Mission 2 triggers

metzger

Mission 2 seems to be broken.

You start cold at ramp around 15:00 and TO time is 15:11. It is not possible to do start up procedure and taxi to RW that fast. Usually correct startup procedure is around 45 mins.

And at 15:11 voiceover triggers starts assuming you are taking off.

Edited by metzger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had this too.

I was expecting the leader (Wags) to be in the jet next to mine when I spawned in but he wasn't. Heard him on the radio though. I was taxing out when he called he had taken off. I just continued and once airborne I hooked him on the TAD and kept a 2-3 mile trail formation behind him as instructed and the rest of the mission worked flawlessly.

Actually it's a good tour of the landmarks on the NTTR map, learned a lot from it.

Maybe try again and just do a quick startup then taxi out expecting your lead to be way ahead of you with the checks.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

You start cold at ramp [...]

You do? That's good news! I criticized this particular mission for a hot start when I flew it shortly after release. Swichting it to cold start is an excellent change IMO.

Also, 11 minutes sounds like plenty time. Since it's sightseeing, you don't need to set up weapon profiles, and getting the jet powered up and taxied to the active runway should be doable. I might prefer something like 15 minutes, but 11 minutes sounds like a good compromise to me.

It would be great if we could select the step time before starting the mission, but that's a feature request outside the scope of this campaign obviously. Anyway, if it was 45 minutes, I believe most players would rebel that they're forced to sit in a jet ready for takeoff for 35 minutes until they're allowed to get going. I would. :music_whistling:

Edit: Looking at Wags' video, that was really rushed. Granted, he didn't use any input devices besides mouse, stick and throttle (not even rudder pedals, yikes! :D). A few more minutes between step and takeoff time wouldn't hurt for this mission. ;)

Edited by Yurgon

You do? That's good news! I criticized this particular mission for a hot start when I flew it shortly after release. Swichting it to cold start is an excellent change IMO.

Also, 11 minutes sounds like plenty time. Since it's sightseeing, you don't need to set up weapon profiles, and getting the jet powered up and taxied to the active runway should be doable. I might prefer something like 15 minutes, but 11 minutes sounds like a good compromise to me.

It would be great if we could select the step time before starting the mission, but that's a feature request outside the scope of this campaign obviously. Anyway, if it was 45 minutes, I believe most players would rebel that they're forced to sit in a jet ready for takeoff for 35 minutes until they're allowed to get going. I would. :music_whistling:

Edit: Looking at Wags' video, that was really rushed. Granted, he didn't use any input devices besides mouse, stick and throttle (not even rudder pedals, yikes! :D). A few more minutes between step and takeoff time wouldn't hurt for this mission. ;)

If you go through the correct procedures for immersion 11mins is not possible. Irl from cold start to taxi is done 45mins-1hour depends on the pilot experience, and this campaign claims to be realistic.

It is useless and not immersive to do cold start and just turn on the battery and the engines and go due to lack of time it is even worse than hot start. You either give enough time for at least shorter start up procedure (like 20 mins including taxi time) or just go for hot.

May be they are simulating a lazy pilot who had lots of beers last night and couldn't wake up in time :)

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Actually, no. I still had lots of "dead" time just looking around as I waited for INS to align and engines to spool up.

Regardless, the missions allows plenty of time to hit the briefed taxi and takeoff times. There is no reason to edit the mission.

Thank you for the input though :)

Edited by Wags
  • Like 1