[REPORTED]MIG 29S has huge bounce on landing

H-var

If Yo-Yo confirms, now I am MiG Master! I made mission with clean plane with 50% fuel a little wind at 3 m/s same direction as runway and start from ground hot so I burn some fuel.

First part of video is me trying to find out why I am not getting beacons to sound in cockpit then later on MiG Mastering starts at 12-15 and 20-30 if you just want to skip to MiG Master parts. First landing I started a little high above inner marker because I was testing marker and decided to land faster and just bleed the speed off in the flare for landing.

Second landing which is my MiG Master landing starts from outer marker at 200m altitude and around 300 km/hr.

Yo-Yo am I MiG Master?

Track is in link here because too big for forums attachments

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JZ-dyZQYUpNK1gFutZoxyXqv4f46PCJH/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Baz000

If Yo-Yo confirms, now I am MiG Master! I made mission with clean plane with 50% fuel a little wind at 3 m/s same direction as runway and start from ground hot so I burn some fuel.

First part of video is me trying to find out why I am not getting beacons to sound in cockpit then later on MiG Mastering starts at 12-15 and 20-30 if you just want to skip to MiG Master parts. First landing I started a little high above inner marker because I was testing marker and decided to land faster and just bleed the speed off in the flare for landing.

Second landing which is my MiG Master landing starts from outer marker at 200m altitude and around 300 km/hr.

Yo-Yo am I MiG Master?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JZ-dyZQYUpNK1gFutZoxyXqv4f46PCJH/view?usp=sharing

YAHOO!!!! :)

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

she needs alot of power to not fall out of the sky in those turns with landing configuration lol

well, in those 45 degree turns anyways... If I shallow my turn she won't need as much but I got places to go and landing gear to set down

Now if I could just figure out BFM in her without killing off all my speed and fuel by being in AB

Edited by Baz000

she needs alot of power to not fall out of the sky in those turns with landing configuration lol

well, in those 45 degree turns anyways... If I shallow my turn she won't need as much but I got places to go and landing gear to set down

Now if I could just figure out BFM in her without killing off all my speed and fuel by being in AB

:) She uses a lot of power in turns, especially when dirty. As far as BFM goes, the trick is not to turn so tight that you can’t hold the sustained turn rate—until the time is right for the kill. But that has nothing to do with this thread.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team

Yo-Yo am I MiG Master?

Yes, I confirm you got the point. Congratulations! If you could manage to hang the plane 1 meter lower - it would be absolutely perfect. But now, as you have the key, it's only a matter of practice to polish the touchdown.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
I need to figure out the timing of the flare for landing also is it power on landing or the throttle must be at idle or it depends on aircraft weight?

I think it depends more on the time the plane allows you to flare properly before a touchdown. For the first time you can retard the throttle only after the touchdown. Later you will feel good touchdown a moment before it and you can move throttle at this moment. I would say it's up to you.

Aircraft weight affects only IAS you are on final and start to flare. The plane has AoA gauge, so you can memorize AoA for 300-310 kph for a normal landing weight. If the plane weight is significantly greater try to start the approach at 310-320 kph and check the AoA. If it's the same as for the normal mass - it's ok, just start flaring at + 10 kph to your normal speed. If not - correct the approach speed and add the correction to your normal flaring speed.

The same is for retracted flaps.

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Are you guys still going on about this? It has been aknowledged and marked as reported.

Yes,

The discussion comes from comments over landing technique from the users posting videos/tracks of landings demonstrating this bug. This is the 2nd thread where a user has come in exclaiming this is a game breaking bug, and the MiG is uncontrollable. They post a track, comments are exchanged, and this formerly game breaking bug turns into a minor physics bug/quirk/error with some criticism and further practice.

It seems the Fulcrum is very intolerant of unsafe technique, and combined with a bouncy nosewheel quickly deteriorates into a disaster. Even the developers have shown that she'll take some realistic abuse, but I doubt even with the suspension repaired these types of threads will cease to appear.

This could probably be pinned as it's so common.

Absolutely. It is a bug or a wrong physics implementation. The aircraft show poor landing safety in this simulator such behavior is not a real life landing features. With that bounce at touchdown they are putting away Mig-29 from the general players.

I remember a player told me he wanted to see me landing the Mig-29 because it was really hard for him. WHY we must see after long time this killer bounce behavior in Landing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Absolutely. It is a bug or a wrong physics implementation. The aircraft show poor landing safety in this simulator such behavior is not a real life landing features. With that bounce at touchdown they are putting away Mig-29 from the general players.

I remember a player told me he wanted to see me landing the Mig-29 because it was really hard for him. WHY we must see after long time this killer bounce behavior in Landing?

I have only one question: Did you ever fly real MiG-29 or probably at least read its flight manual?

It's been demonstrated over and over again, that if you do a proper landing, and dont smash your nose gear onto the runway, there will be no bounce, it is perfectly safe.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4411049&postcount=56

I'm not saying that the nose gear shouldn't be looked at, but the new players, instead of "turning away" should learn to land properly, not just fly into the runway at ridicolous speeds and attitudes...

It's been demonstrated over and over again, that if you do a proper landing, and dont smash your nose gear onto the runway, there will be no bounce, it is perfectly safe.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4411049&postcount=56

I'm not saying that the nose gear shouldn't be looked at, but the new players, instead of "turning away" should learn to land properly, not just fly into the runway at ridicolous speeds and attitudes...

Not that I have any particular difficulty in landing any DCS / 3rd party aircraft (yeah, I'm that good :D), but by mere curiosity:

How do other aircraft (F-14, F-15, F-16, Mirage, MiG-21, Su-27, etc) react when flying into the runway carelessly ?

Does any of them bounce up so hard like the MiG-29 ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Well didn't test them all, but I've checked what the F-16 does for example, if you fly it into the runway at 2000 feet per minute around 170 kts... and nothing happens, which I find rather difficult to believe.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4412626&postcount=121

MiG-21 can bounce if it is really pushed

So overall my impression is that while the 29s nose gear does need to be looked at, other modules might let people get away too easy with extreme hard landings.

Here are 2 tracks where I go full retard with the F-18 and F-16. Did manage to bounce the F-16 by flying it into the runway at 200kts with nose gear first. I doubt the plane would survive that IRL though... Maybe some other modules are too forgiving and durable?

f18ret.trk

f16ret.trk

Edited by HWasp

Compared to the other machines, 3rd party or not, the Fulcrum still bounces excessively. I can land a viper at 40km out of parameters just fine, or a balalaika, but not the dreaded 29. It will not crush or pop its tyres, no, it will make like a pogo stick and go boioioing up in the sky. And not just a few meters, but a lot.

I thought at first the bugfix patch toned it down, and it may have, but it's not enough.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

• ED Team
Compared to the other machines, 3rd party or not, the Fulcrum still bounces excessively. I can land a viper at 40km out of parameters just fine, or a balalaika, but not the dreaded 29. It will not crush or pop its tyres, no, it will make like a pogo stick and go boioioing up in the sky. And not just a few meters, but a lot.

I thought at first the bugfix patch toned it down, and it may have, but it's not enough.

The MiG-29 can be safely landed 115 kph out of parameters (normal speed at final = 300, touchdown at 260) and even at three point attitude.

Can you land FBW Viper such violently?

Landing MiG29 steep final .trk

Edited by Yo-Yo

I can land all machines in DCS without accident, some with a little difficulty such as the spitfire, but none give the odd bounce behavior the MiG-29 does. Yes if you fly it perfectly it lands well, but when (slightly) out of bounds, it goes wildly up. Are we flying the same thing YoYo?

Yo-yo just look in the general opinions. Maybe you like show what is the right way but we are in competition in this simulator and we are experience a very difficulty landing in comparison with other machines in DCS. If you want to rise the level of difficulty for MiG-29 is all right, just we will not accept is not happening the same with F-16 an F-18. They are a sweet machine to landing even out of manual how to indications. Then if you are right and must be this difficulty on MiG-29 go ahead and apply the same bouncing formula to F-16 and F-18.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe landing gear and/or plane structure would crack if forces are applied that make the machine bounce twenty meters in the air. The thing is not made of rubber. Also, aren't they called shock absorbers instead of pogo springs?

Anyway, the reason I am persisting on this issue is because I love what you guys have crafted in the MiG-29 flight model. It's so good. I wish I could land it as easily as the other planes. It should not be harder to land than MiG-21, right?

Guys, please, let's stay on topic of simulation of bad landings, which is slamming nose wheel into the tarmac. That makes it bounce while it should break the nose gear instead if enough force is applied. If not enough force - it should not look like bounce amplifier - rather force dumpener instead.

The simulation of good landing (or too fast) is perfectly fine as presented numerous times. It's not about making it easier - it's about making it more realistic.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Guys, please, let's stay on topic of simulation of bad landings, which is slamming nose wheel into the tarmac. That makes it bounce while it should break the nose gear instead if enough force is applied. If not enough force - it should not look like bounce amplifier - rather force dumpener instead.

The simulation of good landing (or too fast) is perfectly fine as presented numerous times. It's not about making it easier - it's about making it more realistic.

This ^

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB