VEAO Shorts Tucano

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, 24 weeks of EFT in the Tutor before another 40 weeks BFJT with the Tucano, and that's before you even get near the Hawk and another 36 weeks of AFJT. And then, and only then, if you're really lucky do they let you anywhere near a Typhoon/Tornado.

If anyone is curious to see the real world (UK) pilot training process, take a look at the powerpoint linked at the bottom of this page: http://www.raf.mod.uk/no22traininggroup/organisation/flying_training.cfm

Sounds like a idea for at least 3 campaigns to me, nevermind one. ;)

Hell yes bring 'em on!

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

How different is the Tucano to the Texan II?

Basically Short Tucano did 15 years ago what the Texan II do now.

They are almost the same in terms of performance, but the Short Tucano can't carry weapons while the Texan II does.

*Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

They are almost the same in terms of performance, but the Short Tucano can't carry weapons while the Texan II does.

Not far off, the Tucano can carry weapons but it doesnt in RAF service

Pman

Not far off, the Tucano can carry weapons but it doesnt in RAF service

Pman

Yeah !

I said about the Short Tucano only. EMB-312 (the Brazilian version) can carry gunpods, rockets, bombs and fuel tanks.

My father flew it for almost 10 years. I still remember when I used to go to the air base (around '96) and see him returning from a mission. Good times !

at_27.jpg

Awesome thanks. Always loved the looks of the PC-9 and this is close enough! Excited to have this in, will be day 1 buy for me.

Edited by Scoggs
wrote PC-12 meant PC-9

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Just read the posts about the Grob Tutor. (Thanks Pman for posting the early WIP pictures.) A Grob, that would be great! And not only because of the possibility of a "DCS: Career Mode". My flight school uses the Grob 115 for their GA training (PPL), and a DCS quality Grob would be fantastic. (Even though there are differences between the Tutor and the 115, for instance in the cockpit lay-out.) It would be the first high quality Grob in a flightsim. Will be looking forward to this plane.

Kind regards,

Ikarushin

Edited by Ikarushin
A real training "campaign" for lack of a better term would be awesome... Starting as a complete newbie and following the same path real fighter pilots do and progressing from one trainer to ever more advanced trainers culminating in a fighter plane would be a real winner..

This, to me, would be a dream. I enjoy DCS a lot - and it is already great. But to make it into a bit more of a game or at least a simulation with goals - now THAT would be awesome.

Very happy to hear about the Tucano...

BeachAV8R

This, to me, would be a dream. I enjoy DCS a lot - and it is already great. But to make it into a bit more of a game or at least a simulation with goals - now THAT would be awesome.

100% agreed!

Love the idea of the Tucano, too. It's exciting times in and around DCS World at the moment. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Oh I think we can knock this one out pretty quickly given the reason we're developing it ;) It certainly won't be 2 years!!

So..does that mean you guys landed a military contract and we'll get an offshoot project for retail sort of like how the A-10C happened?

:music_whistling:

BeachAV8R

So..does that mean you guys landed a military contract and we'll get an offshoot project for retail sort of like how the A-10C happened?

:music_whistling:

BeachAV8R

You dont seriously expect us to be able to confirm that do you :P

As for the Super Tuc, who knows what will follow

Pman

As for the Super Tuc, who knows what will follow

Pman

Please don't tease me. A DCS Super Tucano will require modern avionics and a full array of weapons. Will be a wish come true.

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!