Jester backup wheel - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-26-2020, 08:59 AM   #31
lxsapper

I think the plane Disapearing or rather getting in the HUD only view, is how the backup wheel is designed (and what I don't like about it) but releasing the TX or completing the command selection through the wheel should return you to normal view.
Are you using HOTMIC? I haven't tried it like that.
lxsapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:26 AM   #32
Hollywood_315

To confirm back-up wheel behavior is by design:

- You do not see the menu wheel in cockpit view, but key commands (and VA key sequences) still work. This should be improving the experience when using custom keysequences for the wheel that you programmed yourself in VA.
- You see the back-up wheel by calling ' Jester,... Options' and keeping PTT key pressed. Use 'Take' commands to select options, alternatively use standard wheel keyboard cmds Ctrl-1 etc.
- Releasing PTT key closes the back-up wheel and returns to standard cockpit view.
- Also you can manually bring up the back-up wheel by switching to HUD-only view (Alt-F1) and then press A to bring up the wheel.

Grtz

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:53 AM   #33
lxsapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
- You do not see the menu wheel in cockpit view, but key commands (and VA key sequences) still work. This should be improving the experience when using custom keysequences for the wheel that you programmed yourself in VA.
Grtz
I Just found this out, VERY VERY useful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
- Also you can manually bring up the back-up wheel by switching to HUD-only view (Alt-F1) and then press A to bring up the wheel.
Grtz
AHHHHH Very good to know! I had Just "invented" and alternative to this, for a command I needed (Tell Jester To select a Target and End up On The STT Specific Target Menu directly) But this will make it simpler and less messy.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:53 AM   #34
Oldfox

Mmmm I'm using RIO in hot mike, so it never closes it as I don't release any TX.
Oldfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #35
Hollywood_315

@Oldfox Hotmic support is on the todo-list.

www.vaicompro.com
Old 07-04-2020, 09:51 AM   #36
Night Flier

Why couldn't we get a normal Jester wheel backup without using voice commands (just pressing a button and using track IR and/or the keyboard)?

Don't get me wrong, I know the purpose of using AIRIO is to avoid pushing buttons, but during busy phases of flight/combat if something is not working (bad pronunciation, forgotten commands etc.) all we want is to "stick to the basics" without and acting quickly in a different way not linked to voice but to something more straightfoward.
Night Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:45 AM   #37
Greyman

Just as a 'by the way', it looks like Heatblur are going to eventually be allowing more current menu-only commands to be accessed via control bindings, which might make life more straightforward, depending on which commands you might be struggling to get across and which ones they might be allowing bindings for.
Greyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:27 AM   #38
lxsapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Flier View Post
Why couldn't we get a normal Jester wheel backup without using voice commands (just pressing a button and using track IR and/or the keyboard)?

Don't get me wrong, I know the purpose of using AIRIO is to avoid pushing buttons, but during busy phases of flight/combat if something is not working (bad pronunciation, forgotten commands etc.) all we want is to "stick to the basics" without and acting quickly in a different way not linked to voice but to something more straightfoward.
I think the reason Hollywood made it this way, from my observations I made with a small .lua malfunction (I believe) that I got before last update, I was able to see that if the regular Jester Wheel was kept active using AIRIO commands would still blink it to appear on screen. I personally would prefer to have this option too, but after my initial disappointment I'm not unhappy with things as they stand at the moment.
You can actually still do what you want, Jester Wheel still works in the background (it's just invisible) if you know what keys to press. If you do need to see it without saying "Jester Options" you can to the HUD only view (LALT+F1) and press 'A' to use it there.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #39
Sandman1330

Backup wheel isn't working for me.

Jester - Options brings up the wheel, but my take-# commands aren't working. If I say "take-1" without the wheel present, the command is recognized by voiceattack. However, while holding the PTT to keep the wheel up after saying jester-options, the take commands do nothing...
Ryzen 9 3900X / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 960 Evo M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Saitek X56 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Rift S
Sandman1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:44 AM   #40
Hollywood_315

Hi there
This is not reproducible: make sure you are running latest plugin (2.5.22.2) and AIRIO (2.5.9) version.
Confirm in DCS options/Special/F-14 Radio Menu and PTT Behavior is set to default.

www.vaicompro.com