Release date? - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #61
Corsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash@TrueGrit View Post
Hi guys!

thank you for staying patient and hyped at the same time. We know this is a long wait, but it will be worth it!!
As always: As soon as we know more about release dates I will let you know immediately.

Stay healthy,
Dash
just dont forget to keep us up to date and feed us with pictures regularly ;-)
Its a plane i must have.
Old 07-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #62
JagHond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash@TrueGrit View Post
Hi guys!

thank you for staying patient and hyped at the same time. We know this is a long wait, but it will be worth it!!
As always: As soon as we know more about release dates I will let you know immediately.

Stay healthy,
Dash

All the best to you all.

With best thankful regards.
JagHond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:25 PM   #63
Eaglewings

Default Some Form of Flyable DCS Eurofighter?

Looks like there is some form of a flyable Eurofighter if I heard right in this interview

https://youtu.be/zRKL0yZHvwg
Time stamp 1:52:00.

Thrilling revelation if that is true. That would be real progress.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #64
falcon_120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglewings View Post
Looks like there is some form of a flyable Eurofighter if I heard right in this interview

https://youtu.be/zRKL0yZHvwg

Time stamp 1:52:00.

Thrilling revelation if that is true. That would be real progress.
Well depends on which is the flyable state. It could be very much a PoC based on the f15 fm with a eurofughter 3d model on top of it to learn the ropes of the DCS world. .

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk
falcon_120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:23 PM   #65
Eaglewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_120 View Post
Well depends on which is the flyable state. It could be very much a PoC based on the f15 fm with a eurofughter 3d model on top of it to learn the ropes of the DCS world. .

Perhaps so.
Wondering why F-15 FM? I would think Truegrit would have some basic fm for eurofighter to test it.
In any case, I am just glad to see some progress going on there.

Last edited by Eaglewings; 08-01-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Eaglewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:01 AM   #66
Pastypower69

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_120 View Post

I’d say it has its own fm. Simon from ED [after flying it] “it has so much grunt. The only thing you’re going to struggle with in close combat is an F16 or a very good Mirage pilot. Otherwise it’s going to rule the roost.”
Pastypower69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:45 PM   #67
Top Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastypower69 View Post
I’d say it has its own fm. Simon from ED [after flying it] “it has so much grunt. The only thing you’re going to struggle with in close combat is an F16 or a very good Mirage pilot. Otherwise it’s going to rule the roost.”
Hummmm... and what about the Hornet ? Or the Fulcrum ?
Samsung 860 QVO
Win 7, 64 bit

- HANGAR -
Flaming Cliffs 3 , MiG-21bis , Mirage 2000C , F-14B , F-16C , F/A-18C
Top Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 02:36 PM   #68
VpR81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastypower69 View Post
Well then the FM seems to be inaccurate. IIRC the Typhoon is the only fighter jet in the world beeing able to perform 9g turns at supersonic speed up to Mach 1.5. The german air force prooved that at Mach 1.2, that's confirmed. Regarding to the Typhoon pilot interview on the fighter pilot podcast, the Typhoon has about the same thrust as the F-15C (while beeing slightly lighter than a Hornet) and can perform 9g turns while carrying 3 external fuel tanks. Also i believe TrueGrit will deliver the IRIS-T missile together with the Typhoon. The IRIS-T is one of, if not the most advanced IR-SRM worldwide. It has "over-the-shoulder-capability" allowing to attack targets in a sphere around the launching aircraft (only exception is directly below the launching platform afaik), has extreme close-in agility allowing turns of 60 g at a rate of 60°/s via thrust vectoring and outperforms the AIM-9X in various aspects. The IRIS-T can also be used in hard-kill mode, targeting and engaging incoming AAMs and SAMs, wich is unique amongst SRMs. I highly doubt that there will be anything in DCS causing problems to a Typhoon in close combat. Not sure if this will enhance DCS multiplayer PvP....

Last edited by VpR81; 08-03-2020 at 02:49 PM.
VpR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:36 PM   #69
Etirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VpR81 View Post
Well then the FM seems to be inaccurate. IIRC the Typhoon is the only fighter jet in the world beeing able to perform 9g turns at supersonic speed up to Mach 1.5. The german air force prooved that at Mach 1.2, that's confirmed. Regarding to the Typhoon pilot interview on the fighter pilot podcast, the Typhoon has about the same thrust as the F-15C (while beeing slightly lighter than a Hornet) and can perform 9g turns while carrying 3 external fuel tanks. Also i believe TrueGrit will deliver the IRIS-T missile together with the Typhoon. The IRIS-T is one of, if not the most advanced IR-SRM worldwide. It has "over-the-shoulder-capability" allowing to attack targets in a sphere around the launching aircraft (only exception is directly below the launching platform afaik), has extreme close-in agility allowing turns of 60 g at a rate of 60°/s via thrust vectoring and outperforms the AIM-9X in various aspects. The IRIS-T can also be used in hard-kill mode, targeting and engaging incoming AAMs and SAMs, wich is unique amongst SRMs. I highly doubt that there will be anything in DCS causing problems to a Typhoon in close combat. Not sure if this will enhance DCS multiplayer PvP....
There will be plenty things causing trouble for Typhoons in close combat, namely the pilots.
I really dont think you should interpret much of an early work in progress flight model from a single comment about how its a great aircraft in BFM.
Etirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:16 PM   #70
Top Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VpR81 View Post
Well... be careful with those statements.

... or this guy at post #49 will come and make you admit, that the Rafale will fly light speed circles around the Typhoon.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=258241&page=5
Samsung 860 QVO
Win 7, 64 bit

- HANGAR -
Flaming Cliffs 3 , MiG-21bis , Mirage 2000C , F-14B , F-16C , F/A-18C
Top Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote