Graphics settings with 2080 Super / 8700K

Is there's a DCS 2.5.6. guide on graphics settings, I'm trying to play on 1080p at 60FPS>. Outside of understanding AA and SSLR being the major frame killers, I don't know much more. My 8700k is overclocked to 4.9Ghz paired with a RTX 2080 Super.

Heatblur F-14 Tomcat | DCS F/A-18C Hornet | DCS A-10C II Warthog | BelSimTek UH-1H

RTX 2080 Super, i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz, 16gb 2400Mhz DDR4, Asus Z370F, Corsair H115i Pro

hi. there is a whole debate / discussion on this. i do not think there really is anything definitive. i personally think the best way (and what i did) is to go into the graphics settings in game. pick the desired button LOW, MED, or HIGH. then go into a mission to check how it feels. if you like it then keep it. if you do not like it then you will need to modify the settings. i recommend doing one setting at a time. take good notes. think of it in terms of 'scientific method'. then do not forget the nvidia settings. i recommend trying all of those as 'application controlled' at first.

there are literally dozens of videos and posts out there about this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/f503p1/optimization_2020/

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/8uem6j/dont_be_a_dummy_like_me_double_your_dcs_framerate/

i have been gaming since the mid 90s and have gone through making games frames better with pretty much all of them. just have patience and you will get your niche.

here are my settings.

2020-07-07_11-36-11.jpg

2020-07-07_11-36-35.jpg

2020-07-07_11-36-52.jpg

2020-07-07_11-38-16.jpg

Edited by silverdevil
added images

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I am lost now...

Hi

I am not sure I understand your struggle.

60 FPS in full HD with this CPU and this graphics?

I run i7-6700K clocked at 4.6Ghz, paired with GTX 1080Ti (ROG Strix).

In DCS Channel + Hornet + Supercarrier, I get 78FPS average in 2560 x 1440 resolution. That's for a 2-hour long mission at medium to low altitudes.

I get 39 FPS 600 feet above Dover and 50 FPS on a busy deck.

Are you saying you can't get 60 FPS with your hardware? Is it VR then?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Hi

I am not sure I understand your struggle.

60 FPS in full HD with this CPU and this graphics?

I run i7-6700K clocked at 4.6Ghz, paired with GTX 1080Ti (ROG Strix).

In DCS Channel + Hornet + Supercarrier, I get 78FPS average in 2560 x 1440 resolution. That's for a 2-hour long mission at medium to low altitudes.

I get 39 FPS 600 feet above Dover and 50 FPS on a busy deck.

Are you saying you can't get 60 FPS with your hardware? Is it VR then?

that sounds great! anyway to share your settings like i have done? i am always looking for more info. the OP may be grateful too.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Here you go

My NVIDIA settings are clean install defaults.

DCS settings like this:

y4m0AH8kEtsRtDxnGhtdNDczlK5KYoakEEJ5UcoW3bHMVYOaVKLuD8GHWkQ84fsNI5zU8n0GgbzN3UCnAK20JoH6USugs401xAj4GGx9wFcwNAH_jP1079Z6D25mCciuY-lWUJNryYq4vEq0TI0DPQecp28zEDotbTDYk0U5_1KUHxByDfdfCcxAseBxqGdDADgDGz7I-T52mlGv4gSQeT38w?width=1284&height=778&cropmode=none

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I suspect not a VR user from the 4x MSAA :)

I have the same CPU-GPU setup. in case you are interested, there are only a few differences in my settings.

Textures and terrain textures: In VR set these lower to save on texture memory. I have the cheapest RTX2080S and it has less texture memory and that will cap out first. This smoothens things. For terrain, I can't tell any difference.

Visib range is the fastest way to get more frames, for VR, I have to: medium is as far as I can handle in most cases.

MSAA off in VR

Preload is down at 60K. It speeds up getting into a server.

Terrain shadows flat. I can live with the sometimes funny shadows.

I have seen 90FPS on small missions with a Reverb, but mostly in the 45-60 FPS range which is great for VR. VR is always the first casualty of big missions though.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 months later...
Is there's a DCS 2.5.6. guide on graphics settings, I'm trying to play on 1080p at 60FPS>. Outside of understanding AA and SSLR being the major frame killers, I don't know much more. My 8700k is overclocked to 4.9Ghz paired with a RTX 2080 Super.

Hi syncs,

any success on getting higher fps? Been like u looking around to get the most out of the RTX 2080 super but so far I am flatlining at 50fps with the setting suggested above...:( Real frustrating

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

There is something fundamentally wrong here . I was running 1080p with an i5-6500 and and a GTX 1060 3gb at a locked 60fps low over cities with good graphics .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hi syncs,

any success on getting higher fps? Been like u looking around to get the most out of the RTX 2080 super but so far I am flatlining at 50fps with the setting suggested above...:( Real frustrating

I had a similar problem with fps stuck at 48 no matter the settings, pretty much. Another discussion had this recommendation from Flappi.

User file saved games regenerate DCS it by renaming existing with _backup. RE run game and see what happens.

I did it and after re adjusting some settings had a very respectable 70fps average on a GTX1080 ti.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,