What aircraft are you going to be flying in normandy and why ?

silenteye

It might convince me to purchase the German modules.

I can highly recommend the Bf109, it's a great challenge to master.

On Topic.....Spitfire first for me, then a stooge about in the Bf109.

I dunno, not trying to create rumours here or anything BUT anyone else noticed the lack of a Mosquito on the aircraft list for the assets pack on Normandy? This aircraft played an important role during the period in question on our new map.

You know, I can't help but think (or dream)........DCS Mosquito inbound....... sometime next year perhaps. YoYo will once again stun us all with his unbounded talent, that currently just flows out of every rivet in the Spitfire IX, and create for us another superb masterpiece. A Mosquito would fit perfectly into any WW2 scenario on the Normandy map.

What you guy's recon?

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see here maybe I will fly a F4 Phantom around first...oh wait I don't have one of those yet....Ok lets see here...how about a A6 S%$( don't have one of those either...Ok OK, let let's pick another out of my hat...Wha what do we have here...We have a Spit...Ok now we are in business. It looks like I will be flying a Spit around.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm going to fly an Evector Sportstar if French regs allow me to fly LSA like US FAA regs because I live a few klicks south of Normandy.

In DCS maybe I'll fly the Spit or 51. Maybe someone will fly form with me in a 109 or 190. You take lead. Fly straight and level for a moment as I ease out in trail.

Edited by slparker17

I can highly recommend the Bf109, it's a great challenge to master.

On Topic.....Spitfire first for me, then a stooge about in the Bf109.

I dunno, not trying to create rumours here or anything BUT anyone else noticed the lack of a Mosquito on the aircraft list for the assets pack on Normandy? This aircraft played an important role during the period in question on our new map.

You know, I can't help but think (or dream)........DCS Mosquito inbound....... sometime next year perhaps. YoYo will once again stun us all with his unbounded talent, that currently just flows out of every rivet in the Spitfire IX, and create for us another superb masterpiece. A Mosquito would fit perfectly into any WW2 scenario on the Normandy map.

What you guy's recon?

Several Mosquito variants are on the VEAO roadmap. I can only imagine YoYo is very busy with the Jug and the Schwalbe. Who knows what comes after that.

As for on topic: I haven't decided yet between a warbird or a helicopter :dunno:

Check my F-15C guide

Are we there yet..?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I'm looking to enjoy the scenery in the M2000C. Gonna set up an intercept mission with some Russians bombers coming from the North Sea, as has been noted in recent times. French ship with the "Cygnes" livery over French territory, replicating what they do on a daily basis still today... love it.

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Spitfire:pilotfly:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.