10% Nose-up when stick centered

Maffers

In the Spitfire, the nose is constantly pulling up, Using ctrl+enter to show control surfaces shows 10% stick back, despite the stick being centered. This is not the case in other planes (I have most modules), only in the Spitfire.

Even full nose down trim is not enough to counter this. I'm running 2.5.6

In the Spitfire, the nose is constantly pulling up, Using ctrl+enter to show control surfaces shows 10% stick back, despite the stick being centered. This is not the case in other planes (I have most modules), only in the Spitfire.

Even full nose down trim is not enough to counter this. I'm running 2.5.6

What circumstances, Sp quick mission MP ?? campaign ?

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

No problem on my end, Hand off level flight.

Spitfire has tendency to nose up in slide slip, combine it with high power setting + low speed may produce significant nose up.

the best way to is to just post a track

rfU2qm7.jpg

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

No problem on my end, Hand off level flight.

Spitfire has tendency to nose up in slide slip, combine it with high power setting + low speed may produce significant nose up.

the best way to is to just post a track

rfU2qm7.jpg

It isn't related to power settings, even before I start the engines, the control indicator (R ctrl + enter) show 10% stick back. It is as if there is a problem with my stick centering, but I know this is not the case as all other planes it is 100% dead center.

I have tried clearing ALL control mappings and remapping, no change. Again it only affects the Spitfire.

As you can see here, cold and dark stick is showing pulled back, in the second picture I have full nose down trim, no change to controls indicator, third picture shows pitch axis is not double-bound - curves set to 0, saturation on both axis is 100.

Screen_200322_144717.thumb.png.c161dc36ecb5e12170cf8065a643ab6a.png

Screen_200322_144831.thumb.png.7501369d54f1cc0a5ef80def6a819e18.png

Screen_200322_144926.thumb.png.d8c5730a547a7ccadea78faa29b98ffa.png

Edited by Maffers

As you can see here, cold and dark stick is showing pulled back, in the second picture I have full nose down trim, no change to controls indicator, third picture shows pitch axis is not double-bound - curves set to 0, saturation on both axis is 100.

Trim affect you only in flight on the ground it will not change stick position.It may show some impact when enough prop wash is introduced on the ground.

Edited by grafspee

Try maybe re assigning axis ??

When i fly i need 1 notch up trim to fly level like on my screenshot.

I would try to re assign controls or run repair on DCS.

This looks weird, on my end no problems.

@Maffers - the diamond being slightly back even on the ground has been like that since the release of the Spit. The pitch control channel is programmed that way for whatever reason in this particular module.

That being said, elevator should be easily trimmable in all power regimes in flight. If it can't be (and if you don't fly with "game flight model" on), then maybe there is some bug affecting you and user Cintra, as discussed this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266783

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

For no reason that I can understand this has just fixed itself, by me doing an airstart mission. Prior to that it was doing the same. Did the free flight instant action and it was fine. Tried start-up and takeoff again, now it is fine. I don't understand this sim sometimes...

• 2 months later...

I now have this problem, trim screwed right down but still she climbs.

All looks good in the control section.

It's as though the vertical trim is broken between the trim control and the trim itself.

The thing is that online all is hunky dory no problems at all.

Anyone have a clue to what may be causing this?

thanks

I now have this problem, trim screwed right down but still she climbs.

All looks good in the control section.

It's as though the vertical trim is broken between the trim control and the trim itself.

The thing is that online all is hunky dory no problems at all.

Anyone have a clue to what may be causing this?

thanks

Check.

Any other controllers online, or big USB hubs?

Check if any control bindings cross them selfs,

Try to not bind axis to trim wheels, looks like very fast movement of this wheels via axis broke things?

Well I have to admit defeat. I have tried everything I can think of and she still climbs even when

trim gauge shows full down trim. I know others have had this problem and in one case

it magically fixed itself.

It works ok online which is weird.

Oh well I will have to fly online.

thanks for your help.

Edited by Ibis

Well I have to admit defeat. I have tried everything I can think of and she still climbs even when

trim gauge shows full down trim. I know others have had this problem and in one case

it magically fixed itself.

It works ok online which is weird.

Oh well I will have to fly online.

thanks for your help.

Ibis, sounds like a realism setting then, either in the specific mission OR in your main DCS options.

If you're not experiencing it online, it's probably because the server you are playing on has different realism options.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Hi Phil, you solved it mate:thumbup:

Thanks a bunch, it was driving me up the wall.

I have had trouble with key bindings after one update and had to redo them.

But hadn't noticed the "game flight mode" now had a tick in its box.

Removed it and all is working fine.

I noticed several people have had this problem but the cause was not found

or at least hadn't been posted.

cheers and a big thank you.

• 2 weeks later...