SP Campaign: Operation Earnest Will

SpikeGondorff

4 hours ago, BuzzLine said:

Super happy to hear there will be a paid and voiceover'ed campaign ! I loved it and will gladly pay for more (or even the same).

I had a few issues here and there because I suck at air-to-air and friendly AI wingmen were not super effective but I really enjoyed the atmosphere a lot. 

Thanks, Buzzline!  In addition to voice overs, there will be 5 new missions, plus some new dialogue in the older missions, new kneeboard images, new scripts, tweaks, etc.   Hopefully a good improvement on the original.

Regarding friendly AI in air to air, I've found that ordering them in first can help.  With their uncanny knowledge of when and where a missile is fired, they're better at surviving while I pick off the engaged enemy.   

Edit:  And thanks Castor Troy!

Edited by SpikeGondorff

1 minute ago, SpikeGondorff said:

Thanks, Buzzline!  In addition to voice overs, there will be 5 new missions, plus some new dialogue in the older missions, new kneeboard images, new scripts, tweaks, etc.   Hopefully a good improvement on the original.

Whoa, 5 more ! That would be awesome. Will you (please !) keep the intermediate save mechanism ? I found it great comfort when tangling with migs for the umpteenth time. The fighter sweep mission I think it was, when you push in after (hopefully)  the SEAD strike...

Anyways, I'm more of a mudcrawler and so the "Trench Run" was my favorite mission... 😄  Cheers !

1 hour ago, BuzzLine said:

Whoa, 5 more ! That would be awesome. Will you (please !) keep the intermediate save mechanism ? I found it great comfort when tangling with migs for the umpteenth time. The fighter sweep mission I think it was, when you push in after (hopefully)  the SEAD strike...

Anyways, I'm more of a mudcrawler and so the "Trench Run" was my favorite mission... 😄  Cheers !

It will definitely have the Save feature.  I like A2G missions, too, which is weird since I love the Tomcat.  

Anyone want to volunteer for voice overs for the campaign?  I'm needing some wingmen voices (including the lovable GasCan).  Shoot me a PM if interested.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SpikeGondorff said:

Anyone want to volunteer for voice overs for the campaign?  I'm needing some wingmen voices (including the lovable GasCan).  Shoot me a PM if interested.

Would love to but unless one of them is a French exchange pilot, my accent might be hard to explain.

"Lead ziss iz two, you 'ave ... eeeeh ... 'ow you say ? Fire coming from ze aircraf-eh" 😄 

• Like 1

Any possibility for coop campaign? (Pilot+Rio)

I tried with friend and if client (not host) is pilot then some of the scripts doesnt work (e.g. check in with awacs from other radio menu becomes stuck in  loop  of repeating message and then crashes the game)

Edited by The_Tau

On 4/22/2021 at 7:47 AM, The_Tau said:

Any possibility for coop campaign? (Pilot+Rio)

I tried with friend and if client (not host) is pilot then some of the scripts doesnt work (e.g. check in with awacs from other radio menu becomes stuck in  loop  of repeating message and then crashes the game)

From what I've read, that's a DCS/ED issue.  Any use of the Transmit Message in the Mission Editor breaks it.  I can't really change all the Radio transmissions to simple Messages without a massive rework. Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 10:12 PM, Castor Troy said:

Mission 6, since the 2.7 patch. Colt 2, after taking off, instead of heading to WP1 to form up, they enter the landing pattern and trap on the CV before I can even get to a catapult.

I'm having this exact same issue as well.

None of the other aircraft exhibit this behaviour, just Colt 2.

I've been loving this campaign all the way up to this mission. It's just so frustrating, especially since the first attempt (also on 2.7) they formed up ok. I just ran out of fuel at the end and wanted to retry the full mission.

More fool me, I just should've used the mid mission save. Damnit.

Is there a way to edit the mission so that the player and Gascan start already running, with INS already stored? I'm wondering if Colt 1 is already in the air, if Colt 2 would go to form up instead of just going in to land.

2.7 really messed up a lot of things.  I fixed Mission 6 by adding a new trigger for them to stay put until your nose is pointed to between 260-300 degrees.  The carrier is headed around 280 degrees, so it should trigger when you pull out and line up for the catapult.  I attached the updated mission here because I pulled the campaign from the User Downloads for several reasons (2.7 breaking a lot of stuff being one of them). 

In the future, if anything weird like this happens with the wingmen or other flights, you should be able to fly the mission normally.  Whenever you get to the action, your Results should be 50, which means you can hit the End Mission button. When you continue the campaign, it should load the Continued version of it, usually around the 1st waypoint of the mission.  All the wingmen and other flights should be correctly placed. 

Thanks!

F14SCEarnestWill_6_FighterSweep27.miz

• 6 months later...

Last I've read from the creator was that he was planning (or thinking about) to flesh this out into a fully voice-acted paid DLC-campaign, and add additional missions.

Since then he

smoke GIF 

vanished from these forums.  

Which is a pity, because the campaign is very good, and I certainly would have bought an upgraded version with decent voice-acting.