Autonomous Ground Force Tasking

gromit190

I'm also still getting the exact same thing, Player/Client Mi8 or Uh-1, CTD, All other modules no problem. AI Mi8 and UH1 no problem.

Win 10

OB 1.5.5.60565.216

Autogft 1.3 example miz

Windows log show faulting module WorldGenerall.dll, most of the time. Twice got a Transport.dll fault

Sounds tasking related. When you set the UH-1 did you try an aggressive role or Transport role or what, compared to the gaz/shark?

Assigning tasks to ground units is an entirely different kettle of fish in DCS and really it shouldn't work for choppers to share a ground unit tasking. The two should be mutually incompatible and you should see it as a joy you can task any chopper, after all, what kind of chopper unit needs to path through roads and bridges with an altitude of 0? Aircraft dont have the same tasking mechanism at all.

It's not a primary aim of the script to tackle things in the air, take the ones that work as a bonus.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Sounds tasking related. When you set the UH-1 did you try an aggressive role or Transport role or what, compared to the gaz/shark?

Assigning tasks to ground units is an entirely different kettle of fish in DCS and really it shouldn't work for choppers to share a ground unit tasking. The two should be mutually incompatible and you should see it as a joy you can task any chopper, after all, what kind of chopper unit needs to path through roads and bridges with an altitude of 0? Aircraft dont have the same tasking mechanism at all.

It's not a primary aim of the script to tackle things in the air, take the ones that work as a bonus.

I am just adding an Mi-8 or UH-1 with no tasking or relation to the scripts.

I am running this script with MIST and CTLD and they all seem to play nice together, I have MI8s and UH1 s in there too (Client side) without any CTD.

Which version of this script are you using?

EDIT: My bad, I suspected long routes produced this bug but I'm preventing long routes in 1.3.

All I'm doing is placing a Mi8/uh1 on the map, not trying to use the script to do anything with the the Mi8/uh1.

I open the example.miz no changes to any script, place a player/client mi8/uh1 at any airport, hit fly, CTD.

Thanks for the details. I'll get right on this issue later this evening.

Edited by gromit190

Ah. that is odd. I'll attempt to reproduce on Live and get back to you both.

All I'm doing is placing a Mi8/uh1 on the map, not trying to use the script to do anything with the the Mi8/uh1.

I open the example.miz no changes to any script, place a player/client mi8/uh1 at any airport, hit fly, CTD.

I haven't succeeded in getting a workaround done for you two, so we are setting up a dev environment to easily make changes to my system in order to create a debug version to find out why this happens. SO far, I can tell it crashes when the task order phase heartbeat occurs.

FWIW it works ok on NTTR, at least in the missions ive created, so feel free to fill your boots if you have that whilst we sort it out.

• Like 1

With a lot of help from Pikey (I don't have the modules in question, tbh) we found what's causing the bug. I'm releasing version 1.4 later today with the bug fixed.

Workaround:

- Remove/comment out the line invoking autogft_enableIOCEV() (line 79) in the example.lua

- Re-load the example script to your mission

Edited by gromit190
  • Like 1

That worked! Thank you so so very much! Reps sent both your ways! :)

Why did that make a difference?

:thumbup:

It's a feature to locate enemy vehicles for any group, which is now disabled. I don't know for sure which part of it was causing the error, but I haven't been very confident about having it and I realized it does more harm than good (for anyone interested here's the snippet I suspect causes the crash with Mi-8/UH-1).

Version 1.4 is out:

- Changed reinforcement system (only reinforcing whole groups)

- Fixed Mi-8/UH-1 crash

- Removed "Intel On Closest Enemy Vehicles" feature

- Various minor changes

We have a saying with my group

"Because, well, DCS."

There's lots of cool stuff on the horizon for this script coming, so sticky it for now!

That worked! Thank you so so very much! Reps sent both your ways! :)

Why did that make a difference?

Perhaps the tables need to be traversed using pairs rather than for i=1,#whatever? Particularly as units get destroyed.

Thanks for the suggestion :) I don't want to blame anything specific until I know for sure but I have a hunch what is causing the crash. We need to do some tests so I think we'll have the answer ready shortly ...

EDIT: This is the line causing the crash.

Here's how to reproduce the crash (without AutoGFT). Add a BLUE MI-8 and then run this script:

local groups = coalition.getGroups(coalition.side.BLUE)
for i = 1, #groups do
   env.info("CRASHING TIME")
   local units = groups[i]:getUnits() --   <- Will crash if the group has a MI-8
end

:music_whistling:

Edited by gromit190

I have attached my mission for you to look at. It is always in-work. I am having no issues with it, just wanted to post it. This is the previous version of AutoGFT. Today, some time, I will edit to upgrade to 1.4.

Sadly, I make these missions for my squad to fly but they are into BMS so it is just my dad and I mostly. I'm 48 and he is 68 so it keeps us both mentally fit!

I password the mission on the server because people would join and blow up everything they can and I would have to reset it constantly to repair the damage done. :(

PM me for the password if you want it.

Credit to the script authors will always be in my mission briefs.

Thomas_Tskhinvali_Affair_Bravo.miz

Perhaps the tables need to be traversed using pairs rather than for i=1,#whatever? Particularly as units get destroyed.

Once the GCICAP gets squared away with the new DCS builds I will be adding that to my missions along with AutoGFT. Already having withdraw symptoms from not having GCICAPs in my missions. It is pretty much a staple must have in any of my missions.

I've been playing NTTR recently more than anything as it seems more stable. GCICAP is fine on it, I have AutoGFT, GCICAP and CTLD with a capture the flag mission and Ive had so much fun recently.

Once the GCICAP gets squared away with the new DCS builds I will be adding that to my missions along with AutoGFT. Already having withdraw symptoms from not having GCICAPs in my missions. It is pretty much a staple must have in any of my missions.

You would need to use the reinforce() option instead as respawn continues and reinforce is limited, by design.

There's something in the future we hope with regards to hidden pools of vehicles on paper like a warehousing system, attached to a physical building with possible rates of production, but its a while away yet and more pressing functionality to build in right now.

This is very nice, thank you!

Is there any command to stop respawning forces for one side?

I tried the example1_4.miz with a Player Mi8, worked great.

I changed one of the BLUE to "reinforce" two groups of 4 each of M-1 to Spawn1 zone. No Mi8, works great.

Add Player Mi8 (Blue or Red) to miz with one blue reinforce , CTD.

autogft_TaskForce:new()

:setCountry(country.id.USA)

:addBaseZone("SPAWN1")

:addControlZone("Combat1")

:addControlZone("Combat2")

:addControlZone("Combat3")

:addGroup(4, "M-1 Abrams")

:reinforce()

:setAdvancementTimer(300)

:setReinforceTimer(600)

Am I setting this up correctly or is there still some issues with the Player Mi8 and Uh-1?

OB 1.5.5

Autogft 1.4

No Mods

example-1_4_no_mi8.miz

example-1_4_mi8.miz