Regarding the latest News release...

Wolf Rider

Dear DCS/ ED...

Dunno who it is "getting in the ear" regarding the latest sale/ bundle" deal (22/ 1/ 16) - but you're going down the wrong road there

just an honest comment from an interested party who works in the entertainment/ advertising industry, whom also understands the "hype" - its the wrong road... almost makes it out to be Begging.

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

just an honest comment from an interested party who works in the entertainment/ advertising industry, whom also understands the "hype" - its the wrong road... almost makes it out to be Begging.

You must not have been around when there were 70% off sales almost every month. Now *that* was more like begging.

• ED Team
Dear DCS/ ED...

Dunno who it is "getting in the ear" regarding the latest sale/ bundle" deal (22/ 1/ 16) - but you're going down the wrong road there

Looks like a cool bundle too me...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Dear DCS/ ED...

I see nothing wrong with this approach (I work in digital marketing in the United States.) I just recently got into DCS and these sales offer me (and others) a good value as I try to expand my amount of flyable content. I would imagine that 1.5 and 2.0 will bring any many more new people and sales of this nature will keep content revenue incoming. There is nothing desperate about it.

ED is absolutely right in offering these kind of deals.

It gives everybody flexibility to own modules, according to their own interest & choice.

Though on a personal level, I would prefer standalone deals for individual modules & addons.

:noexpression:

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

You must not have been around when there were 70% off sales almost every month. Now *that* was more like begging.

Thats a negative ghostrider. That wasn't begging, that was a chance to allow users to purchase modules. You have to remember the campaign DLCs are a fairly new thing. Most of us already have the base modules so to us a DLC campaign bundled with the module we already own is kind of a waste of effort.

But I can see how it helps others.

In my personal opinion I nay the su-27 & campaign bundle due to the fact that fc3 is already a bundle it itself and contains the 27 plus more aircraft. :doh:

The hog + campaign I give a Yay to for those who have yet to purchase the thing, although there's some of us who have had the hog for a long time as well so that bundle doesn't do much to entice us. Same goes for the Ka50 + campaign. :doh:

Now if they would do a DLC bundle...that would entice those of us who have been loyal to purchasing the modules when it was just that. And I'm sure they'd obtain a good number of sales from opening up the market with that option to us that have bought the modules way before they even came up with campaigns. This idea I would support:thumbup:

• ED Team

Well they have these bundle sales often enough, sooner or later you will find one you like, chances are each of these will have a group of people that wont be interested in them, either because they already own them, or they arent interested in the content... just the way its gonna work.

All you can do is wait for a sale that appeals to you, either a bundle deal or a standard sale.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Thats a negative ghostrider. That wasn't begging, that was a chance to allow users to purchase modules. You have to remember the campaign DLCs are a fairly new thing. Most of us already have the base modules so to us a DLC campaign bundled with the module we already own is kind of a waste of effort.

But I can see how it helps others.

Now if they would do a DLC bundle...that would entice those of us who have been loyal to purchasing the modules when it was just that. And I'm sure they'd obtain a good number of sales from opening up the market with that option to us that have bought the modules way before they even came up with campaigns. This idea I would support:thumbup:

I think both ideas are great avenues for revenue. Just because they're not offering the one that you'd personally be interested in at this moment doesn't mean it's a bad idea. :P

:pilotfly:

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Nice deals

We have lots of "Experts" in the community.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

If I was interested this pack would be perfect for me. I thought about getting it, but I'd rather spend my money on WW2 stuff so I decided not to. However it seems like a great deal!

[DoW]King

Owned Aircraft: P-51D, F-86F, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-15bis, MiG 21bis, Ka-50, Mirage 2000, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AV8B N/A

HOTAS: Saitek AV8R-01, Saitek X-55 Throttle

IIRC they had a campaign sale recently, and will likely have one again, I think the module + bundle sale is a good one for those who may be wanting to get started, and it never hurts to expand the player base! It will come around for us veteran players.

As someone on a fixed income, I keep a close eye on the sales, and appreciate ED giving us a break now and then.

I was just chatting with someone who decided to buy the A-10C/KA50 bundle because it was a good deal. If I didn't already have them, I'd be buying this bundle too. 2 modules and 2 campaigns for the price of a single module is a great deal and means that ED can still pull in sales for modules that have already been out for years. Good strat IMO.

I would NOT buy any planes from DCS/3 developers at all...

Let me explain why...

First I bought the Saber, ohhh my...... what a disapointment that was ! I cant belive I had to load it up with weapons my self !!!

But it was nowhere as bad as the F-15, wich came without fuel !

Last I bought the Mirage, well I bloddy cant fly it, cause I cant a word of frence, and all knops are in French.... So I gues it will be parked with all the old rusty Russian planes....

No do as I, look at AI driven planes, its free, relaxing and you cant chrash....

Btw. it saves you a ton of money, in screens, maskes, helmets, joysticks ect...

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

I would NOT buy any planes from DCS/3 developers at all...

Let me explain why...

First I bought the Saber, ohhh my...... what a disapointment that was ! I cant belive I

had to load it up with weapons my self !!!

But it was nowhere as bad as the F-15, wich came without fuel !

Last I bought the Mirage, well I bloddy cant fly it, cause I cant a word of frence, and all knops are in French.... So I gues it will be parked with all the old rusty Russian planes....

No do as I, look at AI driven planes, its free, relaxing and you cant chrash....

Btw. it saves you a ton of money, in screens, maskes, helmets, joysticks ect...

Looks to me a matter of researching what you were purchasing was more the issue. But do as you will.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Thanks for that input Fab, anyone not wanting to get DCS World will find it very useful.

The rest - well we know how to downlaod and install the English cockpit in the M-2000C, we like the Sabre a lot, and can refuel the F-15C both on the ground, and air to air.

You have an interesting point of view, but somehow I think you're wasting your pixels.

Another self-appointed expert heard from.

Nice deals

We have lots of "Experts" in the community.

yeah... and also some quite nasty people!

here's something

to really make people beat ya door down for, unless of course its all too hard (watch it all the way through the full 15 minutes though) and then, get back to me :)

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"