Su-33

combatace

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im finding that the textures on the mod no longer work in 1.2.4 has anyone else tried it?

I reckon its the new config.lua in 1.2.4 causing this (this model was created when DCS used graphics.cfg) you'll have to manually enter the textures into the newer lua then it should work.

I've been testing, and it would seem ModMan cannot edit the new .lua files. This is rather annoying, as it means I can't create a package that will automatically insert the relevant lines into the graphics.lua file.

The graphics_readme.txt file is in the same directory as the graphics.lua file and gives a brief explanation of how to do it. You can try figuring it out, or, just try putting the following file in your C:\Users\<YOUR-LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\ directory.

Edited by S77th-ReOrdain
Attachment removed

ok First of all thanks for the help.

I tried the Autoexec file but it didnt work. I double checked that the texture path was correct and that wasnt the problem. I read the graphics_readme and I cant understand why it didnt work. I am guessing that for some reason dcsw isnt loading the file or something.

anyway, I did manage to fix the problem by adding the path to the lua file. I understand it will be overridden with the next update but i simply couldn't get the autoexec to work. perhaps some of you guys can try it and post your findings.

thanks

hi

great model/replacement! but, every time i install this SU-33 and the SU-30 , add those lines in my graphics.cfg , they appear fine as AI etc but it messes completely up all other flyable aircraft of FC3, they all have missing cockpit textures..

any ideas? TIA

Latest patches removed the old graphics.cfg. If you still have that file, it's contributing to the missing textures problem. I experienced the missing textures with the Su-30 installation alongside the Su-33 as well, but using the new autoexec.cfg file posted above allowed them to co-exist with all textures for both planes. Without using the new graphics method, I could only get all textures for one plane, but not the other. Instructions for new graphic texture installation are in the graphics_readme.txt file. I've appended those instructions within the autoexec.cfg file in post #711.

Try un-installing the Su-30 first and see if you've got all textures and skins for the Su-33. If OK, proceed by trying either of the methods used in the previous posts to get the Su-30 installed.

Proper placement of this line will correct Su-33 textures:

"./Bazar/World/textures/Killermachine_Su-33",

Proper placement of this line will correct Su-30 textures:

"./Bazar/World/textures/Su-30M2",

btw, why ED does not replace the old Lockon low poly-count models of the su-30 & 33 with these new ones ? or are they planning to make other ones on their own?

IP issues, I'm sure. They'd have to hammer out a deal with the original mod author, and even then I'm sure there's regional IP issues to resolve. They probably figure it's not worth the bother and better to let users update the model themselves if they want.

My apologies to anyone that tried the autoexec.cfg file posted above to use the new texture install method as explained in the graphics_readme.txt file. I'm not sure why the previous method seemed to work at first, but I too still had missing textures after checking again.

Turns out my interpretation of how to use table.insert in lua was incorrect (I didn't understand it well enough). The textures I thought were working weren't actually there. To create an autoexec.cfg file for textures, you simply need to follow the example and use the table.insert command for each added texture. Example:

• Create a text file and name it autoexec.cfg

• Place the text file in your 'C:\Users\<YOUR-LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\' folder (as instructed in the readme)

• Add the table.insert line for each new texture added, such as:
    table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "./Bazar/World/textures/Killermachine_Su-33")

• Save the file.

That's it. No worries when updates occur in the future.

I attached my new autoexec.cfg file as a further example. I'm certain that this one works.:smilewink:

Alternatively,

It will also work by simply creating a MyTextures folder in the 'C:\Users\<YOUR-LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS\' directory and simply putting your "newtexture.zip" file there. After that, instruct the table.insert command in autoexec.cfg to load textures from that location.

Example:

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "c:/User/<Your-Login>/Saved Games/DCS/MyTextures/newtexture")

autoexec.cfg

• 2 months later...

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The rudders are moving in the wrong direction for me if I look at the model in the external view. Is this issue appearing only for me, or was it noticed by someone else? The rudder movements are not symmetrical. For me it looks like as an aerodynamic brake for V-tails. This has no effect on the flying parameters, in flight, the rudders are working as expected, so I suppose this is a model error.

Other than that, it is a fantastic piece of work, I love it!

- KGB -

New model SU37 !!!

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.