MFG Crosswind - Review

Please, write something bad about the pedals, otherwise I have to buy on of those ;)

Sorry to disappoint...

... they're simply amazing. :D

I've had mine since May and there's not a bad thing I could say about them, on the contrary! :thumbup:

Will these awesome pedals fit into an Obutto Ozone ( it's narrower than the R3volution) I think the leg area under the Ozone monitor is about 38cm wide.

And can I replace the springs with dampers/hydraulics? (so they stay where they are left) to do a pretend trim.

I don't think they'll fit. I just measured mine and they're almost exactly 50 cm wide at the outer edges of the pedals.

The base itself, according to my measurement, is 38 cm wide, so that's the absolute minimum width, but I don't see how you could squeeze the pedals into that little space without a major rework of the whole thing.

As for the spring replacement, I'm sure that could be done, but have no expertise on the matter.

The width is what has saved me from spending the money on these. :) My Saitek Combats just barely fit in the frame of my Volair Sim pit. If the Crosswind's would fit I probably would have succumbed to temptation by now.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If the Crosswind's would fit I probably would have succumbed to temptation by now.

Well I don't know about your simpit, but having first-hand experience with the Crosswinds, I would rather succumb to the temptation of a new pit than miss out on these pedals. :D

1) No, I don't get paid by Milan for this kind of statement, just a happy customer :thumbup:

2) Yes, it should have read "first-foot experience" :megalol:

Well I don't know about your simpit, but having first-hand experience with the Crosswinds, I would rather succumb to the temptation of a new pit than miss out on these pedals. :D

Trust me, it will probably happen but not for a while. I have a wee bit too much invested in the current setup.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, I'm a huge fan of my Crosswind MFGs. I ordered mine almost one year ago, and they have been one of the best investments in flight sim hardware that I have ever made.

Milan is also quite professional and eager to answer any questions you have. His post-purchase support has been top-notch too. :thumbup:

Milan is also quite professional and eager to answer any questions you have. His post-purchase support has been top-notch too. :thumbup:

Same here, the pedals still work absolutely fine and I also like the updates Milan puts out whenever there's something to report on new and future features. Still an extremely satisfied customer. :thumbup:

Same here. Just received the latest newsletter. Upgraded electronics and new colour options soon!

Only thing I'd change would be footplate design. As I like to have heels on the floor and use the balls of my feet for fine rudder control. Foot on the pedal for larger adjustments. Good thing Milan is planning "combat" style footplates too!

Edited by Random

I have mine on order too and hopefully arriving before xmas.

A little sad i miss out on verison 2.0 of the electronics, which appear like solid improvements over the originals.

That said, I know these pedals will be fantastic. Can't wait!

Also looking forward to combat style foot pedals, i'm too comfortable using them with my simpeds.

Milan just keeps working away developing better stuff :D

A little sad i miss out on verison 2.0 of the electronics, which appear like solid improvements over the originals.

Milan wrote: ALL new MFG Crosswind pedals **will ship with new electronics *- starting this week.

As long as yours are not allready finished you should get 2.0.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Colour changes will come soon too.

I love my white and blacks with their Storm Trooper like finish.

These will be collectables once the "girly" grey/blacks come out!

Whilst I am happy with my warthog (with 100mm extension), there is no doubt that the crosswinds blew my mind with their sheer quality.

They truly make the Thrustmaster kit feel poor in comparison and it is only the extension that saves them!

The "RUDDERS" are the prime kit in my pit!

I believe it is Milans duty to supply us with perfection in the joystick/throttle (collective?... please?....please!) region.

The joystick must of course come with extensions and it must equal the warthog stick in switches/hats!

Nay, it must not only equal the warthog, it must see us into Oculus once the resolution is delivered.

Hint:

F:35 throttle

Apache stick

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Milan wrote: ALL new MFG Crosswind pedals **will ship with new electronics *- starting this week.

As long as yours are not allready finished you should get 2.0.

They are the now "old ones' aka collectors edition white. I am super happy with them, installation a breeze as is adjusting the tension to my needs.

I thought I would and i do miss the F16 style breaks. I'll just have to get used to the change and wait to see what Milan can produce.

The breaks themselves stopped working on my Simpeds so no big loss there.

• 1 month later...

And...another new customer and a proud owner of unit number 0370.

As for being a satisfied customer...please define satisfied.

Today's markets are defined by the culture of the masses. A culture of mediocre products made by mediocre persons at too high prices in order to get as much money as possible from as many persons as possible.

But, there's sometimes that glimpse, that exception, that almost looks like a magic product.

A combination of a superbly engineered product with the qualities of an unsurpassed precision and comfort.

But...it's not enough and the product is made to look simply beautiful.

Add to that an unsurpassed customer service consisting of ease of communication, loads of personal advices and unbelievable honesty and you get the magical combination.

For those who know Milan and have the MFG pedals what I just wrote down is of no surprise.

As for others who are still on the fence...you can stop looking any further.

It's that simple and it is worth every single penny!

Still debating?

Why? Can't you see my HUGE smile?

In short...Thank you Milan !

jgVplRQ.png

Using the Pedals (ser.no 0014) since 2013 Nov now.

So I also can state my experience about durability and wear.

The set had to cope with intensive use, especially in combat situations when things get stressy.

I never felt a lack of controlability nor did the precision degrade.

All bearings and joints move with minimal play just like when they were delivered.

Software support was steady going on, updating the firmware was very easy.:thumbup:

Easy to use updater and very comprehensive and briefly edited instructions led to no brainer updates.

I never did regret my decision to buy from Milan, if he ever comes up with more products I will surely take a very close look.

By every means of Polaris1's definition

I am a satisfied customer of Milans product and service!

:thumbup:

Edited by I./ZG15_FALKE

• 2 weeks later...

I just filled out the pre-order form. Hope to get a set in the next batch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

It took me 4 month to get mine. but worthed the wait :thumbup:

He mentioned sometime around Feb, March, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Been waiting 5 months so far..was supposed to get them in November, still, I will wait as patiently as I can

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Anybody know if wheelstand pro v2 has in fact drilled rudder panel for anchoring the crosswind. Milan mentioned last year that wheelstand was going to but I can't find any confirmation on the wheelstand home pages

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Ronht

Thanks for the info..do you have a warthog hotas? Wheelstand says they have drilled the holes for that setup. I have been waiting since August for my crosswind.