What state is the A-10C in now?

EasyEB

So the last nine months I’ve stayed away from DCS while the worst bugs get adressed. I’m wondering what state DCS is in now, and particularily the A-10C? Has it gotten better? Is it worth getting back in?

What are the worst bugs going on right now?

Jet’s systems are fine.

Lighting is “questionable” with somewhat underperforming illumination on gauges and somewhat overdriven illumination in MFCDs but this is pretty much a DCS-wide issue right now with every module suffering lighting quirks.

Just my $0.02

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Jet’s systems are fine.

Lighting is “questionable” with somewhat underperforming illumination on gauges and somewhat overdriven illumination in MFCDs but this is pretty much a DCS-wide issue right now with every module suffering lighting quirks.

Just my $0.02

Agree with the above, a few lighting glitches but for me it seems in pretty good shape. The alteration to bullet dispersal on the Warthog has also made the GAU-8 more satisfying to use!

The hud is a debatable bug for non-vr users. I find it very usable but yes its harder to see the edges/corners than it used to be.

Position lights can’t go solid any more.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Agree with others, the lighting is pretty much the only thing thats poor at the moment. The tgp is just a white screen sometimes and unusable alot of the time, even with the bezel adjustments. HUD is ok for me in VR, but its dim and that goes back to the lighting issues.

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

I got on board DCS when the Hog and Blackshark were the first modules. I haven't flown the Hog for a couple of years, so needed to re type on it and spend some time relearning the DMS,CMS,TMS, etc...

I am fairly current on Hornet, Harrier, M2k and Blackshark. The pleasure I got from returning to the Hog was terrific!

I think the flight model is about the same as I recall. The interior of the cockpit is superbly highly detailed, crisp sharp details.

I agree that the DDI's can be a little quirky, especially in dusk/dawn lighting, but they have very good contrast/brightness controls, so you can adjust them to suit your display. These exceed the Harriers display adjustability, although the Harrier is still in development.

I have a home made mission in Caucuses that I fly to test my skills and the various aircraft and weapons. The Hog scores the highest in satisfaction! The sheer choice of weapons and aircraft's ruggedness are awesome. When using an AFAC drone to laze targets, putting on the NVG's and seeing the Lazer mark on the target is amazing. LST works very well, again much better than the Litening pod on the Harrier.

So I think the A10c is looking really good in DCS 2.5.6 release. I have no lock ups crashes or issues with the Hog. Once I relearnt the switchology, the ship's an awesome killing machine! Slow, yes, but enjoy the views!

Cheers.

Edited by Accipiter
Clarity

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky