Remove NUM5 as recenter view - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 04:41 PM   #51
TWC_Alamo

Reputation power: 3
TWC_Alamo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibit View Post
I have just added a numberpad to a bracket on my left arm rest to use whilst flying in the rift. I have all those keys at my fingertips. However I want to assign options in the UI layer like having number 4 as right mouse button or assign a zoom key etc. Anyway round the fact that you can presently only assign joystick buttons ?
It appears DCS doesn't allow assigning the VR or mouse functions to keyboard characters. My workaround is using an ancient Belkin Nostromo N52 keypad on my left like you are attempting. I have programmed keys for VR functions, mouse functions, general functions (i.e. quit, pause, active pause, frame rate display, control input indicator and cockpit camera position). I setup a N52 profile that maps the keys to DirectInputs (DI's), which the DCS recognizes as joystick buttons and will accept for the VR and mouse commands. I doubled the numbers of commands on the keypad from 24 to 48 by using one of the joystick buttons on the stick as a modifier.

I am happy with the way it works.

TWC_Alamo
Denver, CO
I7-5820 OC 4.2Ghz, GA-X99-UD4, 32GB, 2 X SSD, EVGA 970's (SLI), 52" Mitsubishi HDTV, 5 X BenQ 27" Monitors, TM Hotas Warthog, T-Rudder, Cougar MFD's, HTC Vive
"Nimis brevis vita est volare tarde"
TWC_Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote