FaceTrackNoIR not working with DCSW?

I'm about to make a new 3 point LED cap to use the pointtracker in FTN 1.7.

However, with FTN set to TrackIR interface, it does not show up in a vanilla 1.2.5 which, according to claims made by some of its users, it should do without having to mod DCSW for use with non-NaturalPoint files. Also, FTN does not start the dummy trackir.exe, I seem to have to do this manually in order for it to show up in task manager.

Help is welcome! Already posted it over at FTN's sourceforge but that's a rather inactive forum it seems.

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Freetrack and FTN should work without the fake TrackIR mode.

Have you tried it ingame? As far as i can remember, it doesn't show up in DCS' controller settings but it works in game.

I wrote a fairly simple setup guide here. It's working with Freetrack and FTN for me.

If your question is "Does FaceTracknoIR work with a 3 point IR led emmitter with the Freetrack interface?" the answer is "yes".

John

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=75917

Edited by Thick8

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 7 years later...