RSBN support - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-02-2020, 06:23 AM   #1
-Martin-

Default RSBN support

Please would you consider adding some RSBN navigation support for L-39C/ZA, at least for the Bassel airport near Lakatia.

Modules I Fly: JF-17, Su-27/J-11A, L-39ZA/C, MiG-29A/S, MiG-21Bis, MiG-15Bis, KA-50, Mi-8MT, Bf-109K4;
VPC T-50CM2+Varbrd Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5
-Martin- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #2
shu77

Pretty sure this has been confirmed already

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog, Mustang, Sabre, CA, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, AH-6J, MB-339, A-4-EC, Edge 540, AlphaJet
Metabox, i7-9750H, NVIDIA 1660Ti, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, Handbrake collective, Track IR4, Cougar MFDs, 1440p, vx3276-2k
PG Airfields FENCE Checks & Threat Summaries
shu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #3
Sajarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Martin- View Post
Please would you consider adding some RSBN navigation support for L-39C/ZA, at least for the Bassel airport near Lakatia.
it is not only the L39. Mi-24P and MiG-21Bis also use RSBN navaids at this moment.

Syria operates a Soviet and Russian hardware so, they should have enough RSBN stations to cover the entire country.
Intellectual freedom is essential to human society — freedom to obtain and distribute information, freedom for open-minded and unfearing debate, and freedom from pressure by officialdom and prejudices - Andrei Sakharov.

Sajarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:07 PM   #4
-Martin-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajarov View Post
it is not only the L39. Mi-24P and MiG-21Bis also use RSBN navaids at this moment.

Well, I did not see any RSBN channels shown on the map in Mr. Wagner's videos. Our MiG-21 module uses fake off map RSBN implementation, it is not the same as in L-39 that uses real on map assests.

Modules I Fly: JF-17, Su-27/J-11A, L-39ZA/C, MiG-29A/S, MiG-21Bis, MiG-15Bis, KA-50, Mi-8MT, Bf-109K4;
VPC T-50CM2+Varbrd Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5
-Martin- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #5
Sajarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Martin- View Post
Well, I did not see any RSBN channels shown on the map in Mr. Wagner's videos. Our MiG-21 module uses fake off map RSBN implementation, it is not the same as in L-39 that uses real on map assests.
It was confirmed by Maestro. I hope.that in the future, all RSBN implementations will use the same RSBN beacons.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk
Intellectual freedom is essential to human society — freedom to obtain and distribute information, freedom for open-minded and unfearing debate, and freedom from pressure by officialdom and prejudices - Andrei Sakharov.

Sajarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:54 PM   #6
randomTOTEN

We really are lucky to have publicly available TACAN information for basically the entire world. I wonder (I don't know) how hard it is to find RSBN information. I tried looking for the transmitter trailer in Khmeimim but the resolution was too low and I couldn't see it (I mostly look for the shadow of the spherical antennae dome). Spotted the VOR installation quite easily though...
randomTOTEN is offline   Reply With Quote