TDC Slew bugged

Rhinozherous

Hello!

As I like the Aircraft itself, I thought it might be time to trie again razbams harrier and see what might got fixed and so on...

in the first few minutes of my tests I realized that the TDC of the TPOD is mostly not reacting to inputs via the slew axis. Checked the Community Bug Tracker and voila... the problem is known and not solved since 542 days ^^

Thats an evidence of incapacity razbam. I will now stow the Harrier as I lost all hopes that it gets any better ever.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I have a warthog with the nipple joystick replaced and works fine, not perfect but is working and you can use it.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

I have a warthog with the nipple joystick replaced and works fine, not perfect but is working and you can use it.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

I also use the one from Delta Sim Electronics...

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Checked the Community Bug Tracker and voila... the problem is known and not solved since 542 days ^^

It is sad that otherwise so awesome module is just broken for the basic combat use as optical targeting systems don't work. And the CCIP is not fun as it (was?) is broken by magically knowing the target altitude relative to you.

TPOD switch to ARBS, the ARBS and TPOD designated point jumps to different location on ground by couple kilometers after overfly or just middle of attack. The sleeving is broken that at some moments you get it moving but then it can start designate itself on skies etc. Sometimes undesignate doesn't work etc.

Nice to fly, unusable for A-G combat.

Waiting to see it finalized in 2020.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Hello!

As I like the Aircraft itself, I thought it might be time to trie again razbams harrier and see what might got fixed and so on...

in the first few minutes of my tests I realized that the TDC of the TPOD is mostly not reacting to inputs via the slew axis. Checked the Community Bug Tracker and voila... the problem is known and not solved since 542 days ^^

Thats an evidence of incapacity razbam. I will now stow the Harrier as I lost all hopes that it gets any better ever.

Did you click the TDC option on the TPOD to enable SLEWING? Seems to work fine for me (STABLE RELEASE, haven't tried BETA).

Also seems like the TPOD does end up where the DMT is pointing.

Edited by Recluse

I’m on open beta and works fine, I’m using the delta sim replacements part.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

It's not working for me (on twcs throttle analogue stick). But maybe this week already? Who knows?

Zeus said on Discord that there was a second problem with analog TDC slew. An incorrectly assigned dead zone. It should be fixed with the next update.

Works fine for me. Also the community bug tracker is absolute rubbish. The community doesn't update it and a lot of the "bugs" are spurious. It's essentially a passive aggressive dig at Razbam.

You cleary deserve a broken & unfinished AV8B-Module.

Edited by Cornelius

Nah I just think that people put far too much emphasis on the community bug tracker.

For a start it's unofficial and doesn't represent what Razbam is tracking or even aware of.

Secondly it's not updated, there's bugs in there that were squashed ages ago.

Thirdly theres bugs in there that never existed or are something that's just WIP.

Finally it seems to be used to passive aggressively shame the Razbam team. That's not healthy. If you've got a bug, report it to the bug section of the forums. To highlight this point, why is this thread in the general discussion section of the Harrier module and not in the bug section?

Did you click the TDC option on the TPOD to enable SLEWING? Seems to work fine for me (STABLE RELEASE, haven't tried BETA).

Also seems like the TPOD does end up where the DMT is pointing.

Yes.

I can move it, up and down is no problem, but it gets randomly stuck when moving left or right.

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Works fine for me. Also the community bug tracker is absolute rubbish. The community doesn't update it and a lot of the "bugs" are spurious. It's essentially a passive aggressive dig at Razbam.

Alone the fact that it exists says a lot about razbam.

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Does it? Or does it say a lot about the toxicity within the DCS community? I mean yeah, Razbam does have issues. But lets not be children about it. I've got a long list of bugs for various Microsoft products but I don't sit with a spreadsheet expecting them to check in on it once in a while.

Also if you're that concerned about bugs, why is this not in the bug section?

You're playing whiteknight for the wrong princess. We've come a long way from here. The bug has been in the Bugs section since beginning of 2017 and first reported even earlier. And later something like this happened :

Really simple question to a puzzling behavior: why are non resolved bugs being moved to the resolved bugs section? I mean, is it a mistake or do you just try to pretend they are resolved?

Hi all.

These were moved by a former tester in error.

When I return after my holiday I'm going to go through the tracker to check for mistakes

Thanks for sharing

And guess what happend next... (Some believe the vacation is still going on.)

Does it? Or does it say a lot about the toxicity within the DCS community? I mean yeah, Razbam does have issues. But lets not be children about it. I've got a long list of bugs for various Microsoft products but I don't sit with a spreadsheet expecting them to check in on it once in a while.

Yes, it says a lot.

Other devs also have early access products which not always work well... BUT the difference is that they are working and llisten and report and talk with the customers. Thats the reason why there are no community bugtrackers in the forums of other devs.

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

It's not working for me (on twcs throttle analogue stick). But maybe this week already? Who knows?

Nope, the movement still stops randomly. It may be even worse in today's version.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The funny thing is this community Bugtracker seems to suffer from "bugs", as well, as nobody seems to check the bugs thoroughly, before adding them and if they are on the list they seem not to be tested again?

I had a look at the infamous list of "hundreds" of unsolved bugs on friday.

I scrolled down. Read the second last entry (marked as glitch, not solved etc.) Topic "Zero Countermeasures". I finally clicked on the link to the forum post and... well read for yourself, first answer posted after a couple more info was basically "Did you switch it on?"...and that solved(!) the so called bug.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276499

Next I scrolled be through some stuff I am pretty sure is fixed since weeks, or months and other things that seems to be more wishlist items ("I want keybinds for x").

Don't get me wrong, I am sure there are still bugs that needs to be fixed, some more pressing than others, but this "Bugtracker" seems to suffer from not being updated, maintained and even properly verifying the "bugs", as well, and no I am neither willing, nor do I have the time to go through all this listed stuff and check it. Maybe the guy maintaining it can spend a week or two testing the bugs if he isn't too busy adding new ones.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The funny thing is this community Bugtracker seems to suffer from "bugs", as well, as nobody seems to check the bugs thoroughly, before adding them and if they are on the list they seem not to be tested again?

Maybe the guy maintaining it can spend a week or two testing the bugs if he isn't too busy adding new ones.

Yeah.... Public bug trackers, especially when it is a second tracking method are highly unreliable.

All the reports should be in a one place, and one place only. So that when you are working it, you get it kept updated.

And if there is a public one that has no relation to actual development and proper process, it becomes useless.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yeah.... Public bug trackers, especially when it is a second tracking method are highly unreliable.

All the reports should be in a one place, and one place only. So that when you are working it, you get it kept updated.

And if there is a public one that has no relation to actual development and proper process, it becomes useless.

Yep. I would appreciate though, that Razbam publishes Changelogs and infos about progress here, instead of Discord and Facebook. It may help reduce the negativity here to regularly show the progress and fixes, instead of forum members relaying information from external sources.

It is Razbams decision, where to publish there info, though.

I just think it would help to find a consistent thread for the updates and Changelogs in the Razbam forum section.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I too had this problem for the longest time. I solved the issue by adding a considerable deadzone and only using about 40% saturation. This fixed my issues. Hope this might help you out.

Owned Modules: F-18, F-16, F-14, AV-8B, A-10c, Huey, Hip, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 15, Mig 19, Mig 21, FC3, P-51, BF-109, C-101, L-39, F-5, YAK-52

PC Specs- 8700k at 5.1GHz on Asrock z370 Fata1ity k6, EVGA 1080ti SSC2, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1TB NVMe m.2 Drive for DCS with a 500gb NVMe M.2 boot drive, Oculus Rift S

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196933

Stops randomly. Suddenly works and 1 sec no,.... that is not a good work, now is broked. TDC axis maybe be usefull one day.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

The funny thing is this community Bugtracker seems to suffer from "bugs", ....

I am going to use the translator so that I am well understood. There is an effort by the community for the creator's own refusal to solve his errors in his product. Product that has cost many of us the money and is in an undesirable state despite being one of the favorite aircraft of many people. People deserve respect and more when we are talking about selling products. Let's not hide behind the curtain of it's a beta or it's an alpha version. The harrier cannot be in open beta forever. Developers may not be passing on your product year after year. There are problems that go back 3 years. Let's not be devil's advocates, when the only thing a non-profit person has done is collect this information so that it is not lost. They should be grateful to the community for this altruistic work. See if Razbam develops the AVBA +2 "killer" altruistically.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

I am going to use the translator so that I am well understood. There is an effort by the community for the creator's own refusal to solve his errors in his product. Product that has cost many of us the money and is in an undesirable state despite being one of the favorite aircraft of many people. People deserve respect and more when we are talking about selling products. Let's not hide behind the curtain of it's a beta or it's an alpha version. The harrier cannot be in open beta forever. Developers may not be passing on your product year after year. There are problems that go back 3 years. Let's not be devil's advocates, when the only thing a non-profit person has done is collect this information so that it is not lost. They should be grateful to the community for this altruistic work. See if Razbam develops the AVBA +2 "killer" altruistically.
I am referring to the fact that there are a lot of people referencing the (community) "bugtracker" as "proof of what is currently(!) bugged in the AV-8B, all the time. It seems nobody referencing it, actually can be bothered to verify the status. The original collection is not maintained and shows lots of things that are not bugs, others that are long solved and basically it is useless as it does not help Razbam. I am sure they keep track of the bugs and issues that still needs solving, as well as a list of things they have / are going to improve(d), like sound design lighting and textures.

The list of "all supposed bugs that have ever been posted on the forum" only serves as a go-to-reference for unhappy customers to support their claims of "hundreds of unfixed bugs".

The credibility of a bug list that adds a forum post along "This does not work" that as the first answer gets "Did you switch it on?" and that was the whole bug, is at least debatable... I mean nobody bothered to check the manual, NATOPS, anything to verify that it's a bug and not just yet another "misunderstanding" of how the AV-8B should work?

Shagrat