That FB post, a thread of support.

Pikey

Regarding your post Ron, https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/

I was pretty upset to hear someone had mindlessly bashed your development updates on YT.

It would kill me to see another development team go under cover but for the mindless comments of someone who has no understanding of what you are doing and why.

You know well and rightly that your Mirage product changed DCS forever and your team is well known as delivering quality with speed.

We can assure you, faithfully, (and I speak for my friends who play DCS also), that whatever views you were forced to endure are simply not the views of the majority. I watch for your updates keenly, as do many, and they support our combined interest in your teams work, and help us plan our purchases and get excited about DCS (even when things are quiet).

Please do not let people get you down on the internet, there's a lot of children out there with mobile phones who are still growing up and are unable to relate to the real world yet. You can count them on PewDiePie's subscriber list. Chin up!

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

This is exactly why so many other Devs have stopped posting WIP - there are a few bad people that ruin it for everyone. I truly hope RAZBAM doesn't stop posting WIP stuff because this is one of my most frequented sections of the forum just to see what's happening! Doesn't matter to me if the videos aren't in 4K resolution, if they show one part of the cockpit that isn't functional yet, etc, I am just happy to see progress and I watch them with the realization that there is tons of work to be done prior to any release. It would be a totally different story if they came out with a video and said "welp, we are one week away from release and here it is" but it showed tons of WIP stuff at that time.

Anyways, I hope nothing changes RAZBAM! A vast majority of people love what you are doing and appreciate all your hard work!

• Like 1

Considering its an entire thread of praise and 1 post that I can only call constructive criticism I don't really see the big deal here.

Razbam can say yeah we'll look at it, or no my computer can't handle better graphics or whatever. Either one would be perfectly fine.

Considering its an entire thread of praise and 1 post that I can only call constructive criticism I don't really see the big deal here.

Razbam can say yeah we'll look at it, or no my computer can't handle better graphics or whatever. Either one would be perfectly fine.

Yeah I agree, people are jumping the shark when pretty labeling any one they do not agree with as "toxic", tone it down and the criticism was "constructive" though i do not personally agree with it for the AV8 At this stage, Its clearly still Very work in progress and a Dev sharing some stuff at the end of the long work day is always appreciated.

Lets not go down the sycophants & fanboys road with bashing any one who dares share their opinion in a constructive manner, comparing that with "kids and pewdipie fans" is hilariously and ironically hypocritical.

these "enlightened" opinion of these YouTubers are like afterbirth...insignificant and unpleasant. These folks probably are too used of seeing lens flares and pretty animations.

Edited by muamshai
  • Like 1

This space is available for your advertisement

Honestly this is my favorite style of development. Giving awesome updates so frequently really keeps the hype up, and with every passing update reminds us of just how far you have come. It really is a special thing to see a module being developed from the ground up, and you guys are awesome for doing it!

• Like 1

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Yes. Video updates about developing are very good. Please continue with them.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

+1

I agree with you guys, Razbam should not change policy about wip just for a bunch of immature people...

You have to take criticism with a grain of salt because you're never going to please everybody.

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

A post by ralfidude on hoggit sharing his opinion on the editing regarding their WIP videos led RAZBAM to their "answer" if that really is what they were answering to.

I think it's well worth sharing that information as well.

Ralfidude makes valid points and is constructive.

Some of the comments on YT and other platforms are very much not so. I think Razbam are more likely to be responding to mass of them rather than Ralfi's points.

Zeus67 is coding the Harrier AND the Mirage.

From times to times he makes a video to share the last features.

But there's only 24 hours a day. So I prefer to have him spend his working time in coding rather than video editing.

When the times come we'll have a proper teaser video, like we had for M-2000C module.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

As I see it, complains weren't so much about the state of the product itself but the way of presenting it. It may seem strange for some people to post a video not in 1080, in a strange 4:3 aspect ratio, with black bars on the sides. Nobody I've seen said the harrier was looking bad, just that the videos weren't what they expected.

I think for most of the community any harrier is better than no harrier, so keep posting whatever you want and we'll be happy.

Razbam are kind enough to release videos of wip should we really care about the quality of the video, this shows how strongly they feel a part of the community. I'm sure when it gets down to the nitty gritty of pre purchase etc. there will be showcase videos to do exactly what is required with the business in mind.

Unfortunately YT is full of self importance where all that matters in the World are subs, likes and e-pruning, it's a welcome change to see someone not give two hoots about this self-glorifying trend for simple wip videos.

Razbam please don't have second thoughts or feel like you have to change anything, you don't.

• Like 2

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Yes, and when you are sitting coding and testing, you are not setup for flying, you are setup to be comfortable in a working environment for hours on end. Setting up for flying requires dragging out the kit and setting it up and you need to do it quickly to get back to your dev environment to restst the code you just changed. Personally when I'm in a script for hours, my stick is parked off to the side, my trackir is folded away somewhere I forgot and my video settings are windowed mode in a small box with low graphics settings, as well as a bunch of other stuff. We've seen this before in dev videos where trackir wasn't setup or someone had a stick in their lap and was flying funny. Anyone with any capacity to see something from anothers point of view would understand what is going on. And those that can't demonstrate their intellectual maturity.

So the view of a 30K sub YTuber of a video ~= the view of a developer on what they are conveying and their constraints, and it is not a video of the Harrier but a video of a development process of the Harrier, which is an incomparable topic and it's incredible that someone could try to compare it in that way.

I didn't realise who had posted the conversation about this until after I made this thread, but I can only find myself more disappointed at who it was as they should know and understand about influencing (some) people out there and that their views are not valid with regards to similarity. It appears he didn't even know WHY Ron has an old CRT monitor, which, if the people moaning about 4:3 res actually understood then they might appreciate why it matters not a jot.

Oh and to the fanboys, this is a thread of support, read the title, you are offtopic writing in this thread.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

1st of all, thanks for the support! really appreciate it!

2nd, it has nothing to do with hoggit´s post, BUT it really made me wonder and started looking around, and behold! yes there was badly criticism over the video quality on some other places.

To be honest (and that´s the purpose of that FB post) i wanted to make clear that Work in Progress is exactly that, i´m not trying to sell it, i´m showing how we are doing it, for all of you could see how far we are into it, and this comes from my early CFS2 days. We are not going to stop showing all different updates as we go, i wanted to put that statement in the open, that´s how we roll.

I wanted to make clear, that no matter the bitching, crying or complaining, this is how we do things, and we´ll keep doing it as far as we can.

Once again, thanks for the support

• Like 3