FAQ: VEAO Typhoon for DCS World

When I'm thinking about it, the manual for this thing will be HUGE. Especially if all roles will be included.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the "flight manual" of the real aircraft comprises several hundred, if not thousands of pages and that even for the more "limited" capability standards. Arguably the documentation needs to adhere to specific international standards and there is quite some redundancy in there. The exact count of pages is pretty much difficult without the help of tools as most of the documentation is available in electronic form and split into countless individual modules that whose scope can range from a single page up to a few dozen pages.

I expect that the initial manual for this module will be pretty much stream lined and very much focussed merely assuming that its readers are familar enough with the basics!?

The DCS: Typhoon manual will be more "how to fly this in DCS" rather than an extract from the live manual, like the Hawk one, for obvious reasons.

The current manual I'm looking at is 355 pages and that's just for the cockpit definitions.

The flight manual is 683 pages.

The BAE one's are about 300 a piece

The C16 avionics manual is.... don't think I need to go on lol

• 1 month later...
Dont know if this is stated somewhere but what Typhoon variant will we be getting?.

I assume Tranche 1?

But Block 5 or Block 2?

Q: What version of the aircraft will be simulated by the VEAO Typhoon module?

A: At release the VEAO Typhoon module will simulate the single seat variant of the aircraft at a standard equivalent to Block 5 as is in service with the British Royal Air Force.

Q: What is a Block 5 Typhoon?

A: As with many other military aircraft production of the Typhoon is split into multiple tranches, batches and blocks. Blocks herein represent the smallest production breakdown and can be described as capability baselines. Block 5 represents the last block of the Tranche 1 order. Block 5 is the final operating capability (FOC) standard. That means Block 5 Typhoons provide the level of capability and functionality laid out in the weapon system performance specification of this aircraft as stipulated in the development contract.

Q: What systems and capabilities does a Block 5 have?

A: Block 5 Typhoons are mainly optimized for air-to-air missions, with some basic air-to-ground capabilities. These aircraft feature the Captor-C radar utilizing a mechanically scanned planar array, the PIRATE infrared sensor, the Defensive Aids Sub-System, the HEA helmet mounted symbology system, the Multifunction Information Distribution System, Direct Voice Input etc.

It's in the first post...

This thread passed me buy all this time, thanks for the info.

Can I ask a question, not sure if you will be able to answer or not though. There is a mention you are making a version for the military, will their version also be a T1, Block 5? Or are they getting a newer version given the short life span of the T1?

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

This thread passed me buy all this time, thanks for the info.

Can I ask a question, not sure if you will be able to answer or not though. There is a mention you are making a version for the military, will their version also be a T1, Block 5? Or are they getting a newer version given the short life span of the T1?

We can't disclose that information

Pman

oh ... : (

The T1 was primarily focussed on air to air in fairness. But it will certainly be more useful than the F-15c we have now, plus any A2G is a bonus in such a fighter, it will no doubt be good fun. We aren't sure yet exactly what weapons will be included,

can you please specify "basic air-to-ground capabilities" a little bit more? what exactly is included?

Right now all what you may see is a LGB+LDP. Unguided munitions are supposedly not planned and except for a 1000lb GPB not unguided A/S weapon is integrated on the real Block 5 Typhoon either. The VEAO Typhoon is not meant to be armed with anything not available on the real thing either.

Are you guys still on track for a 2015 release? (Sorry if it's been asked before)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Pman thanks for the update on your communication policy, had no idea. Godspeed and good luck with the development. :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

We're gonna need to have atleast the Mavericks, paveway II and the HARM missile, otherwise we're gonna have yet another jet that can do no SEAD and is only capable of good air to air.

Not exactly what I'm looking for. Still waiting for an interesting jet capable of proper air to ground

Just get both like everybody else ;) The F-18c will likely be the better ground pounder of the two, but the Typhoon will be the fighter of choice in DCS for some time to come I imagine. But still with some A2G capability which will no doubt be fun to play around with.

Just get both like everybody else ;) The F-18c will likely be the better ground pounder of the two, but the Typhoon will be the fighter of choice in DCS for some time to come I imagine. But still with some A2G capability which will no doubt be fun to play around with.

Hahaha once I have a job again i'll be collecting those jets like post stamps

We're gonna need to have atleast the Mavericks, paveway II and the HARM missile, otherwise we're gonna have yet another jet that can do no SEAD and is only capable of good air to air.

Not exactly what I'm looking for. Still waiting for an interesting jet capable of proper air to ground

Seriously?

Maverick on the Eurofighter? How did you come up with that? The Maverick is not used on the Eurofighter in any of the user countries and no one plans to do that as far as I know. The RAF wants to integrate the Brimstone Missle into the eurofighter which comes pretty close to the Maverick though.

HARM + Eurofighter? Again, where is that the case or at least planned?

The only reasonable thing you mentioned is the Paveway which is already in use with the (british) Eurofighter.

I think you should wait for the Hornet instead which is a true multirole AC and has all those weapons. The Eurofighter was originally planned and designed as a pure air superiority fighter and gets now slowly refitted as a multirole AC, but that takes time.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg