Hind Multicrewing

QuiGon

Is multicrewing planned to be available upon (EA) release?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Damn, I must have overlooked that answer. Although that isn't the answer to my question. We knew multicrewing will come, but I'm asking if it will be available on EA release or if it will come later.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Damn, I must have overlooked that answer. Although that isn't the answer to my question. We knew multicrewing will come, but I'm asking if it will be available on EA release or if it will come later.

It's maybe one of the most challenging part for ED.

Their first real multicrew module. The multicrew F-14 from Heatblur was a very nice surprise and who knows, it will be even better on the Hind...fingers crossed...as Wags said, there's still a lot of work to do!

Their first real multicrew module. The multicrew F-14 from Heatblur was a very nice surprise and who knows, it will be even better on the Hind...fingers crossed...as Wags said, there's still a lot of work to do!

L-39 Albatros was multicrew funtionality.

I don’t care much about AI multicrew like F-14. Just player multicrew like L-39 one could work for me. Anyway I will move front cockpit to search targets and pull the trigger for ATGM

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Translators

L-39 was literally a module for a multi-crew proof of concept. Statement that Mi-24P will be first real ED multicrew looks false.

Also I bet each aircraft multi crew is different, and some things that are unique to aircraft will need new approach each time.

AKA LazzySeal

I don’t care much about AI multicrew like F-14. Just player multicrew like L-39 one could work for me. Anyway I will move front cockpit to search targets and pull the trigger for ATGM

Same, but for those that are interested in the AI copilot, there was is some information about that to be found here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3341529#post3341529

I'm not sure how accurate that still is though.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Given that ED declines to answer the question if multicrew is planned to be available at EA release, I guess this might not happen :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well I hope they will be talking to Heatblur, and license their multicrew code... For me thatś the standard right now.

I doubt that ED, as the owner and developer of DCS and its engine, will license third party code for it. I'm pretty sure they want to develop their own multicrew functions, especially as they need to provide a functional multicrew API for other 3rd party devs.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am more interested to find out how they solve the gunner cockpit VR problems/challenges.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Google Translate

For those who missed it: a flight simulator of the Ukrainian Mi-24PU1 modernized modification by the AVIA Ltd. LLC. :music_whistling:

AVIA TS has "reapears" with a new training video show a Mi-24/35 helicopter combat traning video.

Original in Russian

Для тех, кто пропустил: авиатренажёр украинской модернизированной модификации Ми-24ПУ1 от ООО «НПО "АВИА"». :music_whistling:

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

Is there any relationship between this avia simulator and DCS? Does it use the DCS core to produce the landscape and the flight dynamics of the aircraft?

:dunno:

ЕМНИП ЕД разработали для них сценарий Баку, но могу и ошибаться

Only 4 missiles for the gunner seat seems really boring.

Why Mi-24V would have been more interesting.

ATGM for MBT and hard to reach targets.

Rockets against infantry and highly armored vehicles.

12,7 mm against infantry and APC like vehicles.

It would have been more fun in Co-Op, but now we get two Mi-24P flying there as all mans own helicopters.

Google Translate

Only 4 missiles for the gunner seat seems really boring.

8 missiles will be correct, which means it is already 2 times more fun. :)

Original in Russian

Правильно будет 8 ракет, а значит это уже в 2 раза веселее. :)

For those who missed it: a flight simulator of the Ukrainian Mi-24PU1 modernized modification by the AVIA Ltd. LLC. :music_whistling:

Very good.

The only Mi-24 sim I've tried so far was: Take On Helicopters: Hinds.

Very realistic in terms of systems features, but not as immersive as DCS though...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Google Translate

Very good.

The only Mi-24 sim I've tried so far was: Take On Helicopters: Hinds.

Very realistic in terms of systems features, but not as immersive as DCS though...

Of course… because this is not a computer game, but a flight simulator for real helicopter pilots of the army aviation.

Avia-ts.com >> About us.

Scientific and Production Association "AVIA", Ltd. was founded in 1998. The company specializes in the development and delivery of Mi-8MTV, Mi-171, Mi-172 helicopters and their modifications training complexes.

<…>

In 2007 the training complex of the helicopter Mi-8MTV(AMT) has passed state tests to be used as the standard equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

<…>

The qualification tests have been performed to confirm compliance of the simulators to two requirements, namely the rules of aviation simulators certification in Ukraine (based on JAR FSTD(H)) and, for the first time in Ukraine, EASA CS-FSTD(H) 2012.

The State aviation authority of Ukraine has also issued Scientific and production association "AVIA", Ltd., with the correspondent certificates and allowances to use the simulators in the educational process.

<…>

In October 2015 The State Aviation Administration of Ukraine has issued the TRTO certificate and now our training center is legitimately authorized to provide training for civilian pilots operating Mi-8MTV (Mi-17-1V), Mi-171 and Mi-17V-5 (Mi-172) helicopters.

<…>

This video is presented in this topic simply as an illustration of the work of the multicrew of the Mi-24 helicopter.

Original in Russian

Разумеется… потому что это не компьютерная игра, а авиатренажёр для реальных пилотов вертолётов армейской авиации.

Это видео приведено в данной теме просто как иллюстрация работы многочленного экипажа вертолёта Ми-24.

Is there any relationship between this avia simulator and DCS? Does it use the DCS core to produce the landscape and the flight dynamics of the aircraft?

Nothing.

If you look carefully there is nothing similar.

The terrain engine is a out worse than DCS WORLD 1.2 had.

The aircraft animations are very crude and simple, effective for the purpose of training although. Same was weapons, very limited and simple, but again proper for training.

The flight characters seems to be proper, but again these are things those usually make right as you don't want pilots learn wrong habits.

Two things that were better than DCS.

1) Wash effect to trees when low altitude, ugly it was but added there. We have no such thing and we even get big white smoke...

2) Ground textures were little more effective to make terrain different as lack of details and all, it was still better than generic "green everywhere". In DCS add some third party terrain texture mods and all is far better 5han standard DCS (and that Avia sim is still like from 90's).

A simulator doesn't mean it is more proper or accurate than a game. Simulator just mean that something specific is modeled and it can be "good enough" while being super simple.

Example, one can make a dice simulator to roll a 6 eye dice with just 10 or less lines of code. It would have a ugly interface where you example input number how many times dice is rolled and it outputs the results to you.

Perfect simulator.

But other can need more, where now game has 150 000 lines of code. Has a beautiful 3D table, high polygon dices and proper physics engine. Where player use mouse to throw dices on the table and engine rotates dices in air based release, calculates the effects when dice hits the table surface and eventually how dices stops, and then tells what eye did dice have.

Why foremost is not simulator and later is not a game?

As in reality, throwing dice is a randomness.

We could do the same with coin flipping. And again a random number generator is the challenge.

Now if we take it all and put on example ballistics, we get far more variables to play with (gravity, drag, temperature, moisture etc etc) but we still get simple math to calculate. So we can example take all that and put it to a game to shoot things, or we can make a simulator for sharpshooters to calculate their new impact points for their rifles after inputting needed data, so they get result "21 clicks up, 5 clicks right" and they hit their target with very high probability, without doing it all just by a hand and estimation, repeating multiple times until there.

Other is a game, other is a "app" and one is "simulator".

It doesn't matter much what happens inside if we can get results that are proper.