DCS cameras, views and video recording

Bucic

• 1 month later...
DoctorStrop...

Your link does not take to your video. The link is not related to any DCS videos.

LoneStar

Link updated :)

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In this video i show, what i mean. I cant back view from the end of the film to view at the beginning of the recording. Num5(my fault), not working at this example.

Another problem is, how back to my original head movement which I performed in flight. Because when I starting track, head movement it's ok, but when i change camera to F2 and back to F1, default my head movement is disabled. I remember this option is can to do in Lock on i think so.

Edited by Wodzu

Your example has already been answered by Glowing_Amraam, F5 is the wrong key. Pressing the Alt+F2 button again will lock the F2 view again after you centered it with key "5" from the numpad.

However I don't think you can get back to the default/original head movements from the track. Only option would be to reload the track I think.

Pressing the Alt+F2 button again will lock the F2 view again after you centered it with key "5" from the numpad.

Exactly, now succeeded. Just in the wrong moment I pressed Num5. I used Num5 at first press alt + F2, but I did not try after pressing again. Thank you .

As for restoring the original headmove, I will wait, maybe someone will know how to restore this option.

Edited by Wodzu

Anyone know how to best see the view from the pilot's perspective of an AI wingman flying in different formations?

In other words, looking from an AI wingman pilot's view turned towards lead plane (player) to be able to discern visual references on lead's plane (player)... So that when another player is flying I can use those same visual references / checkpoints as a guide to offer them to keep a proper formation.

What trickery can I use with the camera system in DCS to accomplish this? For example the fingertip formation references, the echelon, and line abreast...

• 5 weeks later...

Does the Shift-Ctrl-Num2/4/6/8 for F4 camera positioning not work on tracks recorded by a multiplayer server? The Shift-Ctrl-Num/ and * keys will position the camera forward and aft, but the direction keys will not position the camera laterally or vertically.

For reference I'm trying to get a shot like this:

UTj73GF.jpg

It seems that this is only possible with client's tracks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ED Team

I don't think that's possible, but I have noticed (in the internal and tester builds we are using) that the position of the Freecam (F11, or CTRL-F11) will carry over even when you quit the mission.

In other words, you can just find a good spot, maybe just have your pilot bail out and walk to whatever position is good, then use the freecam and place the camera at the pilots head height (hight?) , if that's a word. Anyway, when you quit the mission, and do whatever changes in the editor - when you start the mission again, and you simply press F11 , the camera will be placed where you left it off, on the spot. Maybe that could work. :)

• 1 month later...
Lctrl+Y (2 or 3 times will completelly remove it. ;)

Cheers

IIRC there's also a LUA config entry for that. Based on what I recall I used to quickly enter some off-screen position in the appropriate section. But a better way would be to alter the default setting of course.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's been discussed before about changing the default F4 camera but just to show what you can do.

For FC3 A/C I edited the server.lua file in Notepad++ (DCSWorldOpenBeta/config/view)

Other modules I believe you need to find the View.lua but not tested

What I used for F-15C

Chase = {

LocalPoint = {-6.750000,1.204000,1.700000},

AnglesDefault = {165.000000,-8.000000},

For A-10C (Only works on AI)

Chase = {

LocalPoint = {-5.000000,1.264000,1.14000},

AnglesDefault = {165.000000,-8.000000},

Limitations:

1.Server host controls this so won't work in MP unless host applies it

2.Each aircraft needs the server.lua/view.lua editing individually