Su-33

combatace

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RF: In the first post I said I'm a beginner don't expect great from me. Second this bird is the copy of set of drawings that I have, yet I will see if any adjustments are needed. Humbly, I will try what best I can give.

Edited: OK, they were a little longer and were resized. Canards and nose are OK.

Edited by combatace

combatace,

Please, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to help some way, just pointing some errors.

If you're a beginner, I can't imagine what you will do when you go pro, because your doing a nice work.

I have some Su-33 drawings, uploading now..

No no no. I'm not getting you wrong neither I meant you to think so. Actually I didn't get proper words and after your post I read my post again and yes it was actually harsh and m sorry for that. Next time will measure the words before typing.

Well you can send me drawings but at this stage as you know I won't be able to edit much. At the same time its been more than 2 1/2 months since I've been working on this. So I just want to finish it up and move to something that I can make more precise from the beginning.

By the way that last pic of Su-30 and Su-33, which sim are those from, the color of water is great. Also, I might not turn pro. I have slack period for a few months and will be busy again and this being my hobby just carrying on with it.

Edited by combatace

Here > Su-33 drawings

I agree, at this point you're almost finishing the project.

The 30 and 33 screenshot is from FC1 (gallery here), I made a lot of textures mods and I'm finally presenting it. Been working on this for around 2 years. You can visit my blog if you wish.

By the way, you already have a texture designer for your model?

Here > Su-33 drawings

I agree, at this point you're almost finishing the project.

The 30 and 33 screenshot is from FC1 (gallery here), I made a lot of textures mods and I'm finally presenting it. Been working on this for around 2 years. You can visit my blog if you wish.

By the way, you already have a texture designer for your model?

No I don't have any texture designer. I was going to post for it once I was ready and satisfied with the model. And you have a big appetite for patience mate, you can do work on one thing for 2 years is a big thing. I have same 5-6 models half done in my case. I start than get bored and move on. I have half done B-52, A-50, F-4, mirage and Su-30MKI. I don't have patience that all I can say.

And yes is it s not much can you do the texture of this model for me.

@RF: I fell for those tempting drawings. One advice, scrap them, they are all wrong. front won't match side and side won't match top and top won't match bottom. On top of everything left of top won't match right of top. I had to edit and re-edit and even make parts like wings straight from beginning.

Yes, it's hard work and very easy to get bored with it. In 2 years, I had to put the project on hold for several times, actually I almost gave up sometimes.

I'd like to design the textures for your model, it depends on one thing: resolution.

FC2 players have good PCs and they probably use 4096x4096 aircraft textures, am I right?

If so, I'm not able to do the work. Because my PC is very old, 1Gb RAM - at first I wanted to make the Su-33 template in 4096, but my PC does not support it, it's impossible to work with it in Photoshop, memory can't handle it.

2048 is the highest I'd go with jets, no need to be any higher.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

a quick google search > http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php/t-533295.html <

have a look in the thread that is linked to my sig, on the first post you will find alot of sites to help.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

..........so?

With people's more-powerful PC's nowadays you'd figure nobody would be whining about poly count anymore... :noexpression:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "