 11 months later...

After two days trying to use the "auto hover" on my own mission ....I can´t make it !!

But after trying to find why....Let´s go back to basic "Helicopters doesn´t take off with windy condition" ;)

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR

Wind really isn't a problem, it really is a case of practise. If your using a joytstick with center detent this can make establishing a stable hover a little more tricky then it need be however again practise is key. And the window of setting autohover is fairly broad, really.

As a side note I was flying Gazelle with a budy yesterday who was using just a Logitech 3DPro for cyclic, collective and anti-torque and he had no issues putting the Gazelle in to autohover so as frustrating as it may seem it really is a case of practice. :thumbup:

My tip, practise hovering in the minigun version, as it has a better almost unrestricted view of the "world" which makes it easier to judge drift whilst hovering.

Probably one of the first hovering skills people develop is to pick a reference point some 10 to 15 mtrs (30 to 45ft) out and hover trying to use that reference point to judge drift whilst hovering. Nice and it helps learning to hover initially.

Practice hovering and visually selecting different reference points trees, rocks, parts of buildings etc whilst maintaining a stable hover. In other words train your brain to adapt to different reference points and not fixate on any of them and freely shift between them.

After a some practise the only "reference" you'll need is the airframe and your "casual" view of the outside world.

Then practise hovering looking down at your skids towards the ground or better still looking down at your skids towards the ground hovering over the corner of a building. :P

Your training your brain to normalise your position or attitude relative to the world, you do it all the time when you walk or ride a bike or drive a car, why should flying a helicopter be any different?

At some stage if your using a joystick you'll realise just how horrid that center detent and springs are for choppers. :music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your advises

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR

There is another problem too.

When using a slider or axis to adjust the power leaver in many cases it did not reach 100% FULL OPEN even when it looks like. But there is no tolerance in the code and AP will only function at 100 %.

Personal I had to remove the power lever to get that d.. thing working.

Always happy landings ;)

• 5 months later...
There is another problem too.

When using a slider or axis to adjust the power leaver in many cases it did not reach 100% FULL OPEN even when it looks like. But there is no tolerance in the code and AP will only function at 100 %.Personal I had to remove the power lever to get that d.. thing working.

Interesting...

I am having a bit of a hard time learning how to engage auto-hover. I have a few levers etc mapped to my Warthog HOTAS, Keyboard etc

When you say 'power lever', which lever are you referring to please?

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Interesting...

I am having a bit of a hard time learning how to engage auto-hover. I have a few levers etc mapped to my Warthog HOTAS, Keyboard etc

When you say 'power lever', which lever are you referring to please?

I believe he meant the throttle, the shorter handle on the roof.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

@Holton181

Thanks … I thought so, but just wanted to check :)

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]