Hind Multicrewing

QuiGon

Google Translate

Why Mi-24V would have been more interesting.

ATGM for MBT and hard to reach targets.

Rockets against infantry and highly armored vehicles.

12,7 mm against infantry and APC like vehicles…

What can prevent you from using the GUV-8700 pods in the DCS: Mi-24P against infantry and APC like vehicles? :)

Original in Russian

Что может помешать Вам применить в DCS: Ми-24П гондолы ГУВ-8700 против пехоты и БТР-подобных транспортных средств? :)

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

Nothing.

If you look carefully there is nothing similar.

The terrain engine is a out worse than DCS WORLD 1.2 had…

Avia имеет свою страницу компании с ее корпоративными видео. Та же технология, что и DCS World 2.5.

Последние видеоролики - два года назад, но только для профессионального рынка

http://avia-ts.ua/en/video_en/

Да, эта карта, а точнее карты, Баку, Корсика и Афган по моему, используются на комплексном тренажёре от Avia TS, но ИМХО разработчик карты ЕД.

:music_whistling:

Nothing.

If you look carefully there is nothing similar.

The terrain engine is a out worse than DCS WORLD 1.2 had.

The aircraft animations are very crude and simple, effective for the purpose of training although. Same was weapons, very limited and simple, but again proper for training.

The flight characters seems to be proper, but again these are things those usually make right as you don't want pilots learn wrong habits.

Military / Trainer technology dont require good quality graphics, that is not your funtion, the same situation with others "trainers" as BIS, USAF trainers, the old JTAC to the British army and more, bad sceneries and quality vs funtionality. And remember, the old Proyect 7 video has more engine before ED turn DCS to 2.5, they have superior technology to 1.2.

Well I hope they will be talking to Heatblur, and license their multicrew code... For me thatś the standard right now.

That's not even remotely a realistic expectation for numerous reasons... the biggest one being that Heatblur's code for the F-14 is almost entirely inappropriate for a Hind. What, they're going to ''license'' it, and throw 90% of it in the trash and write their own anyway?

The second guy in the Hind spots and fires short range atgms, for all practical purposes, that's it, only one of those is even shared with the Tomcat (spotting).

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

:music_whistling:

Why you need to be a such a disrespectful person who can't even correct someone else properly with respect?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

What can prevent you from using the GUV-8700 pods in the DCS: Mi-24P against infantry and APC like vehicles? :)

1) Those ain't turrets

2) Those take away two pylons.

I like those puddles on the tarmac and runway.

They are cool. You get away far with small details like that.

Military / Trainer technology dont require good quality graphics, that is not your funtion, the same situation with others "trainers" as BIS, USAF trainers, the old JTAC to the British army and more, bad sceneries and quality vs funtionality.

Exactly. It is important just to cover the training principles, nothing else around that.

So while a gaming industry has people who want a fan in cockpit to be animated, the military doesn't care about such details as it has no meaningful purpose for training. Like you don't want a soldiers to be challenged with spotting of enemy if the purpose of training is to learn how to cooperate with others to destroy an enemy.

And remember, the old Proyect 7 video has more engine before ED turn DCS to 2.5, they have superior technology to 1.2.

There were many things better than 1.2 as I said, but if you look carefully at the distance the terrain and lighting is not so good as it is simplified. But again, not meant to be beautiful but functional. And as in military you do not want a low performance or problems in functions, so performance goes first.

We are likely start to see more about a fancy military simulators in the future when example MSF20 comes out, as even the satellite map details adds a lot to the scenery.

Google Translate

Why you need to be a such a disrespectful person who can't even correct someone else properly with respect?

Why do you draw any strange conclusions from my posts, especially considering that I personally did not even write anything? :)

1) Those ain't turrets

2) Those take away two pylons.

IMHO, sorry, but given the realities of the DCS World, all these arguments seem somehow unconvincing. :)

Original in Russian

Почему Вы делаете какие-то странные выводы из моих постов, особенно учитывая то, что лично я даже ничего не писа́л? :)

ИМХО, извините, но с учётом реалий DCS World, все эти доводы выглядят как-то неубедительно. :)

Exactly. It is important just to cover the training principles, nothing else around that.

So while a gaming industry has people who want a fan in cockpit to be animated, the military doesn't care about such details as it has no meaningful purpose for training. Like you don't want a soldiers to be challenged with spotting of enemy if the purpose of training is to learn how to cooperate with others to destroy an enemy.

There were many things better than 1.2 as I said, but if you look carefully at the distance the terrain and lighting is not so good as it is simplified. But again, not meant to be beautiful but functional. And as in military you do not want a low performance or problems in functions, so performance goes first.

We are likely start to see more about a fancy military simulators in the future when example MSF20 comes out, as even the satellite map details adds a lot to the scenery.

Has very interesting, always intent turn to your side the discussion..... :doh: ok, Bye.

8 missiles will be correct, which means it is already 2 times more fun. :)

Original in Russian

Правильно будет 8 ракет, а значит это уже в 2 раза веселее. :)

As for the "licensing"... it wouldn't hurt if ED had the base, of course everything F-14 specific that is Jester would be of no use for others, but certainly there's a base to it that would be.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 months later...
Is multicrewing planned to be available upon (EA) release?

Wags said

that ED wants to get multicrewing ready before release.

It's unclear though if he means EA release or final release. :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

They said somewhere* that they'll implement it in the Jury first for testing, then work it into the Hind and Kiowa.

So MC for the Jury would a first indication of release, I guess.

*Sorry, Can't remember if I've heard it on a pod, interview or on forums

A part of NOSIG

They said somewhere* that they'll implement it in the Jury first for testing, then work it into the Hind and Kiowa.

So MC for the Jury would a first indication of release, I guess.

*Sorry, Can't remember if I've heard it on a pod, interview or on forums

A part of NOSIG

Jury?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

My assumption is that he meant Huey

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Oh, well in that case I'm not sure if that is how ED is handling this. It definitely doesn't apply to the Kiowa as this one isn't in EDs hands.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Damn, I must have overlooked that answer. Although that isn't the answer to my question. We knew multicrewing will come, but I'm asking if it will be available on EA release or if it will come later.

that answer you got linked to - for me - was VERY ominous. Features 'TO BE ADDED LATER IN EA!!!" have a habit of disappearing.. or like the F14 we just are endlessly waiting 2 years later

in the case of thee hind with the extra crewman thatd be an utter disaster.

the hind was a must buy, my fav helo, and now Im seriously considering waiting until theres a 'jesterski' and multicrew or not buying at all.

I was burned by the gazelle and huey already on multicrew

I dont think tje 'huey theory' is correct

What exactly would a HIND gunner AI /and pilot AI be helpful for in a huey besides nav? Targetting?? I guess with rockets... but what about the totally different nav systems? ATGMS? A2A? I dont see it.

Also I dont code but it seems like itd be really odd and hard to go to a 5 year old product, implement some sort of AI copilot.. for testing? Why not just test in the hind they got??

Edited by sublime

Features 'TO BE ADDED LATER IN EA!!!" have a habit of disappearing..

I can't think of any feature that disappeared, but yeah, they can take quite a while (famous example: Huey multicrewing).

Tornado3 small.jpg

Oh, well in that case I'm not sure if that is how ED is handling this. It definitely doesn't apply to the Kiowa as this one isn't in EDs hands.
You're right ofc.

What I meant to say was - in a KW interview/pod, PC said they waiting for ED to sort out the MC bit, before they start thinking of implementing it on the KW.

A part of NOSIG

I dont think tje 'huey theory' is correct

What exactly would a HIND gunner AI /and pilot AI be helpful for in a huey besides nav? Targetting?? I guess with rockets... but what about the totally different nav systems? ATGMS? A2A? I dont see it.

Don't forget that in the Huey, the Copilot have a flexisight for the forward mounted miniguns

But yes, mostly I would use a AI gunner/copilot for spotting and overall SA. Things I usually lack while flying MC in the Gazell.

No to impressed by the AI ATGM shooting thou

A part of NOSIG

My 2c on how this will go in Early Access:

1) First I think they will release the Hind with a simple AI crewman sitting in the front with the promise to build on the AI in the future, but with no multicrew on EA.

2) Gradual improvements to AI and multicrew added at the very end of Early Access

(This is my optimistic prediction)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 3:53 PM, OnlyforDCS said:

My 2c on how this will go in Early Access:

1) First I think they will release the Hind with a simple AI crewman sitting in the front with the promise to build on the AI in the future, but with no multicrew on EA.

2) Gradual improvements to AI and multicrew added at the very end of Early Access

(This is my optimistic prediction)

Seems you can be even happier Hind being delayed as they wanted to add the virtual WSO from the start, unlike their original plan to have simple and release before Christmas.

And as Huey has now first multicrew feature, it likely come to Hind as well from day one.

So there is even possibility that Hind gets released without early Access.... As ready product.

Edited by Fri13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Seems you can be even happier Hind being delayed as they wanted to add the virtual WSO from the start, unlike their original plan to have simple and release before Christmas.

And as Huey has now first multicrew feature, it likely come to Hind as well from day one.

So there is even possibility that Hind gets released without early Access.... As ready product.

I sure hope so, it should in theory be a much simpler aircraft release, basically all of the technology it has we have already in some form (SACLOS ATGMs present in CA, much of the avionics from things like the Hip), only thing is multi-crew, and how the map is implemented.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.