DCS World 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

Okay cool.

Sorry for what might be a silly question: Is there a way to check how many activations I have before I go uninstalling the old version?

http://proactive.star-force.com/2.0/activate.php

Enter serial and click 'Serial Number Parameters'.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FPS drops a lot...

Greetings

Yes, we know. We have acknowledged the issue and confirmed that it is receiving urgent attention. Any more we can do?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^exactly

Do not wait until you spend your last activation prior to requesting more. In any event, lets not forget that this discussion only pertains to BS1 and not to World and it's modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will there be any announcements of automatic updates here on the forums? or when the DCSW updates automatically, any way to know what is being fixed or added thru DCSW itself? Like a message telling you what it is?

Not sure how it will operate - the system is still in its infancy.

Nate

Not yet, but the auto updater itself is far from finished. It will have more functions/features/refinements added over time

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Will there be any announcements of automatic updates here on the forums? or when the DCSW updates automatically, any way to know what is being fixed or added thru DCSW itself? Like a message telling you what it is?

As an example, nobody seems to know what the update right after install was about. You can look at the log files but beyond that...

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Details of every update can be found in your Saved Games/DCS/Logs folder in the autoupdate.log file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do not wait until you spend your last activation prior to requesting more. In any event, lets not forget that this discussion only pertains to BS1 and not to World and it's modules.

Copy that, and I do thank you for the information. I do understand the need to protect the product from being pirated but when it becomes easier to download a pirated copy and have it work (I have no knowledge of a pirated DCS or any experience with such) then to get a legitimate copy activated, it becomes a target for such activity. I love the sim and hope that never happens but those are the facts. Starforce already has burned an unknown amount of people that will never buy a game that uses that brand of copy protection.

So after installing 1.2.1, on first run the new auto updater said there was an update.

Oh and it appears the audio triggers ARE fixed in this patch even though they aren't in the notes.

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

are you testing your product before launch?

1. instalation.. with your instructions of course. installated ok.. run.. quick update.. and error. DCS CANT START.. nice.. restart computer fixed it,

2. start campain. only few minutes in flight i see problem with TGP and buildings in zoom (screenshot) (nvidia GTX570m lastest drivers)

3.World crashed to dasktop "DCS stopping work bla bla.. " twice.... i tested it only 15 minutes. (win7-64x)

no problems with old 1.2 world

only FPS dropping everytime with incoming patch :(( next one or two patches and i'll must stop play :(. I start with full details in DCS A10 v 1.1.1.1 and now i must set low details (only texture hight and shadows) for smooth flight :(

Screen_121002_000247.jpg

Edited by Raydowe

All the guys complaining about activations: Cut them some slack. It happened by mistake. Just leave it be and you will get ur activation back. Heck...for some reason, it shows up as I have only 6 activations for my DCS warthog...but hey... mistakes happen and so far ED is the only dev who has ever been so generous with the activations as long as u show them proof that you purchased ur copy. I think thats more than we can ask for and I commend them for sticking through with the starforce activation. I think it helps save them sales and support this niche sim developer.

We already hassle them enough by bugging them with bug reports and requests for new features. Give them a chance to get a breather and consolidate it.

& NOW....

Where are the 6dof flanker, fulcrum and frog cockpits ED? Chop Chop... :p ;D

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Another interesting thing.

I de-activated and the program said I have 9 activations left.

After installing the new version and activating A-10 it says I still have 9 activations. :thumbup: Leave that one alone.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Presumably I just remove DCSW 1.2.0 by uninstalling "DCS World" from COntrol Panel> Programs and feature?

This will remove my installed 1.2.0 modules (A-10 and BS2 Upgrade) too? I don't see a separate remove option for them.

Edited by Ratfink

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

Is part of peoples problem possibly that they forgot to turn off torrent after downloading? I just realized mine is till seeding at around 1.4M/sec total.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Is part of peoples problem possibly that they forgot to turn off torrent after downloading? I just realized mine is till seeding at around 1.4M/sec total.

What would that affect?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

What would that affect?

I would think possibly on-line play since your sharing bandwidth with the torrent. Wouldn't that create lag?