Integrated Air Defense Script

Grimes

Been a while since I really dived into the code on it, but essentially every few minutes each sam group compares the size of its radar and position to other sam groups. If the radars are roughly the same or larger than the radar of another group, then the larger ones become a "parent" of the smaller one. The script will try to make it so the larger radars are on more frequently so there is more radar coverage. It will try to adjust as radars are added or removed from the network.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Great!!

I am going to try to do some Interception based on radar detections.

The idea is, together to my EW jamming script, use the jamming to avoid detection, therefore if there are not detections there are not interceptions...

I ll updatethe script jamming script tonigth. By the way, it works perfect against the IADS... Like cat and dog!!

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think it's working correctly - I tried the example mission, was within close lethal range of hawk system - it never fired on me.

Was inside firing envelope of 2 sa-8 sites - they did not turn on or fire.

The only sam that fired at me was an sa-3 (which i did not see coming, but evaded successfully).

I was able to fire off all my missiles and kill all my targets, was fired on 6 times by the same sam system, was inside multiple killzones of multiple sam systems, and nothing happened to me. It was way too easy, so I think the script is not working as intended.

Developer of Kaukasus Insurgency - a customizable Dynamic PvE Campaign with cloud hosting and stats tracking. (Alpha)

http://kaukasusinsurgency.com/

The objects needed for a hawk site have changed since the script was first released, it is entirely possible the script won't correctly handle it. The script certainly needs some updates.

• 6 months later...

Do you know if works with EWRS as well?

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

• 1 month later...

As far as I am aware there is nothing different from 1.5 or 2.2 that'll break it. Well aside for the re-arm behavior changes that were already in since 1.2.something. I've got updates in the pipeline for it, but no ETA. Making the sort of mission I always wanted to put the script into. So I will be using it as a baseline to see the current SAM behavior. The plan being to use that mission as a testbed, having players get used to it, then switch on the IADS behavior when ready and see the results.

Considering the near future of the game in terms of aircraft I like flying there at least is my own enjoyment on the line for me to release an update for this script. Suffice to say I'll be annoyed with myself if the Hornet gets the HARM in Early Access before I update the script. ^_^

Suffice to say I'll be annoyed with myself if the Hornet gets the HARM in Early Access before I update the script. ^_^

you're not the only one that would be annoyed ;)

:thumbup:

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

seems to work OK on me, unfortunately the one issue i'm having is that my EWRs (multiple) often choose godark when their action ends.. blinding the network 90% of the time.

is there any way to force the EWRs to an always on state? standard DCS AI is 1000% too aggressive, but if i have an SA-10/11/15/3/EWR IADS that chooses not to engage the 50 tomahawks and a flight of CAS (probably because it can't see any of them because i doubt the SAMs have any sort of "visual characteristic" that gives them eyeballs) it's might be an issue.

• 3 months later...

It works the same as it did before it just doesn't know how to rearm and the same behavior logic as earlier is still being used. Both of which are key areas I'm trying to fix and improve. Can't give a guarantee that it'll be out by the time Hornet gets harms, but its certainly a motivating factor.

• 4 months later...
HARM day!

:)

Yup, IADScript works great with Hornet and HARMs. It is ultra cool righ now :) - anyone can try simple mission: https://ufile.io/ijvn3 ( Singleplayer mission, hot spawn, 1 wingman, total 8x HARMs VS 3xSA-3 + 1xSA-2 + 2x Tunguska + 1x SA-11 + 1x EWR + our lovely IADS script). At IADSlevel=4 the IADS tries to get you as close as possible and trap you with everything it has :D:joystick:

Updated it to add Rapier and SA-2 to the database. Also set debugging to false and removed a bunch of debugging messages. Shouldn't need to modify mission scripting anymore. I left that in by accident last time I guess. File is in the first post.

Note this is the old version of the script. The version on my github is way out of date, so don't use that. Somewhat on the fence with actually publishing any WIP changes I make to the script there because its not exactly in a functional state at the moment.

I've been working on a refactor of the code, but it is still a bit of a mess. Trying to account for warehouses, adding new logic, ability to track missiles so it can react to TALDs or self defense, and other stuff is a PITA.

What is the score for ground based EWR? Should these be included along with SAM sites in the script call? i.e should i give my EWR sites the same prefix as the SAMs?

Also i noticed on the debug, the sa-2 appears in the text as sa3 goa. I'm assuming this is just because you used the sa3 as a base to build the sa2 class. But just making sure... fantastic job on this Grimes. Really should be implemented into the engine.

Edited by Shadow.D.

• 4 weeks later...