red flag in TAG 'no el'

skypickle

I was following Grim Reapers tut on waypoints

A-10C Warthog: Creating & Navigating Waypoints

and although I could create mark points, make waypoints etc.

A red label appearred in the TAD with the letters 'no el'

I think it means I did something wrong but dont know what. I switched off the CDU and EGI and turned them back on again but have the same issue as soon as I try to convert a mark point to a way point with TMS short right. Yes I waited until the CDU was fully booted up ( 4008)

ANd I cannot set the EGI button

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

I’m assuming thats an abbreviation for “no elevation”. Did you do “load all” on the mfcd during startup? If you are missing the elevation database that could cause trouble.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I did load all. I discovered the problem

I started setting waypoints in the TAD without doing two things:

1) clicking the NAV button in the CDU

2) clicking the EGI button on the front panel

To reset it, I have to turn off the CDU and then turn it on again.

Then re-align the CDU, and then make sure to hit Nav and EGI

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

Great. The NAV button on the cdu is just a menu page selection, so fee free to use other modes on the cdu (offset, flight plan, etc). That was unlikely the key.

Now the EGI on the other hand is very important. The default source of position info is the legacy HARS (Heading, attitude reference system... notice no “altitude”). EGI is a blend of GPS and INS, and both can provide accurate elevation.

The option to not use EGI is an emergency option that TBH I have never used at all.

Standard startup, once the cdu says ins is aligned, select EGI on the NMSP and you won’t need to reset anything.

A good checklist is highly recommended for startups.

Cheers, enjoy the A-10!

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png