Wingmen dilemma

GazAce

Hey good Pilots, I'm really liking this mission building caper and learning more each day but I'm a bit confused about how to manage Wingmen. A bit hard to explain without visuals but is it better to create wingmen when you create your own AC like in adding more ie: 1 of 2 or 3 or is it better to add an AC separately from the AC unit tab from those options on the left and give them individual WP plan the same as my own if I want them to fly the mission with me? And how does one get their Wingmen to respond to commands? I'm pretty sure I had the radio set correctly to my Wingmen's freq but I no response. Any help much appreciated.

book.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

is it better to create wingmen when you create your own AC like in adding more ie: 1 of 2 or 3

This is how you create the wingmen, the other way is creating a different flight. :)

As for your wingmen not obeying your commands, first make sure you do have your radios set up correctly. Which aircraft are you flying?

Wingmen dilemma nearly sorted ;o)

Thanks kindly grunf, muchly appreciated man. I fly A-10C and yes radio set correctly, well 90% sure anyway but canned goin to bed and just about to tweak this mission again to test heh and this time I'll add WM that way.

Thanks again, let you know how it went.

Cheers smile.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

To control your wingmen, aircraft that are in your own flight, use the Radio menu. Press '\' and you will be able to send commands to the Flight, or to wingie #2, #3 or #4. FYI, if you command a wingie (in the F-15C for sure) to Jettison Weapons then they will only jettison their fuel tanks. If you want your wingman to stop following you then command it to Go To -> Route.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

To control your wingmen, aircraft that are in your own flight, use the Radio menu. Press '\' and you will be able to send commands to the Flight, or to wingie #2, #3 or #4. FYI, if you command a wingie (in the F-15C for sure) to Jettison Weapons then they will only jettison their fuel tanks. If you want your wingman to stop following you then command it to Go To -> Route.

I appreciate that WC very much man. I've been flying my A-10C nearly every day for over a year now and have many hours of flight time and finished many Campaigns and heaps of other missions too so I'm good with all that. I've only just recently embarked on mission building tho and really loving it, got the bug big time. So there are a few things that are a bit sketchy for me. Viewed all the YT clips and still refer to them but I'm finding questions and flying them as a trial and error is the way to go and already after a few weeks, I've managed to knock a few missions that I think would get a pass. I'm getting there slowly but she's a pretty big beast but so worth learning.

Thanks again for the tip brother. Cheers Gaz

smile.gif

Edited by GazAce

Wingmen comms found

Oh update re my Wingmen dilemma, next to the coms tab is written 251 Mhz AM which threw me as it should be UHF, not sure why that is but anyway all good now.

Thanks again for the tip brother. Cheers Gaz

smile.gif

Edited by GazAce