F-15C wings never breaking off?

D4n

So far I never managed to break a wing, although

... And he flew F-15Cs (as can be seen at 2:00 in the video). So, the DCS F-15C damagemodel needs adjusting, or?
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

... and yet we have a real F-15 that was in this situation and didn't rip anything off. In fact, it is famous. There are other eagles that severely over-g in those situations and they didn't rip anything off.

There is another one that did, but the circumstances are much less known publicly.

The lack of g-based DM is known and ED said they're working on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

In fact, it is famous.

Googled, didn't find any article about and F-15 that pulled lots of Gs and didnt suffer damage. Post a link please.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

F-15 designers overengineered the wing so it will never brake, why it is as well super lightweight and super hollow to fill lots of fuel and carry lots of weapons....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yet here we have a test pilot and squadron commander with the knowledge, background and experience telling us they will break if you pull full back stick at 500mph.

Enter DCS, full back stick at over 600 will full payload and 3 bags equals 13-14G.

In comparison a Flanker is limited to 7G at those weights and at that speed if you override the stick deflection and pull 10G you will end up as a fireball.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

so it will never brake

Then why did Lt Col Gordon claim the opposite (he flew F-15)?

Well, what you've done here is ask a question without looking into the whole thing first, so here's what's going on:

There are a bunch of records of F-15s pulling 12g (the more g, the fewer instances of it) and 11 g and 10g over-gs. The highest was about 12.5g recorded by the aircraft itself which was full stick aft at nearly mach 1 (so corrolary: you shouldn't be able to pull 13-14g in game, but the game can let you do weird things at times, especially with asymmetric loading). You'll find this one in youtube claiming 40g ... that part is incorrect but the hud video is the real deal.

There has been at least one 12g over-g in combat.

There is exactly one case of an eagle disintegrating from over-g in real life, which involved a really heavily loaded aircraft as far as we know, but there is very little information about this.

The answers you see above are mostly sarcasm and complaints. As I've pointed out, ED is aware and they have said they are working on it. As you are also aware, they take their time.

Why Lt Gordon said what he said, don't know, don't care in light of the abundant information available and recorded by the USAF on the subject.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

"FFP"? u mean FPP ?

• 2 weeks later...

Show an accident report that shows an Eagle broke its wings off from mere G-loading...You won't find one...It never happened. Just because the pilots say it will happen doesn't mean it did...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

F-15 designers overengineered the wing so it will never brake, why it is as well super lightweight and super hollow to fill lots of fuel and carry lots of weapons....

FWIW, the F-15 wasn't designed to carry that heavy of a weapons' load. Four Sidewinders, four Sparrows and two or three fuel tanks that would be dropped before combat anyway.

Now, the F-15E Strike Eagle certainly carries a crazy amount of weapons, but that came almost a decade after the original Eagle came into service, probably 20 years after it was originally designed, and mostly because they overengineered the hell out of the original design.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

Show an accident report that shows an Eagle broke its wings off from mere G-loading...You won't find one...It never happened. Just because the pilots say it will happen doesn't mean it did...

It did happen. There are no public details available for that incident though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FWIW, the F-15 wasn't designed to carry that heavy of a weapons' load. Four Sidewinders, four Sparrows and two or three fuel tanks that would be dropped before combat anyway.

The F-15 was also designed to carry a heavy bomb load, yes even the A model.

And it has additional wing stations on the outboard that were extremely rarely used.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

And you have acquired knowledge and over-g as reason for structural failure in that incident how exactly?

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

There have been wing tips that broke off, but they were attributed to lack of corrosion control... Besides, we're talking about a completely healthy F-15C, not one that has hidden cracks in the wing...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Nope, this was a disintegration. High speed pull up over a runway. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding that report.

Not the high speed dive disintegration, not the 3g bad longeron one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]