Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Hans-Joachim Marseille

im not interested in adventure/rpg games but it looks very nice :thumbup: - and seems very detailed almost like a simulator :D
It's indeed a medieval sim (one of the team leads has worked on the original OFP, OFP: Resistance and ArmA), that's why I posted this thread starter in the "Other Sims". But for some reason the higher powers found it more worthy of "Chit Chat". The game strives to portray medieval life as closely as possible, using medieval weapons experts motion capture techniques.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

Dear Hans, if you are interested in history, maybe you might like to know that the game is inspired by a period in our (Czech) history called the Hussite Wars.

Btw, Im looking forward to this game too :thumbup:

Dear Hans, if you are interested in history, maybe you might like to know that the game is inspired by a period in our (Czech) history called the Hussite Wars.

Btw, Im looking forward to this game too :thumbup:

Interesting, I didn't know the game is based on this period. Brutal times, leading up to the Protestant Reformation period.

Yep, I grabbed this on Kickstarter, it looks great. Just hope they delivery at least half of what they are promising.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

A little bit of historical background of the game ...

It's 1403, 25 years after Karl IV's death (Czech emperor of the Holy Roman empire). His sons Wenzel (Wenceslaus) and Sigismund are battling for the throne.

Sigismund has lured his older brother Wenzel to Rome to force him to abdicate in favour of him. The country is on the brink of civil war and German and Habsburg noblemen are starting to participate in the struggle, building up to the Hussite wars that started after Jan Hus (Czech religious reformer) was burned to death as a heretic by catholics.

It reminds me of the glory days of the C64 and Amiga ... Defender of the Crown. Also Mount & Blade comes to mind.

Starting from £15, it's a steal. And they almost made £780k with the KickStarter, with 4 achieved stretch goals.

Can't argue with that. It's really going from strength to strength. Can't wait until it turns up, the update videos really look impressive.

780K isn't to be sniffed at, it certainly shows there is still a place for these sort of games.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Almost £800k tonight ... the 5th stretch goal is in sight (visual in-game fencing lessons and instructional videos on medieval weapons).

I hope they will include pulling a shield down with the axe's "hook" and then having your neighbour in the shield wall stab the enemy in the throat (no one pens that down better than Bernard Cornwell).

Some of the higher Kickstarter pledges will get a hand-forged sword ... Gotta love these guys for staying close to authentic with this game (bar the hydraulic hammer).

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13577-Kickstarter-Kingdom-Come-Deliverance

With the backing of "Star Citizen"-founder Chris Roberts, will they make the stretch goal of £900k? ~50 hours to go ...

Great to see two independent game developers going to share their CryEngine tech. knowledge with each other.

Edit: New stretch goal at £1000k has just been added. I so want that "Dog Companion".

What I really fear (because I watched it happen a few times) is that in the last minutes of the KS campaign some ***hole withdraws his pledge for a high tier. Suddenly thousands of bucks would be missing, ruining the last stretch goal.

At least in this case even if it happens the game will still be funded, other projects didn't have that much luck.

Damn people who think that is funny.

What I really fear (because I watched it happen a few times) is that in the last minutes of the KS campaign some ***hole withdraws his pledge for a high tier.
After seeing this Kickstarter deliver, I'm left wondering and saddened a bit by the results of the previous one I pledged for. If only RRG Games' DCS: WWII had yielded a quarter of these results ... over £1M now, wow!

Guess im a Baron now :worthy: :pirate:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"