Forrestal Progress

fl0w

I can't wait for an update! Looking forward to this. I do not mean to hijack, but I have been away for a while. Do the MODEX's change on the Tomcat yet?

Thanks!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I can't wait for an update! Looking forward to this. I do not mean to hijack, but I have been away for a while. Do the MODEX's change on the Tomcat yet?

Thanks!

Modex numbers aren't dynamic yet but I personally prefer the baked in modex numbers, as they do look better.

Yeah look, I’d dare say we’re not going to see the Forrestal this year. Considering there has been really no word on its progress. It’d be a splendid surprise if it were to leave dry dock this year, but time is rapidly running out. Really just wish they could give us even some progress picks of how it’s looking, but oh well.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Agree. Realistically, the last major update this year will be the 18th or maybe the 20th. Christmas & New Years Day fall on the following two Wednesdays.

I'm with you! Full of hope of receiving "something" for the Turkey this year. Initially, HB stated they will try to update the F-14 roughly every to weeks. Problem is, their 2 weeks not always correlate with the ED's open beta patches and so the whole Tomcat Updating went out of sync. No idea if anything from the "Road Map" is planned for release in the upcoming 18/12 (20/12) patch.. :/

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agree. Realistically, the last major update this year will be the 18th or maybe the 20th. Christmas & New Years Day fall on the following two Wednesdays.

Yup, 1 major update, then maybe a hotfix as a follow on. Then a 1 month pause for the holidays since Russian holiday season is in early january as I understand it.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The Forrestal will launch this year- not sure which month exactly yet.

We do, we should have a general developer update soon for you guys again, where we explain everything a bit more. But, we are still committed to releasing it this year.

It's going to be so nice to get the Forrestal this year!

The silence means only the team is working hard & are going to stand by their words & surprise us on Christmas :thumbup:.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

It's going to be so nice to get the Forrestal this year!

The silence means only the team is working hard & are going to stand by their words & surprise us on Christmas :thumbup:.

Hahaha, I love this, why not try and think positive. Though I hope you keep your pitchforks master arm off when it doesn't come out this year. :smilewink:

Yeah man Hornet TWS and a new carrier all in one patch itll be sweet :lol:

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I rewatched the 20% off vid, sadly not Forrestal that I could see.

It sounds like they're winding down for the holiday already and they did push out some major content for the Viggen guys. I'm going to just figure we come back from the new year and Forrestal shows up somewhere in January.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Strange that Cobra seemed so confident earlier in the year that it would get released. Seems like a lot of things at HB had slowed down quite heavily in the second half of this year. Oh well, here’s to looking forward to 2020. Have a great holiday everyone.

Well they atleast mentioned they wouldn't make it for the TWS Auto and Phoenix stuff. Haven't heard anything about the forrestal though. Im sure it will show up in the new year at some point as others have said.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Well they atleast mentioned they wouldn't make it for the TWS Auto and Phoenix stuff. Haven't heard anything about the forrestal though. Im sure it will show up in the new year at some point as others have said.

I'm wondering if the issues with their new missile behavior not working in multiplayer slowed things up, with the expectation they could finish it and move on but then it just wasn't working, meaning time spent trying to get that to work instead of Forrestal coding.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Cobra mentioned on Reddit that they hope to have it ready in January.

Also said they were working through the holidays to get that done. IMO that's not worth it for the 3rd year in a row. I think most people here would prefer that the team takes a break and we get it a little later.

9./JG27

Please, please, PLEASE make it VR performance friendly! The existing carriers bring DCS to a shuddering halt due to their usual inclusion of so many performance-zapping aircraft on deck. Is there a clever way to populate the deck with "imitation" aircraft that make the deck look busy, without requiring the rendering of 10+ detailed Hornets or Cats up top?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Thanks for your concern guys, but don't worry, we will get family time and we'll close shop for 14 days afterwards, all good.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Hi, i read on this thread that the Forrestal will be usable by anyone, does it mean only in mission, or everyone could create a mission with the Forrestal in the mission editor without owning the Tomcat?

Thanks for the reply

meaning if its in an online server you jump in i think you can land and spawn on it if you have the airframe. otherwise no, I dont think youd get it, itd be like getting super carrier for free.

• Like 1