High Stakes Campaign Thoughts?

DblAAssassin

Didn't get to play it but from what I could gather in the news letter, it sounds a lot like the default challenge campaign. Hopefully someone who has played it can pitch in?

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The first mission was about taking off, followed by a left hand circle around the airfield, touch and go and then another left hand circle before landing. Not really very thrilling.

The second mission was a little more promising, you had to fly from Russia to Georgia following a long river through a mountain pass and staying at tree top level for not been detected.

This was fun in terms of memorising the route and then navigating your way to the objective. I didn't finish the mission since i missed a way point (for no obvious reason, i though i am on spot)..

The plot of the story is probably, you started to work for a Russian mafiosi and will have to do some dirty work for him. It reminds me a little of the flying missions in GTA V. Telling from the screenshots in the module description, there will be at least also some ground attacking.

Not sure if this helps making up your mind, I'm more into the WW2 birds and hadn't any campaign yet for the p51. Also I think it is actually cheap ($6 if you use your bonuses) and like to think that buying stuff from ED will help them keeping their great work up in order for us to enjoy this game even more with the upcoming modules like the spit, the jug and the normandy map.....

So what ever will come up and is related to props or cold war area jets and before, I will buy them.

Edited by SodomNGomorrha

I have just updated. However, I can not see the "High Stakes" campaign?

All I have is the "Challenge" campaign?

Are these both the same thing? Or do I have to download it separately?

Cheers.

EDIT.

Forget the above post, I just saw its $9.99...................:music_whistling:

Edited by Accipiter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Sodom, I am definitely going to get it because like you I love all things Warbird. Haven't had a chance to check out the 109 or the 190 yet though. Thank you for validating my purchase though it sounds like the campaign could be promising. Very interesting premise for the story too.

Hardware: Saitek X56, TrackIR, HP Reverb G2

I have just updated. However, I can not see the "High Stakes" campaign?

All I have is the "Challenge" campaign?

Are these both the same thing? Or do I have to download it separately?

Cheers.

EDIT.

Forget the above post, I just saw its $9.99...................:music_whistling:

In Beta version.

Regards,

Héctor

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
How does the f10 work and why is it needed. I get stuck on mission 2. F10 works sometime and sometimes not the same way. I can't even get to the mountains.

Bring up the knee board and cycle through the relevant pages. It gives you the flight path and your position on the map as you fly through and hit each waypoint. Need to assign a button to know your position and the direction you are going in. Hope it helps

I’m enjoying the high stakes campaign. So far it’s helped me get smoother landings in the P-51D, learn navigation, use of the knee board, how to land the aircraft safely once the engine has failed without damaging the aircraft further, how to fly at night with night vision goggles and attack ground targets, and attack moving ground targets, low level flying. Its got a nice story line as well. I’m only on mission 7, so I’m sure it will get much more interesting and challenging as and when I progress. I would recommend it as I love the P-51D and all things P-51D