Track IR is what's keeping me from playing

I love flight sims, always have since I played subLogic Flight simulator 2 on my C64 in the 80's. The problem I have now that is making DCS so very frustrating is with my trackIR. For BMS and Elite Dangerous it works flawlessly but when I fire up the A10C its nothing but grief. The hud never stays lined up I constantly have to scootch down and reset then sit up for all the data to be displayed centered and the tracking is always glitching, especially when on a strafing run or landing.

I have the sensor about 24 inches away and use the hat clip. The sensor is a few inches above head level and I wear glasses.

Any idea how to remedy this. Would switching to the pro clip help?

Thank you

In the trackir software 3d box top left "display" use camera view and make sure you are centered.

Dont quote me but in the real A10C I think the real pilots have to lean in a few inches to get all the hud.

So when the game starts up and the view is stable lean in a bit and press your default centre key.

Your head naturally moves back and the hud sides go missing.This works quite well and feels natural.

Im no expert though.

Edited by aceviper

Try putting the files in the rar attached into the Saved Games\DCS\Config\View folder.

View.rar

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Add some 'dead zone/null zone' to the center of your Track IR's axis'. This will keep your view from jumping around when you make very tiny head movements but you'll still have a full range of tracking when you move your head past this new small dead zone/null zone. This also negates the need to always having to re-center the Track IR. If you can't do this. let me know and I'll upload a pre-modified profile for you.

Edited by Winston 60
spelling

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

I think he's referring to the tendency it has to stick in.an off center axis sometimes. I've noticed it many times, but not sure why it does it. Like, looking up too far causes the pilot to scootch down, then when you look straight ahead again, the pilot is still scootched down when he SHOULD raise back up. Usually have to hop up a bit or something and then it'll snap back into place. I suspect it's just that DCS has a wide range of motion available, and if you go 'too far' it doesn't fully center again... or something. I don't know. It's the only game I have that problem with, though.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I think he's referring to the tendency it has to stick in.an off center axis sometimes. I've noticed it many times, but not sure why it does it. Like, looking up too far causes the pilot to scootch down, then when you look straight ahead again, the pilot is still scootched down when he SHOULD raise back up. Usually have to hop up a bit or something and then it'll snap back into place. I suspect it's just that DCS has a wide range of motion available, and if you go 'too far' it doesn't fully center again... or something. I don't know. It's the only game I have that problem with, though.

This seems to be pretty much it. I put in a dead zone and removed the axis for sitting up and down. Now when I show up in the pit I raise my seat and it's been gtg.

There are still some issues when I go to look over my shoulder or 90 degrees of center and up that it gets wonky but I think I can fix that with some more adjustments.

That's probably because of the reflectors you said you're using. I switched to an illuminated LED a while back and consider it much more reliable. TrackIR makes one, but DelanClip is a lot cheaper and more sturdily built.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Yeah, been wondering how long before rift fanboys jump on this thread.

But the clip pro or delain clip should also make things somewhat better.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Make sure there is no light behind or beside you the camera can see.

Yes the Proclip is the way to go if your going to stay with TIR.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10