MiG-21bis training missions - narrated or not?

Seb71

I tried a few of the training missions from MiG-21bis. None of the ones I tried is narrated (I also checked those missions in the Mission Editor and they don't have sound files).

DCS OpenBeta 2.5.4.25729

Were those missions narrated at one time?

The webstore page lists them like this:

"Fully interactive, guided and narrated tutorials, helping you quickly and efficiently learn how to operate the MiG-21."

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the cold start had narration.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I thought "narrated" would mean spoken commentary.

The text is there.

Etymologically and originally, it means recounting, giving an account of, which does not apply in this case. Its secondary use relates to spoken commentary, which better applies to a training mission, so it could easily be interpreted that way (even more so in the context given by the store page).

Most training missions of earlier aircraft are limited to text, the more recent modules, aircraft and campaigns, are usually spoken.

In any case, these training missions could benefit from an update, especially the cold & dark which is just a farce (and, besides showing a sloppy procedure, it is also broken at several places).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 1 year later...

dude... It is an interactive cockpit for heavens sake, and certainly not very similar to any other of the aircraft on the normal list. I assume you are not a fan.

Narration is available in Audio in all recent training I have ever seen except this, so you get the point. It is a ton of fun to fly... F3, F3, F3.

Thank god for You Tube ... haven't searched yet.