Non working springloaded switches in OpenBeta 2.5.4.26368 (2019.01.16)

Zeus67

Folks, we made some animation updates to the cockpit switches and unfortunately a bug was included that prevents all spring loaded switches from working.

The problem is with the clickabledata.lua file in Mods/aircraft/M-2000C/Cockpit.

Since this bug was just discovered, it is too late for us to submit a fix before the release of this update.

We made a fixed file available at https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303199/

All you have to do is unzip it and overwrite the one in DCS.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Not sure if I can ask here, but will it still pass multiplayer IC with the fix?

Thanks

I'm not sure of the question. Is there a file check in MP?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Yeah, if you have any mods etc, you cannot join servers that require a pure client. Not sure if this will also trigger an IC fail, prohibiting you from joining pure servers.

I will only be home later tonight, I suspect someone will be able to test soon.

Kind regards

Hi Razbam and other.

There was a bug with the switches

You were late for the update and so post a fix to download

After the fix there are still some problem (switches mooving too slowy, secure switch can be turn on/off, radar grid not working, etc...)

Just saying : wha't wrong ? A fix is suppose to fix.

Please solve these problem before the mid-life overhal.

Cheers !

That major issues took me 5 minutes to notice and 30 minutes to proof that not my computer is the problem.

How is it possible that this slips through a quality control? (Serious question, no bashing)

Btw, I don't like the new animations. Feels like my graphics card got slow...

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Note that with this new lua file, switch animations are incredibly slow!

If you prefer them to be a bit more life-like, at the top of the file (line 16), you'll find a value:

anim_speed_default = 5.0

if you change this value to 15 from 5, things will be a bit snappier. :D

Also note that with this update it's now possible to change covered switch positions without first opening the cover :(

What does the time of development have to do with this?

It's a completely new feature, there are some (IMO minor) issues in the beta.

Nobody complained about the switches for the last 3 years, they decided to upgrade them nevertheless. Why don't we cut them some slack here?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

It's a completely new feature, there are some (IMO minor) issues

You don't fly this plane seriously, don't you ? If it was your only bird, perhaps you would find it a bit more problematic. But hey, who am I to express my point of view, right ?

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Not pleased with these animations. It was a waste of coders time in my opinion. Buttons are ridiculously slow, and it "broke" the code? Hmmm,... Game play value... -1 And yes, all I fly is the Mirage because it's the best in the game. But I don't like to have to "mod" the code to make the plane function correctly (switch animations being too slow).

What does the time of development have to do with this?

It's a completely new feature, there are some (IMO minor) issues in the beta.

Nobody complained about the switches for the last 3 years, they decided to upgrade them nevertheless. Why don't we cut them some slack here?

Of course we didn't complain : it was working... They were fine.

They decide to update it (by the way, why ? Maybe some other point were more important than the switches animation but anyway...) And now it is broken, animation is too slow (not a big deal) but some other features are bugged (see the radio chanel button, the ILS button, and the safety ones which are not safety one anymore).

It's anoying to have an update, and to have a fix that create more probleme than it resolve, I'm just saying.

I'm still confident in the mid-life overhaul, and I understand there are not so many people working on the Mirage than on the F18 (but we deserve more consideration, at least because we paid that module years ago)

Please, be a little more rigourous next time those switches bugs were quit easy to test.

Waiting for next update !

So what's been reported so far?

- You need to apply the fix (10sec of work)

- Animations are a bit slow (negligible and can be changed in lua)

- Buttons can be pressed while covers are on (is this really a big problem in normal operation?)

- B-Scope isn't working (ok, I can imagine this is annoying for people used to it, but there is still PPI for the time being, it's not that hard to grasp)

Did I miss anything?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Did I miss anything?

Yes, in my opinion you missed everything if you wanna play down the issues.

It is a shame what Razbam delivered with that patch.

And it is a bigger shame that they wasted ressources for that uneccessary changes and also broke things, when there would be much more important things to do.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

Sorry but yes you miss many things, just go to the bug reported page, some of them are reported for much more time than other jet.

The probleme is, why the switches animation was a priority in a module that isn't finished yet ?

I could have wait much longer to see the proper animation of the Mirage but I would have prefer some consequent changes let say for exemple the radar lock issue, or the fonctionalities that are still missing after years (I know the mid-life overhaul is comming and I glad about it !).

I'm just disapointed to see how "they" left this jet (probably one of the most liked, just as the Harrier = RAZBAM again), in the hand of a small team which do it's best to upgrade it.

Why the Mig19 when we need a Mirage and Harrier finished ?

Zeus has courage to keep doing it and I'm thankful to him and the other on the Mirage, but sometimes things are not prioritized well and end up with a mess about some switches.

About "wasting resources": I think it's pretty obvious that this wasn't programmed solely for the Mirage. Harrier got it too. If I had to guess this was probably made for MiG-19 and integrated into present modules afterwards.

Sure, it's rough around the edges at the moment, but I see nothing gamebreaking here.

Specs:

No gamebreaking right.

But still and it's my last about the subjet because it's not the topic here.

The radar keep loosing lock when using the narrow searching mode. And this is not because the target is beaming, or using counter measure, it's a bug, it has been for a long time and this is gamebraking in multi because no one can hunt in wider search mode : you're telling everyone "hey I'm here cause my radar is not finished". This is really anoying but once again I'm confident that they will solve the proble with the mid-life overhaul, right Zeus ? :thumbup:

It is not possible to taxi the Mirage to the runway, it is not possible to lower the seat after it is raised.

If this is not gamebreaking, what is then gamebreaking for you?

OK, if you can't be bothered to invest 10 seconds of your life to apply the fix (which was communicated here and in the main ED patchnotes hours before the patch came even live) then you probably shouldn't use the Open beta.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

It is not possible to taxi the Mirage to the runway, it is not possible to lower the seat after it is raised.

If this is not gamebreaking, what is then gamebreaking for you?

Just apply the fix (and change the speed animation if you want) and you'll be able to taxi.

Please don't pollute the topic with stuff like I cannot taxi because I didn't apply the patch.

Cheers

Just apply the fix (and change the speed animation if you want) and you'll be able to taxi.

Please don't pollute the topic with stuff like I cannot taxi because I didn't apply the patch.

Cheers

Did that. But in the state of the patch without taking any action it is unuseable.

And it changes nothing on the fact that something like that should not happen.

(They should quality test their changes for at least 5 minutes before release, and not makeing me, a paying customer, needed to take action. And don't come with stable / beta, no one is useing stable.)

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube