Two questions about the RB75

slundal

First:

What is the difference between RB75 and RB75b can't find any reference to this in the manual. I assume the RB75T is for a heavier warhead (T = Tung = heavy). Of course I understand that the "b" version would be a slightly newer missile. But there is literally no info about this.

Second:

Is there any other ground attack weapon you can equip together with the RB75? Every time I try to equip any other a2g weapon with the RB75 the sight doesn't turn on and I can't launch or lock up anything whit the RB75. Is that a bug or was it intended to be like that?

First:

What is the difference between RB75 and RB75b can't find any reference to this in the manual. I assume the RB75T is for a heavier warhead (T = Tung = heavy). Of course I understand that the "b" version would be a slightly newer missile. But there is literally no info about this.

Second:

Is there any other ground attack weapon you can equip together with the RB75? Every time I try to equip any other a2g weapon with the RB75 the sight doesn't turn on and I can't launch or lock up anything whit the RB75. Is that a bug or was it intended to be like that?

The RB 75B is a fictional designation for the AGM-65B.

(As Sweden never Acquired the AGM-65B the designation is Fictional / non historical).

The RB 75 and RB 75T are both based on the AGM-65A and have the same seeker.

the AGM-65B (so RB 75B ingame) was the follow up development of the AGM-65A and had a Magnified seeker ("Zoomed in") making it easier to detect smaller targets and targets at longer ranges.

(Downside with the B model though is that the Magnification comes at a cost as it has a more narrow FOV so finding targets at close-Medium ranges become more difficult as the Seeker is "Seeing" a smaller area).

The devs decided to add the B version since where as it was never carried on the Viggen

(as Sweden never Acquired it)

it was compatible (as any aircraft that could carry a AGM 65A could also carry the B),

another reason why they decided to add it (and probably the more significant one)

is they thought some people (depending on Monitor/Resolutions etc) might have a harder time finding targets

using the non-magnified RB 75/75T then they should have compared to reality.

Im okay with them adding it but i really think they should re-designate it AGM-65B to differentiate it from the historical

RB 75 and RB 75T (this will also let people know what the variant is more easily).

And as to Armament mixes.

There are only 2 air-ground mixes that are valid loadouts (where all weapons carried will work)

and those are RB 75 (any variant) + Gunpods and RB 05 + Gunpods.

Any weapons can be mixed with Countermeasures and air-air missiles but these are the only two valid air-ground mixes.

I really wish they included this info in both the Manual and the Tutorials (In bold text ^^)

as there are so many people having the same problem and not understanding why their weapons dont work,

So unless you are knowledgeable about the AJ/AJS 37 you are unlikely to know this beforehand

even if you read the manual that is included.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 1

Thanks mattebubben, as always you are a infinite well of information! :D Much appreciated. ;)

The RB 75B is a fictional designation for the AGM-65B.

(As Sweden never Acquired the AGM-65B the designation is Fictional / non historical).

The RB 75 and RB 75T are both based on the AGM-65A and have the same seeker.

the AGM-65B (so RB 75B ingame) was the follow up development of the AGM-65A and had a Magnified seeker ("Zoomed in") making it easier to detect smaller targets and targets at longer ranges.

(Downside with the B model though is that the Magnification comes at a cost as it has a more narrow FOV so finding targets at close-Medium ranges become more difficult as the Seeker is "Seeing" a smaller area).

The devs decided to ad the B version since where as it was never carried on the Viggen (as Sweden never Acquired it)

it was compatible (as any aircraft that could carry a AGM 65A could also carry the B),

another reason why they decided to add it (and probably the more significant one)

is they thought some people (depending on Monitor/Resolutions etc) might have a harder time finding targets

using the non-magnified RB 75/75T then they should have compared to reality.

Im okay with them adding it but i really think they should re-designate it AGM-65B to differentiate it from the historical

RB 75 and RB 75T (this will also let people know what the variant is more easily).

And as to Armament mixes.

There are only 2 air-ground mixes that are valid loadouts (where all weapons carried will work)

and those are RB 75 (any variant) + Gunpods and RB 05 + Gunpods.

Any weapons can be mixed with Countermeasures and air-air missiles but these are the only two valid air-ground mixes.

I really wish they included this info in both the Manual and the Tutorials (In bold text ^^)

as there are so many people having the same problem and not understanding why their weapons dont work,

So unless you are knowledgeable about the AJ/AJS 37 you are unlikely to know this beforehand

even if you read the manual that is included.

Won't help. Look at Mirage: the limitation warning is in the manual since beta release and 15 months later people are still creating bug reports about it. ^^

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Won't help. Look at Mirage: the limitation warning is in the manual since beta release and 15 months later people are still creating bug reports about it. ^^

Sure but then we could atleast tell people to RTFM as in that case they would only have themselves to blame.

But in this case neither manuals nor tutorials tell you it cant be done.

So people are likely to try it then assume its a bug when it does not work until somebody tells them otherwise.

• 1 month later...
I don't necessarily know if this is the best place to ask this but, do we know if the EP-13 sight is going to get it's two filters that can be changed in the real aircraft with A0, A1, and A2 (auto)?

The EP-13 controls will be added to the left vertical panel.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 weeks later...

The problem here is the UI allows it, so people think it's valid. It would be way more intuitive if the payload load out screen would prevent or inform you of the limitation. It would also cut down on a bunch of bad bug submissions.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk