Flying the Hind before Xmas

Mainstay

I'm wondering when we'll get some news again on actual Helicopter Stuff...all news lately were mostley filled with Hornet and Viper Stuff.

Q1 2021

Apparently releasing Q1 2021

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Q1 2021

Oh, don't get me wrong. I have also been reading somewhere that Q1 2021 is aimed on...I´m only talking about some more Information in the News on Helicopter Stuff as there´s always very little Information in this regard, whether it's the further progress of Hind development since the last news on Aug 24 or the Huey Multi-Crew Development Progress which wasn´t mentioned at all since Kates announcement. We hear about every single bit of Progress on the FW Modules but very rarely on the Helicopter Modules. Anyways, I start to derail this thing...sorry

I do believe they had mentioned somewhere that they were going focus on getting all their aircraft becoming feature complete rather than pumping out new modules. I don't have a source for this but I had seen it mentioned in the comments of one of their YouTube videos.

Ahh, yeah I remember that I have read that somewhere too, so I understand their effort and current focus very well. The FW Community can't wait to have these birds finally fully complete in their Hands. And once these Birds are out of EA so ED can focus again on other things (AH-1 or the F-4). Again, the only thing I say is that a little more information about other Sections of their work would be nice also.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I mean we did get an official teaser video with Wags flying the Hind. That's more than a lot of other "WIP" modules, we actually saw it fly. :)

I do agree that some news would be nice, maybe just an update on their progress report. I just hope the dev team is doing well with what is happening (Belarus + COVID...), I am sure it will be a great module. Until then we also have to contain excitement and remain patient...

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

I do believe they had mentioned somewhere that they were going focus on getting all their aircraft on becoming feature complete rather than pumping out new modules. I don't have a source for this but I had seen it mentioned in the comments of one of their YouTube videos.

So what does this mean? Will they "stop" development on the Hind now that it is so close to completion? I mean, it's happened before with other modules so I actually wouldn't be that surprised. In any case flying this chopper before Christmas has always been a pretty big IF.

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

So what does this mean? Will they "stop" development on the Hind now that it is so close to completion? I mean, it's happened before with other modules so I actually wouldn't be that surprised. In any case flying this chopper before Christmas has always been a pretty big IF.

No, development on the Hind is continuing normally.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Last report from ED : A lot of news regarding the A-10C II but they announced that it will then be the turn of the Hind

Where did they say that?

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I don't know what you guys are worring about? Development on the Hind is progessing as usual and whether or not we will se the Hind before Christmas depends on how many issues the devs encounter before the code is good enough to release the module in EA.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Didn't I see some interview where they said Q1 2021?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Didn't they say it in the fast jet performance interview with simon pearson at some point? Q1 2021?

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

According to how you measure business quarters, Q1 2021 could be all the way up to the end of April, which is probably a realistic date.

Didn't I see some interview where they said Q1 2021?

Yes and no. Simon Pearson, the global business development director of ED has said in an interfiew with Fast Jet Performance, that they will be busy with the Hind in Q1 2021. That doesn't say anything about its release though. If they will release it into Early Access before christmas, they obviously will be busy with working on that thing in Q1 2021 post EA release...

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

Fair enough. I was hoping for sooner, but as with all things ED I've learned that its usually later. And tbh I'd rather they do it right than push it out the door half done.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Although Belsimtek brought out the MI-8 with very little apart from a great flight model.

it would be a shame to see 2020 go by with no new choppers, a bit like 2019.... and 2018, oh and don't forget 2017.

I think 2016 was our last year for a chopper release was it not?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Although Belsimtek brought out the MI-8 with very little apart from a great flight model.

it would be a shame to see 2020 go by with no new choppers, a bit like 2019.... and 2018, oh and don't forget 2017.

I think 2016 was our last year for a chopper release was it not?

Jan 2020 : ED announcement for 2020 : Of course we don't forget the rotorheads ! :music_whistling:

Yes for sure, notting is writtent into the stone...but ED you have still 49 days for a chopper release.

49 days.

I will count those days minute by minute, the jet boys will get some real spoiling in 49 days.

Hell! We may even see a new WWII module in 49 days!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I personally don't now care so much the date. One part says nice to have it as Christmas, but then little time to enjoy from it.

So push to next year is nicer, but then comes other duties that can delay enjoyment..

Eventually when it comes, I know I dont get to enjoy from it for days after purchase. Meanwhile flying with Mi-8 and KA-50 at low and fast feeds the spirit in waiting time....

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It's still possible that 2020 will give us two(!) new helos, while the last helo release was 4 years ago.

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

Google Translate

If they release the Hind before January 7, 2021, then this will also be at Xmas, as well as in Q1 2021. :music_whistling:

Original in Russian

Если они выпустят Hind до 7 января 2021 года, то это тоже будет на Рождество, а также в 1 квартале 2021 года. :music_whistling:

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

thats was great, but haste is definitely not what is needed now, rememder F-16C?

The complexity of the Hind is nowhere near the F-16 and all of it's systems though. Apart from the multicrew and the AI gunner/pilot, which is probably the most important part of the module.

• Like 1

No I think multi crew is not so important with the P.

I believe it drove Belsimteks choice between the V and P.

Now that we are getting the P, multicrew is not that important.

Door gunners are a must here, P or V... they are a must!

no matter what the argument..... door gunners set this bullying thug apart from the others.

No I think multi crew is not so important with the P.

I believe it drove Belsimteks choice between the V and P.

Now that we are getting the P, multicrew is not that important.

Door gunners are a must here, P or V... they are a must!

no matter what the argument..... door gunners set this bullying thug apart from the others.

Yeah I imagine that the complexity of the V is a little bit higher than the P, no rotating turret, no machine gun in the turret, however the co-pilot is still pretty important. I would dig to be the gunner in the P, even if only to go along for the ride.

Ed and Belsimtek know where multi-crew is right now, they do not dick around with stuff like this.

But yes, a second pair of eyes and halving the workload with real human beings would be just superb.

Once ED achieve true coms in DCS, I think true natural talk between co-pilot and pilot will promote 2 person modules.... all other single pilot air frames will require real radio communication and human interaction to enable it.