PicksKing Modded Texture Compilation PMTC V2.2

About those fake trees above: IIRC modders talked about silly ED erased the back face culling and non-culling function in DCS shaders and in EDM models :doh:, so I guess the problem is those trees got only 1 sided polygons that's why faces cannot be visible as earlier as a non back face culled models. (back faces were visible in that case but without shading on the back side)

FYI this tree model bug was corrected recently.

Any chance on updating with Mustangs new textures? Seeing you understand the file structure already would be great.

S!

I think you mean Barthek. He worked on a new pack. There were some screenshots posted on facebook a few weeks ago. So I think Barthek GTM11 could be his next one.

And no I will not update anything anymore. Initially I wanted V2.2 to be the last but then DCS2.5 was delayed again and to survive this time without going crazy, I dismissed my own resolution. But 2.3 was definitively the last and I guess DCS2.5 wont need any texture mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

...I guess DCS2.5 wont need any texture mod.

Whether it 'needs' it or not remains to be seen, of course. However, given the potential changes that ED is making to the Caucasus terrain, I would not be surprised if none of the current mods will work in v2.5.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I would not be surprised if none of the current mods will work in v2.5.

Indeed.

The actual mods wont work for sure. Changing the file structure/names is one point which will surely happen. Another one is, that with the new caucasus, the new T4 map engine will come which assumedly will contain way different technologies. So hopefully the tiled noise_1.bmp.dds texture will go and a more neat solution will replace it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Indeed.

The actual mods wont work for sure. Changing the file structure/names is one point which will surely happen. Another one is, that with the new caucasus, the new T4 map engine will come which assumedly will contain way different technologies. So hopefully the tiled noise_1.bmp.dds texture will go and a more neat solution will replace it.

It's completely different, file structure and filetype.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry if it has been already answered but I've been away for a while from DCS. After updating the 1.5 the mod causes an IC error. I've also tried to uzip the files which also used to work some time but now it isn't.

Did something change? Are the ground mods now supported by the "saved games folder"?

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

At first I thought that it can't be true and maybe there is some confusion. Then I found this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190523&page=5

WOW... cant find words to describe it... Thanks anyway for the heads up!

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 4 months later...

I understand that this mod is still ok with single player? Why It doesn't work with my 1.5.8? I use JSGME and after enabling the mod can't see the difference in the game. On the pictures here it look gr8!

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

I understand that this mod is still ok with single player? Why It doesn't work with my 1.5.8? I use JSGME and after enabling the mod can't see the difference in the game. On the pictures here it look gr8!

Dont know, I stopped playing 1.5 months ago. Sorry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haven't been using this mod for a long time, but I still found v2.2 compilation and tested it in 1.5.8. Works OK. I use OvGME for mods, but that shouldn't make any difference. Make sure you've got the folder structure allright: JSGME mods folder -> PicksKings folder (whatever you name it) -> Config and Mods subfolders etc.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.