What is the difference between 1.5 and 2?

mcbryan

I want to buy DCS 2 because I'm hoping it has even better graphics and the Nevada test range is the highest fidelity map created for the sim. Are these two things true?

Why should I buy DCS 2? It is not clear. Will all my 1.5 modules from steam work on 2?

I suggest you dig up some YouTube videos (if you haven't already) and check out the Nevada map. It's true that DCS 2.0 is free but Nevada is the only map that will run on it at this time.

Nevada is the playground for the next step in the simulator graphics and they have some things of the new engine in place and some of the those things have been activated. When it is finished, of course, it will be the only version and all existing maps will run in it, plus the upcoming '44 map.

If you have hard drive space and like DCS and you got the cash, just get it.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

I suggest you dig up some YouTube videos (if you haven't already) and check out the Nevada map. It's true that DCS 2.0 is free but Nevada is the only map that will run on it at this time.

Nevada is the playground for the next step in the simulator graphics and they have some things of the new engine in place and some of the those things have been activated. When it is finished, of course, it will be the only version and all existing maps will run in it, plus the upcoming '44 map.

If you have hard drive space and like DCS and you got the cash, just get it.

Well that's all I need to hear. Thanks!

Stable release version 1.5.6 is also currently full of bugs and problems. It is very frustrating and also not especially reliable at the present time.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

i bought it last week. Its looks much better imo, i was like "woah" with the airbases runways and taxis and all of that on the ground.

be aware that there are only a few ppl playing it on multiplayer... maybe 10 players on the most crowded server, and then you have 2 more with 5 or less and then a few svs emptys.

(at least this is what i get from this weekend playing it).

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Keep in mind, that with probably half of playerbase suffering from unplayable 2.0.5 since the corrupted patch two weeks ago, and others reverting two versions back, there just cannot be many users occupying Nevada servers right now. Once the clusterF is sorted, the numbers will most likely go up again.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I cannot for my life understand why they did release a patch that obviously left gamebreakinig bugs hanging. I get the whole weekly scheduled update, but releasing the new F-5E campaign in the store and at the same time not solve the F-5E CTD on Nevada left a very bad taste in my mouth. Even more when I think of those who paid full price for Nevada+Tiger II+Campaign.

That is beyond 100 dollars (!) worth of products that cannot be used together as supposed to :cry:

I too hope that ED will solve these issues. I have all the modules, pre-ordered Normandy+Assets. Still I just feel... empty... but I should be excited... DCS is a mess right now and I hope that ED will sort it out before people loose interest. It can be so much better than what it is now, so let's hope that things are running a lot smoother when 2.1 is released.

I cannot for my life understand why they did release a patch that obviously left gamebreakinig bugs hanging. I get the whole weekly scheduled update, but releasing the new F-5E campaign in the store and at the same time not solve the F-5E CTD on Nevada left a very bad taste in my mouth. Even more when I think of those who paid full price for Nevada+Tiger II+Campaign.

That is beyond 100 dollars (!) worth of products that cannot be used together as supposed to :cry:

I too hope that ED will solve these issues. I have all the modules, pre-ordered Normandy+Assets. Still I just feel... empty... but I should be excited... DCS is a mess right now and I hope that ED will sort it out before people loose interest. It can be so much better than what it is now, so let's hope that things are running a lot smoother when 2.1 is released.

Those issues are not affecting everyone, 2.0.5 runs perfectly on my machine. Perhaps no one in ED, including testers, had no issues either...

Still, they decided to put the F-5+NTTR+campaign bundle on sale already a week after the infamous 2.0.5 update, when it was obvious for everyone that big chunk of the customer base would not be able to use this content. That's the business decision I find somewhat puzzling, to say the least.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

We don't really know how widespread the issue actually is. Those unaffected appreciated the bundle, those with the issue probably not as much.

At the end of the day, the issue will be fixed, and the purchase made on sale will still be there...

• ED Team
Still, they decided to put the F-5+NTTR+campaign bundle on sale already a week after the infamous 2.0.5 update, when it was obvious for everyone that big chunk of the customer base would not be able to use this content. That's the business decision I find somewhat puzzling, to say the least.

Before the issues arose the whole of the testing team who participated in the testing of the campaign had no issues at all, there was no reason to hold it back it would have only delayed other release's as a result.

Most users are enjoying a trouble free experience, the ones who are effected have been feeding back and providing essential data for the team and it is appreciated.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184537

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2