=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server - Page 51 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-13-2017, 02:35 AM   #501
TripRodriguez

I had an idea to help mostly VR players, probably not a good one but wanted to post it and see what people think. The thing is that with the low resolution display of VR headsets (totally worth it!) it can be far more difficult to id a target. The idea is to make a way to ID airplanes as friendly or enemy but only once you get close enough that you would be able to ID it if you were on a monitor.

What if there was a target marker on planes that is red or blue but only visible within 100 meters or so?

I'm not pushing for this, just want to see what people think!

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYiSBwy0t0
TripRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:50 AM   #502
showtime817th

The more you fly on the server the easier it will be for you to Id the different aircrafts. For me the Spit is the easiest to Id cause of the big black thing on its nose.

I run the Rift as well, do you have a zoom key switch? do you have key switch to turn on and off labels? Sometimes turning off labels and zooming in helps to Id the targets in close range. Sometimes I get the P51 and 109 confuse but I don't shoot until I'm sure even though it may give them the advantage.

Its always best to Id the your target before shooting

See ya in the skies!
Old 01-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #503
razo+r
Veteran

Could the mission maker check if the script on the radio channel #4 in the 109 also works for the 190?

Rig: Maximus VII Ranger, 4790K @ 4.00 Ghz, MSI GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB non-oc RAM, 250 GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 10 64-bit
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #504
DieHard

Just started flying the Spit on your server as you guys need another dummy for target practice....

Since vulching seems to be allowed here by the other side before I even get to taxi.

How about allowing Combined Arms so I can man the ack-ack guns, etc. ?

Last edited by DieHard; 01-13-2017 at 03:45 PM.
DieHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #505
razo+r
Veteran

you mean the germans are waiting for you to take-off and then kill you or before?

i know that feeling, but who said war is fair?

and yep, imo, we should let player take-off, but once they're airborne, they're become a target

Rig: Maximus VII Ranger, 4790K @ 4.00 Ghz, MSI GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB non-oc RAM, 250 GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 10 64-bit
Old 01-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #506
eekz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
Could the mission maker check if the script on the radio channel #4 in the 109 also works for the 190?
Should work for all. I'll recheck and if something wrong the fix will be in next mission update, which will be soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
How about allowing Combined Arms so I can man the ack-ack guns, etc. ?
Will do some day. However, I need to make sure that only certain units are controllable, and we might need to make some adjustments in stats system, so ground commander will not be counted as aircraft pilot.
Damage Model
eekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #507
razo+r
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidtfire View Post
First of all, thanks for a great server!

My question is if you (admins) would consider turning off the "pure client" check?
I (and probably many others) enjoy the great WWII sound-mods out there.
Turning off IC is a very bad idea, otherwise people could for example set the muzzlevelocity from the mk 108 from 500 to 5000 m/s with a weight of 0gramms and explosive of 1000 (whatever unit) or they could mod the loadout with nukes or whatever

it's a bad idea if you want to have a normal gameplay

Old 01-13-2017, 05:08 PM   #508
TripRodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime817th View Post
The more you fly on the server the easier it will be for you to Id the different aircrafts. For me the Spit is the easiest to Id cause of the big black thing on its nose.

I run the Rift as well, do you have a zoom key switch? do you have key switch to turn on and off labels? Sometimes turning off labels and zooming in helps to Id the targets in close range. Sometimes I get the P51 and 109 confuse but I don't shoot until I'm sure even though it may give them the advantage.

Its always best to Id the your target before shooting

See ya in the skies!
Thanks for the tips! I did feel the marker sometimes made it harder to ID targets and I had forgotten that there is apparently a zoom feature that works in Rift (but not in Vive I'm told) that I need to find and bind.

I'll be sure to bind both of those up before my next flight.

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYiSBwy0t0
TripRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:42 PM   #509
DieHard

(re: Message #506)

Just consider it; it is your server, do what you think is best.

And thanks for putting your WWII server up.

+1

Thanks
Old 01-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #510
razo+r
Veteran

for the interest of all WWII planes, could you lower the outside temp to idk, like 10 degrees? or just not the default 20 degrees. And maybe for a challenge, 30 degrees