Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

If the reds begin to win - server down :)

https://www.youtube.com/@KAG-RubyN

Су-27 Flanker| Су-33 Flanker-D| МиГ-29 Fulcrum|Су-25 Frogfoot| Ка-50 Hokum| Ми-24П Hind| Ми-8МТВ Hip| F/A-18C Hornet| F-16C Viper| F-15C Eagle| UH-1H Iroquois

H/W - CPU:i7-13700KF|MB:Z790|RAM:64GB DDR5 Kingston|GA: MSI NV RTX-4090|Oculus Quest 3| SSD:Kingston SFYRD2000G

Guys, is there somewere a guide how to start with Blue Flag? I mean how to avoid nonstop confusion about what is happening, what to do, where to spawn, how find friends and foes etc.

Today I joined the server. I even downloaded that simple comm or how is it called. Made it work, set freq. like I found the informations on the web page. And was one of two players on the comms from 20 players online in the coallition (as shown on the online web map). It was completely silent.

Then I looked at the online map page again, found a airfield next to enemy airfiled, picked a plane a fly to attack stuff on enemy airfield. However I probably offended someone from my coallition as he was annoyed I took "his" spot on airfiled and had hard time to understand what am I doing and why (few "friendly" messages in chat).

Well, he was not the only one. I did not understand myself either. I just destroyed some ground units on enemy airfield with no idea if it had any effect or not.

The whole concept looks good, but I struggle to find out some stuff for newcomers to help them understand the mission.

what about adding Gazelle to both teams? It is the only chopper module I own and I am in team red currently... (OR make it possible to swich teams after 48 hours or 4 days or so)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Guys, is there somewere a guide how to start with Blue Flag? I mean how to avoid nonstop confusion about what is happening, what to do, where to spawn, how find friends and foes etc.

Today I joined the server. I even downloaded that simple comm or how is it called. Made it work, set freq. like I found the informations on the web page. And was one of two players on the comms from 20 players online in the coallition (as shown on the online web map). It was completely silent.

Then I looked at the online map page again, found a airfield next to enemy airfiled, picked a plane a fly to attack stuff on enemy airfield. However I probably offended someone from my coallition as he was annoyed I took "his" spot on airfiled and had hard time to understand what am I doing and why (few "friendly" messages in chat).

Well, he was not the only one. I did not understand myself either. I just destroyed some ground units on enemy airfield with no idea if it had any effect or not.

The whole concept looks good, but I struggle to find out some stuff for newcomers to help them understand the mission.

First post in the thread.

Would like to highlight a video by Ralfidude showcasing GCI work in Blue Flag.

I haven't been flying for sometime now, but it seems the community flying in Blue Flag is organized and working very well with the Simple Radio, great to watch this and thanks Ralfidude for another excellent video!

what about adding Gazelle to both teams? It is the only chopper module I own and I am in team red currently... (OR make it possible to swich teams after 48 hours or 4 days or so)

Please reply, Xcom.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

well its allready bad enought that Uh01's/Mi8's are on both sides, having the gazelle also on both would make it even more uncertain if you can blow that dude over there out of the sky :)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

The best way to avoid confusion is to communicate. Wether you use Simple Radio or not, you should always get into Teamspeak, this is where most people are when they are on the server. Try to get into one of the main channels and see how the conversation is going and if there is enough time, you can ask anything and someone will probably help you.

Right now we are in a testing phase that ahs been going on forever, so expect a rather casual approach by most players.

Before yoining the server you can always check http://gadget.buddyspike.net/

to see what the overall situation is, then hop on TS and see who is doing what, and then help them.

When there is no GCI it devolves into a free for all, so my advice would be:" just hop in, don't expect too much and thus don't be afraid to mess up!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

"that dude" = that helicopter? If you're smart it's not hard...

Things that you can find out on your own:

1. Read the SOP document from BF page (link broken atm, you'll need to get it from some other source). This will give you an indication on where the targets are, what is their role and composition, also how to use F10 menues. If you're flying a plane with possibility to set nav/target points (A-10C, Mirage) you can use the document to make a kneeboard page with GPS coordinates.

2. Open the web page gadged - http://gadget.buddyspike.net/ . From it you'll learn what is the current tactical situation, which locations your coalition owns, which targets are being attacked and which you should defend.

3. While in the server lobby (even before spawning - as spectator) you can see where your coalition is spawning from. This will give you a good indication where your forces are being cumulated - decide if you want to join the main mob or spawn in a place that is uncovered at the moment (see point 5).

4. Check the units that your coalition is flying "'" button - This'll give you a good indication about how many CAP flights there are, how many people fly strikers and how many transport helicopters. Suggestion to join the role that is needed (having 20 people flying CAP, 2 strikers and no transport is not going to get the team anywhere)

5. As above but for enemy spawn location. Together with 2 and 3 you can get a really good understanding of what is going on or what is going to happen. EDIT: you can also use "'" to check enemy coposition - to get even better understanding on what they're up to and which role you can help with.

Overall, there is a lot that can be done and you can get an great overview about the situation even before going on coms.

6. Based on above, select your target, role, spawn location. Once in cockpit use the gadget to pick the radio frequency. Use PAK intel to confirm your targets status and overall situation (gadged page can be a bit behind in time).

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

That's the problem with just getting on simple radio. Get on TS, find out what the team is doing, who is doing which part and what the team needs you to do. Then you'll go over to simple radio for your flight/mission.

This post highlights exactly why you can't just get on simple radio alone, especially new guys.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I just checked http://gadget.buddyspike.net/ and I was utterly shocked. Yesterday, or day before, red were generally getting an upper hand. And then, server went offline... For hours and hours and hours...

Now, server is miraculously on and blue are an inch away from winning...

Come on, really... Like it's not enough that most of the time blue outnumber red, now this?

BTW, I had only twice heard someone using simple radio, although I regularly connect. Teamspeak is still more popular and used.

Edited by Rabb

And what is wrong with stats?

Just now I had finished few sorties. I got 4 or 5 visually confirmed kills, and in the end I got credited with just 2. The one before last sortie , I got killed by a player after I shot down one enemy, the last time, I got shot down by SAM, after I shot down another enemy... The way scoring system used to work was much better. This one, which works for several months, apparently, is no good.

Come on, really... Like it's not enough that most of the time blue outnumber red, now this?

Agree, us filthy blue's have been outnumbering red for weeks. O wait..

X4T7r4I.gif

*Compiled from 25 screens I took in the last 2 weeks, just because I got tired of the constant moaning about uneven teams from red.

X4T7r4I.gif

*Compiled from 25 screens I took in the last 2 weeks, just because I got tired of the constant moaning about uneven teams from red.

What would blue do without such righteous white knights like yourself :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

if that gif shows anything its that some people are very dedicated and show up on allmost any pic :-D

@Rabb, scores are irrelevant because they dont win this war/mission ;)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Thanks to everyone for advice. I somehow missed the TS is used in BF. I will try again. BTW that Ralfi's GCI was the kick that has pushed me from "iam too scared for MP" to "ok, I'll give it a try" at the first place (I am still scared tho).

I'm really thinking what it has to take to get any kind of player count balancing system.

Asking Adam and Jamie for a comment:

1. Players don't stack teams for an easy win - MYTH BUSTED

2. Playing a team with no opposition is boring - MYTH BUSTED

3. Players are going to balance themself - MYTH BUSTED

bfdefofequal.thumb.png.a3c862761e4c62db5ea3b45dd2abb85b.png

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

X4T7r4I.gif

I notice there are no Reapers etc. in these shots, they were probably taken after all the Reapers quit due to getting their asses kicked during even teams period. Not so easy peasy with SR when Blue ain't stacked is it Crash. :)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org