Warthog paddle suddenly no longer detected by DCS

Everything was fine. Then one day I tried using the paddle button and nothing happened. I went into the controller assignments and the button was still assigned to what it was previously. If I pressed it in the controler menu nothing happened, other buttons were going right to the assignment though. I tried other planes, including one that I hadnt got a profile for. I couldn't assign it, it wasnt detected.

I checked in windows thinking the button had broken and when depressed in the Control panel, it lit up as normal. Im now confused and dont know what to try.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I hope your paddle switch is ok, but the paddle switch my joystick died. I was pretty rough on it trying to learn to fly the Blackshark (trim). Anyway, you can check in the controller setup in windows to verify if your switch works or not (sounds like yours might be broke in the open/off position). I found this thread useful: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137291

I posted in that thread on how to open up the pushbutton housing, but never got a reply. I ended up dremeling it apart and replacing the internal surface mounted switch and gluing it back together. My switch is once again working fine.

Good luck!

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope your paddle switch is ok, but the paddle switch my joystick died. I was pretty rough on it trying to learn to fly the Blackshark (trim). Anyway, you can check in the controller setup in windows to verify if your switch works or not (sounds like yours might be broke in the open/off position). I found this thread useful: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137291

I posted in that thread on how to open up the pushbutton housing, but never got a reply. I ended up dremeling it apart and replacing the internal surface mounted switch and gluing it back together. My switch is once again working fine.

Good luck!

Dremel'd it apart? o_O ..all you had to do is squeeze the 2 locking tabs with needlenose pliers far enough to get the parts to separate. Shame they use such crappy switches in those though, much nicer switches that sit taller could fit in that housing by shortening the actuation plunger.

Dremel'd it apart? o_O ..all you had to do is squeeze the 2 locking tabs with needlenose pliers far enough to get the parts to separate. Shame they use such crappy switches in those though, much nicer switches that sit taller could fit in that housing by shortening the actuation plunger.

Yeah, I took drastic measures, but not after trying to squeeze those tabs. Not sure what I was doing incorrectly.

@Pikey,

Well, if it works in windows then it isn't the switch and I see that as good news. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for getting it to behave in DCS, sorry.

Again, good luck!

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I have had this happen to me with my TMS on the warthog, dont know the reason, I will ask around to see if I can find any info

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

OK I self resolved. And it wasn't what I expected. It was a DCS repair that fixed it, nothing in my config so didnt need to rebind. The only file that touches keys that is slightly questionable is one of the default.lua for the viggen, i had a mod from FunkyFranky to make 3 way triggers switches, but blaming that would be like ducking a witch, I can't see how the coruption coudl occur and its jujmping to conclusions. It's also back on and the issue is still not there. I'm lost as to why it was resolved.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *