If external model is complete, can you release as AI only?

Just a question? If the Typhoon's external model is complete and the AI Fm is complete then can it be released in the next possible update, similar to how Belsimtek did with the F-5E? They released their external model first for AI use strictly, and then worked on the rest of the model. Can this happen with the Typhoon?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Hmm, I think can be mismatch about them. If I make a MOD with a 3rd model (aircraft, helo, ship, vehicles, weapon, etc), and I code the LUA, I can insert them into DCS: W. but the 3rd party dont follow that way.

Normally, the 3rd party send the "core" info with the external 3D model to ED to insert them as AI into DCS: W with the proper files to get functionality as AI (luas, textures, flight models, weapons, etc) and ED check and test them to not get a crash with the main program (QA). With accept them, normally has inserted into a proper version.

• 2 weeks later...
Nope that'ts not the process I'm afraid.

The entire module; AI and player has to be ready to go to ED for inclusion into DCSW.

Then how come the C101CC is in the game as AI when it´s not flyable? Would you know how that works?

I think that´s what confuses people when Dev A does X and Dev B sais "that´s not possible".

No disrespect, just curious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

• ED Team

I think the C101 was unique, the EB version was in beta already so it was not a great leap to have the AI CC also.

If I was a developer with a great aircraft like the typhoon, I would not release it until I was ready for a big reveal, that is just my opinion.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Because Avio included the CoreMods files for the CC with the EB when they released or patched that.

Two aircraft types of the same aircraft are easy to do.

I could give Typhoon CoreMods files to ED but they wouldn't release them until the module is complete and signed off.

In fact P-40 AI has been with ED for months now but it won't be released until the module is signed off.

Even the F-5E was released as AI long before it became flyable. By this I mean, ever since the 1.5 update, they added new F-5E models and also the F-5E-3 both of which were AI, then Belsimtek announced making the F-5E and nearly completing it. And then you find out it's the F-5E-3 that was the flyable mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• ED Team

Ells has explained why, you will just have to accept that we will not see the AI version until it has been signed off by ED.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2