Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

I can't believe someone is going to try and make the first modern bomber in DCS.At first when i saw this thread,i thought it was a prank.:megalol:

Then i was stunned to find out you guys were legit.:shocking:Hope you guys are successful in getting ED on board.This could be the plane that leads to more multi-crew bombers i.e. SU-24 Fencer or the B-1 Lancer.:music_whistling:

I would like to wish you Good luck but luck has very little to do with building a complex module like this so I will instead wish you endurance and perseverance to push through any hardships you may encounter on this project.

Good luck, see you in two years or so as it's going to be massive amount of work.

You'll have to forgive me for being skeptical about this project though as you only asked for a 3D modeller a couple of weeks ago, and admitted you only discovered who ED were at the start of April when you announced you were doing an Su-25UB.

You might be very skilled, but it's a lot of work for a DCS module (especially as 4 crew positions is something not even ED have done!) and fwiw I personally wouldn't have announced I'm doing an anticipated module like this until I'd actually got something to show.

Plus you know, while you may have access to Ukraine's Tu22 and help from the state museum, you haven't even lined up all the basic research as of last week (05-02-2016) to find out if the module is actually viable:

And, BTW, 'Wanted: programmers'.

Might as well add...

Wanted: Tupolev OKB design data and flight test notes, translated

Wanted: Tu-22M3 sim time with English speaking IP

Wanted: Tu-22M3 pilot, bombardier-navigator, and EW operator, all fluent in English

Wanted: 36 hours in a day

About the only part of this project I don't doubt is you're going to have some amazing 3d models, as 3DArtistExtreme has an awesome portfolio.

I'm not doing this to knock you, but there's been a number of projects that have made announcements and then vanished into the aether or simply just fallen apart. A few of them had actually been quite far along as well.

Edited by Buzzles

An Su-24M (as a somewhat similar plane, but on a smaller scale) would have been rather ambitious for a first module to say the very least so I'm not sure how would a 4-men cockpit bomber even qualify then.

Please start with something simpler from the halls of that Ukrainian museum to begin with rather than crash and burn on this. I'm sure there's plenty to choose from.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

An Su-24M (as a somewhat similar plane, but on a smaller scale) would have been rather ambitious for a first module to say the very least so I'm not sure how would a 4-men cockpit bomber even qualify then.

Please start with something simpler from the halls of that Ukrainian museum to begin with rather than crash and burn on this. I'm sure there's plenty to choose from.

I don't think it is necessarily more difficult, it is just more.

Is your name Buzzles, or Buzzkill? :)

I wish Black Cat Simulations all the best and hope they pull it off as it's an interesting aircraft and I'll be certainly there with my credit card when it releases.

It took ED ~4 years to do the A-10C (okay, some of that was building DCS), BST takes more than a year for modules (F-5E was first spotted in June 2015!). Razbam were doing work on the M2000 in late 2014, and it only came out a few months back in beta.

They're all established, experienced and full-time dev teams, this is a new (apparently part-time) two man team who have picked a rather complex aircraft with a new DCS first in a 4 crew configuration.

I'm just being realistic, although I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

Edited by Buzzles

Wish you the best of luck Black Cat Simulations, your goals are quite high but would love to see this aircraft in the game. You have my full support.

Edited by LevelPulse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Sounds like a dream! Wonder how many years we'll have to wait though.....

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I wish Black Cat Simulations all the best and hope they pull it off as it's an interesting aircraft and I'll be certainly there with my credit card when it releases.

It took ED ~4 years to do the A-10C (okay, some of that was building DCS), BST takes more than a year for modules (F-5E was first spotted in June 2015!). Razbam were doing work on the M2000 in late 2014, and it only came out a few months back in beta.

They're all established, experienced and full-time dev teams, this is a new (apparently part-time) two man team who have picked a rather complex aircraft with a new DCS first in a 4 crew configuration.

I'm just being realistic, although I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

I was only teasing. You're absolutely right, of course. I just want to dream a little longer.

I wish them the best of luck however they have set themselves a very unrealistic goal, something so advanced as their first aircraft is a bad mistake. This is more complex than the A-10C and would require a big team just to complete it.

Time will tell, im sure they know the challenges.