Imported Mission Has Park Assignment Errors

pdmarsh

The attached mission had been created in a pre-2.5 DCS version and then imported into 2.5. Although the ramp parking assignments appear correct, or close to correct, within Mission Editor, when you click on them you will see PRK assignments completely different, e.g. a plane that appears over parking space 2 is assigned PRK number 32. Many are simultaneously assigned to PRK 40.

While trying to correct this, I noticed that spots with no plane over them, e.g. parking space 1, are not available in the PRK selection list. The drop down list seemed to change during the editing session in that many available spaces simply disappeared from the list. Closing and reopening DCS brought the list back into shape.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Paul

ParkingSpace.miz

Experiment with 115 uncontrolled AI - 1.5.8 position in name

I filled up 3 airbases: Anapa, Gelendzhik and Batumi.

If I open the 1.5.8 mission in 2.5.0.14304.321:

- most Flanker's waypoint 0 at Gelendzhik change to "takeoff from ramp" to "turning point"

parkings is not rethought, changes only in inches

the new #01 to #10 not accepting flankers, however the almost 18m wingspan A10 is OK

- 99.9% of planes at Anapa got new parking positions

parkings is not rethought, changes only in feets

- two Flanker's waypoint 0 at Batumi change to "takeoff from ramp" to "turning point"

parkings is reworked, but the total number is not changed

in this airfield one spot is not used anymore, the old #06 moved next to the helicopters as new #01

the new #03 and #05 not accepting flankers, however the almost 18m wingspan A10 is OK for all 10

The clicking order is in the algorithm of the position calculation.

AnapaGeleBat1.5.8.miz

AnapaGeleBat-handalignapron+save2.5.miz

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

It seems that parking places have been renamed / reordered.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or more like a consequence of the new map.

Yes, I had a feeling it might be something that we just have to live with. It was fairly easy to fix.

Thanks,

Paul

Last evening I was adding a couple of Blue US tankers at Maykop to an older mission with about 20 aircraft there. I notice one of the tankers would not go into my desired slot, and it doubled up with another client a/c. I had to make several passes through all of the aircraft there in order to get a single a/c at each parking location. A little bit of time to straighten it out, but all seems fine now.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.