Size of DCS & modules

Hello everybody, I would like to know the size of DCS World and all its modules for I am setting up sectioned (RAID 0) volumes from a pair of disks to accommodate the games and applications and try to shorten the loading times, so an approximate size of the whole bunch would help me a lot since I will have to create several sectioned volumes (one for DCS, another for Steam, and so on) and they cannot be extended, so it is an one shot decision (well, not really, but I dislike moving gigabytes back and forth).

Can the production and the development version of DCS World be installed at the same time? If so I should add it up as well...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Martillo1
typos

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Edit: Corrected totals, made more readable.

Total Eagle Dynamics folder: 71.5GB (contains 1.5 beta + 2.0 alpha)

Module break down:

1.5 beta (25.1GB): contains everything except C-101, Hawk and addon campaigns

2.0 Alpha (46.4GB): contains the above plus NTTR and minus WW2 stuff

Edited by King_Hrothgar

Thanks King_Hrothgar!

So I bet it is safe to say it will occupy no more than 100 GB. Then I think I will set up a volume of 200 GB to be sure there is plenty of room for temporal archives when updating the world.

I forgot another question: The modules are also installed under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\" or they folders hang under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\"?

Edited by Martillo1

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got all but the Hawk module and have all 3 versions, stable, beta and alpha installed with all additional data that there is like training missions etc.. totalspace neededis round about 100GB +/- a few.

the modules are by default located in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\mods\

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Thanks King_Hrothgar!

So I bet it is safe to say it will occupy no more than 100 GB. Then I think I will set up a volume of 200 GB to be sure there is plenty of room for temporal archives when updating the world.

I forgot another question: The modules are also installed under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\" or they folders hang under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\"?

200GB should be plenty for the next year or two at least. I expect additional maps to all be around 25GB and aircraft to be under 1GB each.

Update about performance: Loading times have shortened significantly, I did not measure them, but my impression is that they have been halved or even more. However I cannot say if that is a merit of the superior speed of a sectioned volume, or eliminating the interference between loading the game and swapping out just cut it.

Edited by Martillo1

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]